Heartbreaking News!

The funny thing about this is that the FBI and the NCAA and Yahoo Sports can report anything that Auburn does wrong within days. Auburn has a less than 24 hour news cycle every other school in the country takes months or years.

I believe they've been sitting on this news for a few weeks at least.  But, I see your point.

I've gotta ask - How the heck does Charles Robinson have so many "inside" sources where he is literally the first to break these stories?  Has he got moles planted in every program?  And, why break this news today, right before the SEC Tournament starts?  Weird that when ole Chuck Robinson shows up, bad things follow and he's the one with the inside scoop. :(

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing I feel like I have to say, is it just me that thinks that Auburn's sports programs need our AD to step up and call a meeting in the new arena to speak to every student athlete we have and lay the law down!  I dont care what some people say otherwise, our beloved university is getting black eye after black eye in the national news and it has ABSOLUTELY lowered a great many people's perception of Auburn.  Whether this is right or wrong this is reality!!   All you have to do is get on any sports message board and where you see the word Auburn you will see negative comment after negative comment and its not just Alabama fans that are saying these things.  The fact of the matter is that many of you would probably feel the same way about another school if they were constantly in the news for bad things happening within that school.  The law needs to be laid down to these athletes that THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FROM NOW ON!!!  One strike and you are outta here!!!  I dont care if it is a PI at a bar, an under age drinking charge, anything that could be construed as bad for the schools image happens because of an individuals choices and actions results in expulsion from team and school.  Auburn has a serious image problem and it needs to be repaired IMO.  Anyone else agree or have ideas how we can prevent more problems down the road?

I do not think any zero tolenance policy matters. If the guys is willing to break federal laws and risk federal prison, I seriously doubt team rules matter one iota.

First, AU and AU basketball are fine and have nothing to worry about and will not be in any trouble whatsoever (assuming what has been reported so far). AU found out about it and reported it themselves. Ward will be in trouble, but AU is fine and did everything right as usual.

Second, I have to wonder about the Bama game. The officiating in that game was well beyond bad. It was a joke and so bad, I think this is one of the VERY few times when there may be something to a conspiracy. Normally I laugh at even the mention of a conspiracy. But the officiating in that game was extraordinarily one sided against the home team in the first half. The second half was officiated ok, but the refs seriously kept bama in the game early and were SOLEY responsible for the lead bama had at half (I think it was 7 points).

Now, I am not saying bama fans or anyone associated with bama had any part in it. But due to the way the first half was officiated and some corroborating knowledge that the game was actually fixed to an extent, it would not surprise me if there was some type of Tim Donaghy situation.

I sat through that game and thought the same damn thing.  That first half officiating was unbelievably against the home team.  Only when the AU student section raised he!! at the refs at the half time did the officiating change somewhat.  With the bad officiating and the poor play by our players, and uat having more a dozen turnovers on the road and to walk outta there wiht a win of that margin, it was a questional game all around, IMO.  Something relally fishy was going on that night in the Arena.  (Now think of how we played uat at their court and how close that game was.)

I have a couple of friends talking about it on FB (in regards to referees possibly being involved)....apparently just whispers, but sometimes that is how it begins. 

But...this is a good point someone made.  AU Basketball is not a program that is really bet on "nationally"...i.e. you usually don't have big money put on AU.  Probably why no one is reporting anything unusual in regards to the Vegas betting lines.

This was orchestrated at a very local level....and the other person involved besides Ward is more than likely in this state.  And I would not doubt one bit there is a tie to the school across the state.  

One more thing I feel like I have to say, is it just me that thinks that Auburn's sports programs need our AD to step up and call a meeting in the new arena to speak to every student athlete we have and lay the law down!  I dont care what some people say otherwise, our beloved university is getting black eye after black eye in the national news and it has ABSOLUTELY lowered a great many people's perception of Auburn.  Whether this is right or wrong this is reality!!   All you have to do is get on any sports message board and where you see the word Auburn you will see negative comment after negative comment and its not just Alabama fans that are saying these things.  The fact of the matter is that many of you would probably feel the same way about another school if they were constantly in the news for bad things happening within that school.  The law needs to be laid down to these athletes that THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FROM NOW ON!!!  One strike and you are outta here!!!  I dont care if it is a PI at a bar, an under age drinking charge, anything that could be construed as bad for the schools image happens because of an individuals choices and actions results in expulsion from team and school.  Auburn has a serious image problem and it needs to be repaired IMO.  Anyone else agree or have ideas how we can prevent more problems down the road?

I do not think any zero tolenance policy matters. If the guys is willing to break federal laws and risk federal prison, I seriously doubt team rules matter one iota.

