Heartbreaking News!

Dave....I think many of us are very thankful the mods keep this board in "check" and you only have to go over to TigerDroppings to see why.  Over there, probably 75% of the posts are profanity laced and extremely offensive in some manner.  I personally am glad that this board demands respect for its members and when I post I don't run the risk of being called some vulgar name with some vulgar pic attached to it.   I appreciate that the mods strive to keep AE a "clean" discussion and on topic.  They have to be quite strict on it, or it will get out of control (that is just the nature of a public message board).   

Just giving some perspective on the "whys" of the rules here.  :)

And I think it is a little silly to have three pages of arguing and teeth nashing over why profanity was edited out of your post.  Your opinions/thoughts CAN be expressed without the use of profanity.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not complaining about my post being deleted.  I am complaining about my post being edited.  If this message board can't handle the word "B***h" then I shudder to think what they would think about the words that would be used to describe Harvey Updike.  Seriously, I have posted my phone number, please, somebody give me a call.

WDE

Its not that we can't handle it, its the fact that we choose not to have to.  I'm sure many use that language daily, but when on AE, they refrain from using it.

On Ward. It is disgusting to think someone would take a free opportunity to compete at the highest level in basketball and intentionally lose or perform poorly so you can earn some extra cash. I am really curious on how this broke. If a player noticed it and alerted the coaches or if he tried to recruit guys to join him (such as Chris Denson) and one of them told him where to stick it and told Coach Barbee. Very disturbing news but glad to hear that this is an isolated incident as of now.

And let's please not try and blame this on bama fans, barbee, the compliance dept, or the boogeyman or draw up crazy conspiracy theories as it looks childish and petty. It appears it was one selfish kid trying to make some dirty money by throwing games. Sometimes not everyone that dawns the orange and blue are truly honest people that will try their hardest. It is unfortunate and I hate how once again the Auburn name has been tarnished by poor selfish decisions.....

That is about all we know... it appears as something but we don't really know enough to know what it is or if there is really anything to it.  Was it just some bs comment that got blown up into something or is there something there?

Everyone is certainly entitled to spend every valuable minute of their individual lives doing what they wish to do, so the appearance on the site of no less than eight (8) threads on the Varez Ward thing is understandable.  However, I prefer to spend my time on this site discussing, learning, listening, and analyzing events that are revelant to everything Auburn.  This Ward thing is not a problem, never will be.  The comparison to Camgate is far-reaching, the damage to us is non-existant.  Angst if you wish, but there will no more clicks on those threads from this computer.  Life is too short, and spring practice is around the corner.  We are in the process of assembling the best recruiting class in our history; let's talk about that.  And, if you'll give both Bball programs one more year, you'll be very proud.

I'm just sick of being in the negative spotlight!!

We already have a horrible basketball team and now this. smh....

Simmer down Aunt Bee. :bow:

This statement will get lost in translation..."The report said the coaching staff became aware of the allegations when a player raised concerns with an assistant coach in late February. Auburn then contacted the FBI and the NCAA."

What else can you do? :dunno:

I didn't say Barbee/Auburn didn't handle it right after they found out. I said I'm sick of being in the negative spotlight Aunt Bee.

Life's tough...you had better be in it for the long haul.

This statement will get lost in translation..."The report said the coaching staff became aware of the allegations when a player raised concerns with an assistant coach in late February. Auburn then contacted the FBI and the NCAA."

I didn't say Barbee/Auburn didn't handle it right after they found out. I said I'm sick of being in the negative spotlight Aunt Bee.

Life's tough...you had better be in it for the long haul.

So, life is just a box of chocolates huh?

Please don't bring Aunt Bee into this discusssion. She was a wonderful lady.

The "let's get Auburn" thing in the media is so old now. I would bet that the nation really couldn't care less about all this "Auburn is a bunch of cheaters" crap anymore. It was the hot thing to write about last year, but it's old now. These media goobs are just trying to get last minute notoriety. Find something else to write about. Nobody cares anymore.

These allegations are pretty serious. When a university reaches out to the FBI about possible criminal activity going on you can expect it to be all over the media. This isn't a witch hunt and it isn't about Auburn being a bunch of cheaters. It's about the possibility of federal laws being broken at a major university. If that isn't sports newsworthy, what is?

These allegations are pretty serious. When a university reaches out to the FBI about possible criminal activity going on you can expect it to be all over the media. This isn't a witch hunt and it isn't about Auburn being a bunch of cheaters. It's about the possibility of federal laws being broken at a major university. If that isn't sports newsworthy, what is?

