Auburn 7 Alcorn State 1 FINAL - Game 2

Sad to say I can't go to this one either. I really like seeing them so I can honestly tell how we are doing... Anyway here's the lineup

P - Rocky McCord Fr

1.) RF Bobby Andrews

2.) LF Jay Gonzalez

3.) CF Ryan Tella

4.) 1B Garrett Cooper

5.) 2B Creede Simpson

6.) DH Cullen Wacker

7.) SS Dan Glevenyak

8.) 3B Jarred Smith

9.) Caleb Bowen

Let's get back over .500 again boys!!!

How can a team steal 8 bases and only score 7 runs?    :dunno:

How can a team steal 8 bases and only score 7 runs?     :dunno:

Only had eight hits in the game.  Alcorn State pitchers hit SEVEN Auburn batters.  Wow.

heck, were our guys straddling the plate?!?!?!?!?

Only had eight hits in the game.  Alcorn State pitchers hit SEVEN Auburn batters.  Wow.

Probably so.  Part of playing small ball is getting on base.  If a pitcher is going to be wild, might as well take some free bases.  I am not a fan of small ball, but our personnel calls for it, and if you're going to play small ball you might as well go all out.

Probably so.  Part of playing small ball is getting on base.  If a pitcher is going to be wild, might as well take some free bases.  I am not a fan of small ball, but our personnel calls for it, and if you're going to play small ball you might as well go all out.

if they are giving away 7 free bases, ya gotta take it.  there was a school a couple of years ago (auburn played them, it may have been clemson or south carolina) that prided themselves on never backing out of the box and led the nation in hit batters.  does that ring a bell?

Archived