It's been very obvious that team rules matter very little to our players, both football & basketball.  We've lost some talented individuals over the past 12 months due to them not giving a crap about Auburn University.  Poor character kids that made poor decisions that hurt them and their future, and hurt AU's image as a result.  It's a crying shame. >:(

stop worrying about what other people think of Auburn...trust me they will hate regardless. If anything you should be proud your university did the right thing and was proactive..no cover up, As far as all that mudslinging about Cam, it was all proven false, and after the colonic the NCAA gave AU no wrondoing was found.  So be proud...dont be upset or worried.

I have a couple of friends talking about it on FB (in regards to referees possibly being involved)....apparently just whispers, but sometimes that is how it begins. 

But...this is a good point someone made.  AU Basketball is not a program that is really bet on "nationally"...i.e. you usually don't have big money put on AU.  Probably why no one is reporting anything unusual in regards to the Vegas betting lines.

This was orchestrated at a very local level....and the other person involved besides Ward is more than likely in this state.  And I would not doubt one bit there is a tie to the school across the state.  

excellent point and post

Anyone else see the possible bammer connection here? Varez is from Montgomery so he has plenty of UA connections(friends, relatives,parent's co-workers, etc). He averaged about 2 turnovers a game until the bammer game when he had 6 in limited minutes. He also shot 1-5 in that game with his only made basket being a layup. Keep in mind this was the same game the refs seemed to be all over us. Could be a coincidence but if you REALLY think about it there are a few points that seem to add up.

Sure go ahead, blame the turds ----- I'm pointing fingers at a former fella that was part of landing AU basketball on 2 yrs probation back in '04 (Whom Varez Ward played AAU ball for) and I get chastized for it.  May as well point a few fingers at our enemy too.  Heck, they'd have more motive to put AU through another media scandal and NCAA/FBI anal probe than anybody else I guess.  (Notice the sarcastic yellow tint to my post)

Not sure I understand the need for your sarcasm, considering you made a couple of good points to support both cases. It's not as if I was blaming their whole school and fan base... Seeing how Ward was an in-state guy and the bammer game is in question I think you'd be naive not to at least consider a bammer's involvement. Do you really think he was alone in this endeavour and randomly chose the alabama game to throw? Really?

The funny thing about this is that the FBI and the NCAA and Yahoo Sports can report anything that Auburn does wrong within days. Auburn has a less than 24 hour news cycle every other school in the country takes months or years.

I believe they've been sitting on this news for a few weeks at least.  But, I see your point.

I've gotta ask - How the heck does Charles Robinson have so many "inside" sources where he is literally the first to break these stories?  Has he got moles planted in every program?  And, why break this news today, right before the SEC Tournament starts?  Weird that when ole Chuck Robinson shows up, bad things follow and he's the one with the inside scoop. :(

he finds out from leaks inside the SEC office....the main leak is named mark womack.....until he is removed,the press will have a "full metal jacket" toward AU.....the SEC office is infested with updykes....been trying to tell you about it,along with the true nature of mark emmert

This makes me sick. I just will never understand somebody not playing to their full potential just for financial gain.

For those worried about Auburn getting into any trouble over this, please explain to me how Auburn broke any rules whatsoever? This is no different than our 4 idiot football players going and kicking in a trailer door. This is about an individual, who happens to play basketball for Auburn, breaking the law. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's don't make this into something it is not.

First, AU and AU basketball are fine and have nothing to worry about and will not be in any trouble whatsoever (assuming what has been reported so far). AU found out about it and reported it themselves. Ward will be in trouble, but AU is fine and did everything right as usual.

Second, I have to wonder about the Bama game. The officiating in that game was well beyond bad. It was a joke and so bad, I think this is one of the VERY few times when there may be something to a conspiracy. Normally I laugh at even the mention of a conspiracy. But the officiating in that game was extraordinarily one sided against the home team in the first half. The second half was officiated ok, but the refs seriously kept bama in the game early and were SOLEY responsible for the lead bama had at half (I think it was 7 points).

Now, I am not saying bama fans or anyone associated with bama had any part in it. But due to the way the first half was officiated and some corroborating knowledge that the game was actually fixed to an extent, it would not surprise me if there was some type of Tim Donaghy situation.

I sat through that game and thought the same damn thing.  That first half officiating was unbelievably against the home team.  Only when the AU student section raised he!! at the refs at the half time did the officiating change somewhat.  With the bad officiating and the poor play by our players, and uat having more a dozen turnovers on the road and to walk outta there wiht a win of that margin, it was a questional game all around, IMO.  Something relally fishy was going on that night in the Arena.  (Now think of how we played uat at their court and how close that game was.)

