THE ASYLUM

bigbird

In that mag, there is an article titled, "Why Homegrown Food is More Nutritious". They cite research from a 1991 (21 years ago) that found that in 1991 a person would have to eat 3 apples to gain the nutritional value they would have gotten from a single apple 40 years earlier. It also told the percentages of nutritional loss in several other foods. It is due to the methods that industrial farms use to grow foods, and the extreme-hybridized varieties they all grow.

Not all tomatoes and peppers look the same in nature. No fruit or vegetable is meant to be picked green and allowed to ripen in the back of a truck on its way cross-country.

Edited by EagleFlight34

Look at the difference in a chck breast grown on a farm vs one grown without hormone and it should be enough to keep you from eating some things.

One looks like Jose Canseco and one doesn't.........guess which one,lol

Have you ever seen how a chicken raised in the confined, controlled atmosphere of a chicken house reacts when placed in a "free range" setting? They may as well be statues.

I don't eat much chicken anymore because of the way they are raised.

Another note: As you are probably aware, several years ago farmers in AL (and other southern states) started trying to grow corn in cotton country. I am not so happy to report that the corn they are currently growing around here cannot even be killed by roundup. I know it was sprayed no less than 5 times, and volunteer corn plants from last year's crop still came up all over the fields. Now, some will tell you that the majority of corn raised in our area is not for human consumption. They will lead you to believe it is for ethanol use. However, a large portion of the corn grown here is used as feed corn. It is fed to that cattle that makes the beef that Norman was complaining about earlier.

If, "You are what you eat." is true, the cows are the corn, and when we eat the beef, it is all passed along.

The government doesn't want you to ask questions about your food. They don't want to be forced to provide answers to the questions you ask. Fortunately, thanks to the efforts of a growing number of people, progress is being made.

Look at the difference in a chck breast grown on a farm vs one grown without hormone and it should be enough to keep you from eating some things.

One looks like Jose Canseco and one doesn't.........guess which one,lol

Oh wait, wrong Jose. :cool:

What's up Drac, how ya been doin?

Don't lie, I saw where someone said you were a lib dem, I rolled on the floor,spit out the JD and choked on the ceramic...........hilarious. :lmao:

Edited by telling tiger

Don't lie, I saw where someone said you were a lib dem, I rolled on the floor,spit out the JD and choked on the ceramic...........hilarious. :lmao:

I figure if the Dems consider me a Repub and the Repubs consider me a Dem, then I'm about right where I want to be. :)

It was great. Hiking, mountain biking, fishing...Colorado has such an active society, it's no wonder they lead the nation in least obese states. I had a lot of fun.

No,the nights were full and one day was also. Just three days and it was a full and fast trip. Kids are doing great and they ate Berklee up and it did them. We werre invited back to do another seminar in Nov. Have to figure that out in their schedule. will work it out though. Nice to put on their resume and they learned alot from it too. School full of eager talented students,amazing talents.