a legend passes

kingofhill1

Since this is supposed to be media related I thought I'd pass this on. Furman Bisher who wrote for the Atlanta Journal and then the Atlanta Journal/Constitution has passed away. He was an outstanding sports writer. The best thing about him...you guessed it, the updykes hated his guts.

If I had to guess I would think it was the hit Darwin Holt but on GT player Chick Granning back in the '60s. There was a lot of bad blood between Bear and Bobby Dodd over that incident and I am sure Furman had a dim view of it also.

If I had to guess I would think it was the hit Darwin Holt but on GT player Chick Granning back in the '60s. There was a lot of bad blood between Bear and Bobby Dodd over that incident and I am sure Furman had a dim view of it also.

^^This^^ Furman always thought bear taught his player to play dirty which they did.

^^This^^ Furman always thought bear taught his player to play dirty which they did.

There was a time in which he did, was brutal with it, and got away with all kinds of crap.

Archived