Heartbreaking News!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ CharlesRobinson: SOURCES: FBI probing guard Varez Ward and potential point-shaving in Auburn basketball.  Is this why we blow big leads in the second half? I got that tweet a few minutes ago. Anybody heard anything? If he is guilty, thats probably the reason he is gone from the team.

I just read the article from Robinson.  It's hard to believe, but at least it looks like the school was proactive as soon as they found out.  They contacted the FBI and the NCAA immediately and suspended him from the team.

I just hate we have more bad press when everything began to quiet down a little.

Poor guys on the team busting theirs and this guy purposefully giving it away to lose, pitiful.

Wow, kid just ruined his life reguardless of the outcome of the investigation. No team is going to want to touch him. Wonder what he was supposedly(At least until found guilty) getting for shaving?

I don't see how this is bad press for AU.  Sounds more like bad press for one selfish guy who sold out his teammates and his school.  

I've been saying it seems like we were intentionally trying to lose games all season--but I didn't mean like this... :o

I was just refering to Auburn's name being attached to it.  You know how people are these days, they will see the headline and not read the article and assume the worst possible.  Kind of like with Cam.

I for one am proud of the school for not waiting and contacting the FBI and the NCAA when they became aware and then suspending the kid.

I don't see how this is bad press for AU.  Sounds more like bad press for one selfish guy who sold out his teammates and his school.  

that's not how ESPN will spin it.

I always thought, there's no way this guy could be this bad...turns out I was right!  +2 internets for me!  

Finebaum and a guest were just talking about how this is a huge deal for Auburn... brought up Cam Newton a lot and used a train of thought that I couldn't follow.

And so it begins.

Finebaum and a guest were just talking about how this is a huge deal for Auburn... brought up Cam Newton a lot and used a train of thought that I couldn't follow.

And so it begins.

you made your mistake by listening to that fool. don't do it.

this is heartbreaking.  >:(

this really does suck. but i would really like to know how denson got back on the team if he was involved at any level.

Wait a second....Paul Finebaum is taking to the airwaves and saying negative things about Auburn while spinning this Varez Ward stuff to somehow implicate wrongdoings involving Cam Newton and Auburn University....get right out of town.  

The rest of the players should take him behind the gym and beat the crap out of him for hamstringing their season like that. Sickening.

The rest of the players should take him behind the gym and beat the crap out of him for hamstringing their season like that. Sickening.

He hamstrung more than this season.

saw this posted on Auburn Undercover

Poster:

Finescum is saying Auburn will have to shut the program down for a year or two. He had a guest on from Ohio who agreed. I don't understand why AU would get into trouble..

Bryan Matthews replied:

Finebaum is a rating-chasing whore who doesn't know anything about Auburn or this investigation.

He hamstrung more than this season.

Yep, unfortunately the NCAA will also be involved.  Who the heck wants them back on campus?  Along with the freakin FBI?  

Lord have mercy - the hits just keep on comin for us.  Will we EVER have any peace as AU alumni/fans?

Poster:

Finescum is saying Auburn will have to shut the program down for a year or two. He had a guest on from Ohio who agreed. I don't understand why AU would get into trouble..

Bryan Matthews replied:

Finebaum is a rating-chasing whore who doesn't know anything about Auburn or this investigation.

why anyone listens to Finebaum is beyond me..what a slime-ball.

Poster:

Bryan Matthews replied:

why anyone listens to Finebaum is beyond me..what a slime-ball.

AMEN Lint.

I can't believe this news breaks on the same day that we make a run at the SEC Championship....  :dunno:

Denson is one of my favorites so I hope he's not involved.  From the article, it looks like once the situation was brought to the Coaches attention everything was handled properly.

Fill me in on what auburn did wrong and then I will panic.  In the mean time, I am very happy that Barbee appeared to handle this the right way.  BTW, if true, I hope VW's spends some time in jail and would love to read an article where the team sent him to the hospital after confronting him.  All the guys busting their tails everyday should have the right to punch him in the face once for every point shaved.  There is no room for cheaters and I have no use for cheaters in this world.  Sorry if you think this is too harsh!

Archived