Heartbreaking News!

I'm just sick of being in the negative spotlight!!

We already have a horrible basketball team and now this. smh....

Au doesn't have a big history of having a quality basketball program so to see it snake-bit by the NCAA/FBI! so much is crazy...unreal.  Shouldn't you be able to make points to shave points??

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simmer down Aunt Bee. :bow:

This statement will get lost in translation..."The report said the coaching staff became aware of the allegations when a player raised concerns with an assistant coach in late February. Auburn then contacted the FBI and the NCAA."

What else can you do? :dunno:

Charles Robinson also came on and said that from everything he knows, AU is the one that busted this and reported this to NCAA/FBI and handled it the correct way.  From what he said, it does not appear AU should be harmed by this.  Now if Barbee or anyone had attempted to cover it up, THAT would be bad for Auburn.  Everyone calm down, stop listening to Finebaum trying to spin this as a program problem when this appears to be ONE rouge player (who was a transfer, BTW, so there is no telling who he was associated with at Texas that could be behind this curtain). 

But I do find it pretty strange that the game they are really focusing on is the Alabama game.  Makes you wonder...

Simmer down Aunt Bee. :bow:

This statement will get lost in translation..."The report said the coaching staff became aware of the allegations when a player raised concerns with an assistant coach in late February. Auburn then contacted the FBI and the NCAA."

What else can you do? :dunno:

I didn't say Barbee/Auburn didn't handle it right after they found out. I said I'm sick of being in the negative spotlight Aunt Bee.

I haven't listened to the scum in years. In fact, I didn't know anything about this until I read it on here.

where did you read that augirl? i'd like to read for myself. those were actually the first words out of my mouth when i read it involved the  bumma game. refs really screwed us in that game.

Charles Robinson also came on and said that from everything he knows, AU is the one that busted this and reported this to NCAA/FBI and handled it the correct way.  From what he said, it does not appear AU should be harmed by this.  Now if Barbee or anyone had attempted to cover it up, THAT would be bad for Auburn.  Everyone calm down, stop listening to Finebaum trying to spin this as a program problem when this appears to be ONE rouge player (who was a transfer, BTW, so there is no telling who he was associated with at Texas that could be behind this curtain). 

But I do find it pretty strange that the game they are really focusing on is the Alabama game.  Makes you wonder...

Makes you wonder what? 

I want to kick Ward in the teeth.  He was given a scholarship at AU and he was playing for the other team. :banghead:

Have read several places where this could involve referees as well....hmmmm.

You getting that from ITAT? 

Robinson didn't mention a word about it.

My earlier post either got lost of deleted, but I'll try again.  If this information is true then this son-of-a-bitch should be kicked the ass until his nose bleeds.

War Eagle

My earlier post either got lost of deleted, but I'll try again.  If this information is true then this son-of-a-B***h should be kicked the ass until his nose bleeds.

War Eagle

The Feds will take care of him.

yeah that bammer game was the worst reffed game I have ever seen... 2 or 3 fouls for hanging on the rim after dunks... one dunk had he not hung on the rim would have fallen flat on his back.  something is fishy here. 

Probably the fact that anyone actually bet money on an AU basketball game was sufficient hint that something might be going on.  

The timeline sounds like Barbee and AU reacted about as quickly as they could have.  

I hate it for the kids who were busting their tails playing against superior talented teams...while a fellow player was trying to help the other side.  

:banghead:

Well at least AU can't get in trouble for this

Are you sure about that... I'm not?

What did AU do wrong?  I don't see how AU could be in trouble unless the staff knew about it and covered it up.  Barbee's whole staff has been with him for a long time, I just don't see them being caught up in this. 

So we've been playing 4-on-6 this entire year and still finished the regular season 15-15? Call me crazy, but I'd consider that a success! :we:

This is terrible.  Of course the media will make it about Auburn and not the player.  The article on ESPN mobile says "Auburn hoops probed for point shaving".

Well at least AU can't get in trouble for this

Are you sure about that... I'm not?

What did AU do wrong?  I don't see how AU could be in trouble unless the staff knew about it and covered it up.  Barbee's whole staff has been with him for a long time, I just don't see them being caught up in this. 

nm

For all those who wondered if Ward's days were numbered? YES!!!! And good riddance. AU has a hard enough time winning basketball games, they certainly DON'T need to help the progress along. For all of us who wondered if Ward still had lingering effects from his injury, well, he sold his team, the coaches and AU. would have been far better if he had stayed injured.

of course ESPN would spin in it   paging Charles Barkley to the white courtesty phone... paging Charles Barkley to the white courtesy phone

This is terrible.  Of course the media will make it about Auburn and not the player.  The article on ESPN mobile says "Auburn hoops probed for point shaving".

Face it, I'm sure the FBI is probing like a mofo into AU basketball program.  They often take the position that where one player will cheat, so will others.  Here's hoping this is an isolated incident.  

Archived