Most AU fans agree that it's a serious matter for Varez but when companies like ESPN posts their headline on the front page that "Auburn being investigated for point shaving" it plays into all the negative garbage that AU has to constantly endure.  This is not an AU problem. 

Like with the Cam investigation, I'm very proud of our basketball coaches for immediatley reporting this to the correct authorities.

Haters will always hate. 

I still think Saban is involved but I just can't connect all the dots yet.  :dunno:

Most AU fans agree that it's a serious matter for Varez but when companies like ESPN posts their headline on the front page that "Auburn being investigated for point shaving" it plays into all the negative garbage that AU has to constantly endure.  This is not an AU problem. 

Like with the Cam investigation, I'm very proud of our basketball coaches for immediatley reporting this to the correct authorities.

Haters will always hate. 

I still think Saban is involved but I just can't connect all the dots yet.   :dunno:

FYI - I would think that Ward isn't the only one being investigated.  I would imagine that the entire AU basketball program is under investigation right now.  Nothing has been confirmed at "fact" , not even that Ward is guilty.  It's all still under investigation, which includes AU.

This is criminsal activity that went on at a major college university.  It's "news" - I hate like heck it's us, but there's nothing we can do about it.  We possibly had a cheater on our team, that played in games......  That's all we know right now.

Haters will always hate. 

I still think Saban is involved but I just can't connect all the dots yet.   :dunno:

You are being too sensitive. I know in my heart that Auburn hasn't done anything wrong here, but I promise you the FBI isn't going to take my word for it. Auburn will be/is being investigated. If this is the case, there is nothing wrong with the accuracy of ESPN's headline. If this were another school, you would have no problem with ESPN's headline because you have no emotional attachment to that school. ESPN has put out some shady things in the past about Auburn that may not have been fair or accurate, but this isn't one of those things as far as I can see. The headline is factual information in as few words as possible; It's the reader who makes it more than that.

I am not complaining about my post being deleted.  I am complaining about my post being edited.  If this message board can't handle the word "B***h" then I shudder to think what they would think about the words that would be used to describe Harvey Updike.  Seriously, I have posted my phone number, please, somebody give me a call.

WDE

Its not that we can't handle it, its the fact that we choose not to have to.  I'm sure many use that language daily, but when on AE, they refrain from using it.

I curse alot (very limited vocab, primarily b/c I'm not a strong reader)....just not on here. 

This website is supposed to be fun, try not to take yourself so seriously (<--- directed at whomever can benefit from this advice)

To lighten the mood, I have included a picture of a kitten patting a baby chick on the head

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO5SE3FJNwIOSn4vL84dPy3zOQV4vEqarwlDR9ygfg9W_AVO3ang

and one of a bunny stealing cookies

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqj8P89HDLtphw6YHNQo7D4B8uSbclq7SNPSe9LasX6j-Naly5EQ

WDE

I curse alot (very limited vocab, primarily b/c I'm not a strong reader)....just not on here. 

This website is supposed to be fun, try not to take yourself so seriously (<--- directed at whomever can benefit from this advice)

To lighten the mood, I have included a picture of a kitten patting a baby chick on the head

that is priceless!! Thanks for the laugh, Dansby!

WDE

:thumbsup:

That kitten is not "patting" the baby duck on the head.  Look deep into the eyes of the kitten and the duck.  We are about 7 seconds away from the kill shot. 

That kitten is not "patting" the baby duck on the head.   Look deep into the eyes of the kitten and the duck.   We are about 7 seconds away from the kill shot. 

Now if we could just exchange the baby duck for a yellow bird all would be well in the world

That kitten is not "patting" the baby duck on the head.   Look deep into the eyes of the kitten and the duck.   We are about 7 seconds away from the kill shot.   

Now if we could just exchange the baby duck for a yellow bird all would be well in the world

uh... I think we'll need a bigger cat.  :-\

umm, it is a yellow bird. :dunno:

WDE

That's not a chick, that's a duck.  You dumbass!   :laugh:

[Hey, the system didn't censor the word 'dumbass' in my post.  Wierd....]

WDE

That's not a chick, that's a duck.  You dumbass!   :laugh:

[Hey, the system didn't censor the word 'dumbass' in my post.  Wierd....]

Is that rabbit wearing a turtleneck?  :dunno:

Archived