Mr. Penny Thread

Ronald McDonald

Guest shirley4au9

Someone should turn the sad face next to the thread link into a smiley face because Mr. Penny is now breathing on his own without the help of a ventilator! A miracle is at work ladies and gentlemen. Hallelujah!

I agree..A miracle indeed!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

It just would not be the same without Mr. Penny @ games. So glad to hear he is continuing to fight. My bet is he will doing pushups by opening game. I will have a ticket waiting on him for the Chick Fl A kick off. May God continue to perform his miriacle and bless Mr. Penny, his personal family and his AU family with a full recovery.

So good to hear of the improvement!  There is a plan in place and maybe Mr. Penny has a more work to do.  My thoughts and prayers stay with Mr. Penny and his family.

Always remember, Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David. - Shug Jordan

The odds may be against him, but the prayers and faith of thousands of his "family members" just might be a difference maker. 

Our prayers are with you Mr. Penny!

From what little time that I've been around Mr. Penny, he seems like the most pleasant and positive person you could possibly meet. I hope that our prayers are answered.  He is an awesome fan and we need him bad. We love you Mr. Penny!

My daughter goes to the school in Auburn where Mr. Penny works.  So my wife coordinated for us to take his family breakfast at the hospital this morning.  We met and spoke with his wife, daughter, sister and brother-in-law in the ICU waiting area.  They were clearly appreciative and in good spirits.  Their comments to us without getting any more specific were, "The doctors are saying he is doing things they had originally told us he would never do.  God is working a miracle!"  Given Mr. Penny's outward expressions of his faith, it should come as no surprise that his family is also strong in their faith.  After hugs all around, we left EAMC with the hope that a miracle truly is in the works.  War Eagle and Godspeed to Mr. Penny and the Richmond family!

Very good work herk. Thank you to you and your wife for being there for the family.

My daughter goes to the school in Auburn where Mr. Penny works.  So my wife coordinated for us to take his family breakfast at the hospital this morning.  We met and spoke with his wife, daughter, sister and brother-in-law in the ICU waiting area.  They were clearly appreciative and in good spirits.  Their comments to us without getting any more specific were, "The doctors are saying he is doing things they had originally told us he would never do.  God is working a miracle!"  Given Mr. Penny's outward expressions of his faith, it should come as no surprise that his family is also strong in their faith.  After hugs all around, we left EAMC with the hope that a miracle truly is in the works.  War Eagle and Godspeed to Mr. Penny and the Richmond family!

:bow:

Glad to hear Mr. Penny is getting better. I don't know if this is the right place to ask so please move to the correct thread if needed but is there any evidence that proves the self inflicted wound was pre-meditated? I ask because I find it so hard to believe that someone so positive and loved could do that. My thoughts go out to Mr. Penny and his family. Hang in there Mr. Penny!

Oftentimes we never know what an individual is struggling with internally.  What we see on the outside and what is going on inside may be in stark contrast.  I really don't think there is much more to squeeze out of this turnip that would be anything other than speculation or rumor.  Maybe, if we're lucky and he wants to share, Mr. Penny can tell us all some day what happened.  Until then we can certainly pray for him and his family.  War Eagle!

Glad to hear Mr. Penny is getting better. I don't know if this is the right place to ask so please move to the correct thread if needed but is there any evidence that proves the self inflicted wound was pre-meditated? I ask because I find it so hard to believe that someone so positive and loved could do that. My thoughts go out to Mr. Penny and his family. Hang in there Mr. Penny!

Since I know that you are sincere in your concern, I will say that I have a friend with knowlege of the situation and Mr. Penny was under a lot of stress. It would not be proper for me to go into any more detail and I don't have much more than that. It's just the type of life stuff we all know of and it surprises me that Mr Penny could be so down about it to react this way. I hope that he will get well enough to explain.

Oftentimes we never know what an individual is struggling with internally.  What we see on the outside and what is going on inside may be in stark contrast.  I really don't think there is much more to squeeze out of this turnip that would be anything other than speculation or rumor.  Maybe, if we're lucky and he wants to share, Mr. Penny can tell us all some day what happened.  Until then we can certainly pray for him and his family.  War Eagle!

I totally agree about it being speculation, just wondering if there were any facts out there yet. War Eagle Mr. Penny!

There are different triggers for everyone, depending on what's happened in our lives. Something that one person may be able to handle will absolutely crush someone else due to past experiences, fears, and hurts. It can be hard to predict what will send a person to that deep,dark place where hope is gone and self-harm seems like a good option.

I just hope Mr. Penney can recover, and enjoy life again.

I totally agree about it being speculation, just wondering if there were any facts out there yet. War Eagle Mr. Penny!

It is good to see Mr. Penny getting better. It is also good that everyone is not just repeating stuff they have heard, that may or may not be true. Because once a lie is out there, it is almost impossible to get back to the truth in a lot of people's minds,i.e.Cam Newton.

It is good to see Mr. Penny getting better. It is also good that everyone is not just repeating stuff they have heard, that may or may not be true. Because once a lie is out there, it is almost impossible to get back to the truth in a lot of people's minds,i.e.Cam Newton.

People genuinely love Mr. Penny, and hopefully no one wants to do further harm to him.  What's important right now is that he regain as much of his health as possible. The support from thousands of Auburn fans will be uplifting to him in his recovery.

Good to hear Mr. Penny is hanging in there, I just hope if he makes a recovery he's able to overcome the demons that supposedly drove him to his current condition. Great that he may have the opportunity to do so, hopefully he doesn't go right back into a life of suffering and misery.

Archived