Defensive position coaches...

TigerProwl24

How do you see our defensive staff shaking out? I think Martinez should coach DBs, Thigpen coach LBs, Pelton the interior line and leave our budding corp of ends to BVG. Lemonier has the potential to be a John Abraham type player.

To tell you the truth I'm not too sure myself.

Your scenario could end up coming true, or:

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

But who knows at this point, it's up to Chizik and BVG to decide.

[Your scenario could end up coming true, or:

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

I believe this will be the more likely scenario.

wde

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

It will either be the way you listed them or CBVG will be DC only without any position coaching responsibilities with Martinez coaching DB's, Thigpen coaching LB's and Pelton coaching the DL.

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

It will either be the way you listed them or CBVG will be DC only without any position coaching responsibilities with Martinez coaching DB's, Thigpen coaching LB's and Pelton coaching the DL.

I would prefer this. Put Thigpen where he's supposed to be, Martinez is great as a secondary coach, and BVG will be able to look at the whole defense. Everybody does what they do best.

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

I would prefer this. Put Thigpen where he's supposed to be, Martinez is great as a secondary coach, and BVG will be able to look at the whole defense. Everybody does what they do best.

Agree completely- but I cannot think of a staff where the DC does not coach a position as well. Anybody help me out with that?

How can coach Lolley still coach the CB's since he's no longer on the field? I thought coach Martinez would be coaching all the DB's.

he always has.

How can coach Lolley still coach the CB's since he's no longer on the field? I thought coach Martinez would be coaching all the DB's.

Lolley has helped out with CBs for a long long time. I don't anticipate that stopping he just won't be on the field.

Thigpen - Safeties

Martinez - Corners

BVG - Linebackers

Pelton - DLine

It's tough for the DC not to also be a position coach when the FBS staffs are limited to 1 HC, 9 Assistant Coaches and 2 GAs. The strength coach and the undergraduate coaches are not part of those restrictions.

Haha we haven't but it would be pretty cool if we did

Strange that you'd include him and in a seperate post comment that he was the "eye opener " on the list.

Archived