My final post, Im fed up with the negativity on this sight, granted its just a few making it bad for everyone....i will refrain from my true feelings about certain folks...Tigerbelle, u are awesome! right attitude, real fan...wareeagle or whatever you call yourself, have at it, u can post whatever u want....(u can anyway) but I will not post my feelings about u....This team was picked to come in last....dead last....they have overachieved to this point..they have dominated who they were supposed to dominate. if u haven't noticed SEC is by far the most dominate conference in D1 baseball.....we have struggled because of errors....Auburn leads in batting avg, 3rd in ERA and but dead last in defense....that in lies the problem. Im so sick of hearing time for a new coach..are you freaking kidding me? CJP is a top notch recruiter, true alot head to pro ball before heading here, but do u want the recruiting to go after less rated players.?  of course not...u hope that a few make it. Also, no matter how its done, making Hoover 3 years in a row is quite a good accomplishment. Again, whether you chose to admit it or not, AU is still completely behind the 8-ball with scholarships....11  thats it...no breaks for out of state players, no extra scholarships..nothing..nada...zilch....so while Vandy gets 11 scholarships...they get out of state players with financial breaks and may end up with 14 or 15 kids on scholarship or financial break...so we are competing with schools who can field 14 to 15 players on some sort of scholarship or financial break...  and yet we still compete..maybe not enough to some of your standards...but give it time....this team within 5 years will be a national powerhouse...and CJP will get you there....I hope that maybe some of you will still be posting..but i.m sure will still    whining because of a decision the coaches make or an costly error that a kid makes

Missed the part where people weren't allowed to express opinions on a message board. I disagree with your opinion about our coach and our team. I'm not going to whine and yell about it though. Going around multiple threads telling people you're leaving seems more like an attention ploy than someone who is really fed up "negativity".

Hate it when anyone leaves because we all lend something to the conversation. I don`t agree with every post; and I am sure not everyone agrees with some of mine. But it is an open forum where we as Auburn fans can discuss Auburn things. Hope you will reconsider but this board will live on. Take a step back and see what does go on here. WDE man and be safe and well.

My final post, Im fed up with the negativity on this sight, granted its just a few making it bad for everyone....i will refrain from my true feelings about certain folks...Tigerbelle, u are awesome! right attitude, real fan...wareeagle or whatever you call yourself, have at it, u can post whatever u want....(u can anyway) but I will not post my feelings about u....This team was picked to come in last....dead last....they have overachieved to this point..they have dominated who they were supposed to dominate. if u haven't noticed SEC is by far the most dominate conference in D1 baseball.....we have struggled because of errors....Auburn leads in batting avg, 3rd in ERA and but dead last in defense....that in lies the problem. Im so sick of hearing time for a new coach..are you freaking kidding me? CJP is a top notch recruiter, true alot head to pro ball before heading here, but do u want the recruiting to go after less rated players.?   of course not...u hope that a few make it. Also, no matter how its done, making Hoover 3 years in a row is quite a good accomplishment. Again, whether you chose to admit it or not, AU is still completely behind the 8-ball with scholarships....11  thats it...no breaks for out of state players, no extra scholarships..nothing..nada...zilch....so while Vandy gets 11 scholarships...they get out of state players with financial breaks and may end up with 14 or 15 kids on scholarship or financial break...so we are competing with schools who can field 14 to 15 players on some sort of scholarship or financial break...  and yet we still compete..maybe not enough to some of your standards...but give it time....this team within 5 years will be a national powerhouse...and CJP will get you there....I hope that maybe some of you will still be posting..but i.m sure will still    whining because of a decision the coaches make or an costly error that a kid makes

gvtAu.gif

well ... i agree with the OP on on two primary topics in his dissertation ...

(1) i do not believe it is time for CJP to go.  i think every coach deserves at least 5 years to fully have his grip on the team.  after that, then let the debate begin.

(2) errors, errors, errors ... i am glad we have done well offensively (base running mistakes and pickoffs/caught stealing aside - that has been an issue), but i have been told that errors should be one of the easiest things to correct during the course of a season and fielding may be the easiest of all of the baseball related skills (which are admittedly difficult).  i only know of one entity responsible for making sure the players can field a grounder and throw a man out - the coaches.

should be like in the movie "major league" ... those guys should be taking grounders off their bodies until they are black and blue ... very black and blue. (heck maybe they are, but something aint sticking come game time).

Archived