The officiating did change in the 2nd half and the game was called fairly after that. However, the damage was done in the first half. We never even sniffed the lead in the 2nd and never even got within 5 points (the line on the game). So, the refs had done what was needed by halftime when we were down by 11. I really would not think the refs were involved 99% of the time, but that first half was officiated so incredibly one-sided against the HOME team, the question has to be asked. And it is already a known fact the game was fixed by someone.

The officiating did change in the 2nd half and the game was called fairly after that. However, the damage was done in the first half. We never even sniffed the lead in the 2nd and never even got within 5 points (the line on the game). So, the refs had done what was needed by halftime when we were down by 11. I really would not think the refs were involved 99% of the time, but that first half was officiated so incredibly one-sided against the HOME team, the question has to be asked. And it is already a known fact the game was fixed by someone.

Easy now... there are no know facts in this situation yet, other than it's being looked into.

I have a question. We've all heard comments for years that the SEC protects higher ranked teams for bowl and money purposes.  

Anyone think they may do that in basketball?   Bama was supposedly on the bubble when we played and that win helped them get some momentum.

Just look at this game tonight.  Ole Miss is needing wins bad to make the big tournament - and they were in the bonus in less than 5 minutes tonight.  Auburn is still not in the bonus with 4 minutes left in the half.  

this is having an effect on the team tonight. how could it not? i feel bad for everyone involved with this program. these guys practiced with Ward, then fought on the court with him. betrayal is an understatement. I wonder if Ward is watching this game? I wonder where he is and what he is thinking?

My earlier post either got lost of deleted, but I'll try again.  If this information is true then this son-of-a-B***h should be kicked the ass until his nose bleeds.

War Eagle

I would like to know what moderator edited my post.  I can't believe that you cannot live with the word bitch.  I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck.  I have two degrees from Auburn in Electrical Engineering and I have an excellent grasp of the English language.  The word bitch refers to a female dog or in slang to a malicious, selfish, or unpleasant person.  Now please tell me what about that offends you.  I would appreciate it if you would give me a phone number or an E-Mail address because I would like to discuss this with you further.

War Eagle

My earlier post either got lost of deleted, but I'll try again.  If this information is true then this son-of-a-B***h should be kicked the ass until his nose bleeds.

War Eagle

I would like to know what moderator edited my post.  I can't believe that you cannot live with the word B***h.  I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck.  I have two degrees from Auburn in Electrical Engineering and I have an excellent grasp of the English language.  The word B***h refers to a female dog or in slang to a malicious, selfish, or unpleasant person.  Now please tell me what about that offends you.  I would appreciate it if you would give me a phone number or an E-Mail address because I would like to discuss this with you further.

War Eagle

Sending a PM would be best. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

War Eagle

I would like to know what moderator edited my post.  I can't believe that you cannot live with the word B***h.  I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck.  I have two degrees from Auburn in Electrical Engineering and I have an excellent grasp of the English language.  The word B***h refers to a female dog or in slang to a malicious, selfish, or unpleasant person.  Now please tell me what about that offends you.  I would appreciate it if you would give me a phone number or an E-Mail address because I would like to discuss this with you further.

War Eagle

Pardon my ignorance but what is a PM and to whow should I send it?

WDE

My earlier post either got lost of deleted, but I'll try again. If this information is true then this son-of-a-B***h should be kicked the ass until his nose bleeds.

War Eagle

I would like to know what moderator edited my post. I can't believe that you cannot live with the word B***h. I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck. I have two degrees from Auburn in Electrical Engineering and I have an excellent grasp of the English language. The word B***h refers to a female dog or in slang to a malicious, selfish, or unpleasant person. Now please tell me what about that offends you. I would appreciate it if you would give me a phone number or an E-Mail address because I would like to discuss this with you further.

War Eagle

Pardon my ignorance but what is a PM and to whow should I send it?

WDE

Personal Message. Send it to BigBird, he'll be happy to discuss.

How do I send a personal message and please tell me how you knew that Big Bird was the culprit?

WDE

How do I send a personal message and please tell me how you knew that Big Bird was the culprit?

WDE

Don't know if he is the culprit but if I am going to stay up and watch this unfold he will be MOD most likely to make it classic. 

WDE

Don't know if he is the culprit but if I am going to stay up and watch this unfold he will be MOD most likely to make it classic.   

:laugh:      so true!

WDE

You still haven't told me how to send a personal message to this clown.

WDE

WDE

WDE

Here is his profile. At the bottom click the link where it says send a personal message. :)http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=profile;u=181

WDE

WDE

keep it up and you won't be posting here anymore

No one edited out your post. Its in the system to edit certain words. Words such as **ck, B***h, $**t etc. that many deem offensive are not allowed. I'll be glad to discuss this further through PMs if you wish.

Archived