Recruits

Great news....pretty soon we will have enough players to actually conduct a practice.  Can't wait.

Great news....pretty soon we will have enough players to actually conduct a practice.  Can't wait.

New crop coming in - let's hope they put down some solid roots and flourish in a year or two.

On Twitter, Brian Greene sounds really excited to be an Auburn Tiger.  WDE!

Found a pic of him from back in his High School days.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-1F17YpfGVGkKhWpBC6InPK3aTMjgPt59-doUj2-IZMdnZfgP

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Apparently Jordan Granger had to ride a bus from Missouri to Auburn.  7 passengers on the bus were Updykes, apparently this reaffirmed to Granger that he made the right choice in becoming an Auburn Tiger. 

Isn't this the d-bag that landed Megan Fox????  To the extreme, I rock a mic like vandal, light up the stage, I wax a chump like a candle, ICE ICE BABY!!!!

Isn't this the d-bag that landed Megan Fox????  To the extreme, I rock a mic like vandal, light up the stage, I wax a chump like a candle, ICE ICE BABY!!!!

you will have FOREVER, used your precious 1000th AE post (because it IS such a monumental and precious momemnt) to quote vanilla ice ... you should hide in shame ...

you will have FOREVER, used your precious 1000th AE post (because it IS such a monumental and precious momemnt) to quote vanilla ice ... you should hide in shame ...

or keep singing....either one, your choice.

or keep singing....either one, your choice.

I am never ashamed to quote Vanilla Ice!  You have to respect the guy for what he did.  Plus, he builds a pretty nice house!

In an ironic twist of fate, I actually met Vanilla Ice Saturday backstage at a festival in Gulfport, MS. I'm not a ashamed to a admit it was pretty cool. I was 17 when he busted out big. Good times! Of note, he frickin rocked it in front of about 20K this weekend and of course everybody knew the words. Ha! Ok sorry, now back to our regularly scheduled AU programming.  ;D

In an ironic twist of fate, I actually met Vanilla Ice Saturday backstage at a festival in Gulfport, MS. I'm not a ashamed to a admit it was pretty cool. I was 17 when he busted out big. Good times! Of note, he frickin rocked it in front of about 20K this weekend and of course everybody knew the words. Ha! Ok sorry, now back to our regularly scheduled AU programming.  ;D

I met him too, well over a decade ago.  Backstage after his concert at Club la Vela during college Spring Break.  He invited a very attractive, female friend of mine backstage and she didn't want to go by herself, so she got me to go with her.  Man, I was expecting off the wall craziness, booze, drugs, loud music, clothing optional type stuff...I got back there and it was 5 or 6 dudes sitting around watching V.I. sign autographs for a line of ugly women in their 40s.  I went and looked in the fridge and there was nothing but bottled water...apparently he was just out of rehab and off the sauce.  I was so disappointed.

Now back to AU bball chat. 

• 4 weeks later...

We now lead for Greene's 7 ft IMG teammate, Jordan Dickerson. He has one more visit to SMU (the great Larry Brown is the new coach there) Let's hope he doesn't like the Dallas area.

So JHokansin posted something about how crazy it would be if Barbee brought in like 8 recruits. I know we have some room on the roster with all the attrition, but can you sign 8 in one class? And would he be meaning recruits to play this year or for 2013?

So JHokansin posted something about how crazy it would be if Barbee brought in like 8 recruits. I know we have some room on the roster with all the attrition, but can you sign 8 in one class? And would he be meaning recruits to play this year or for 2013?

There was a 5/8 rule--where you could not sign more than 5 in one class or 8 over two classes. But they must've realized how unrealistic that was when so many kids leave--or are asked to leave--for various reasons.

This rule was changed and as far as I know there are no limitations anymore. Obviously, you wouldn't want to make a habit of that kind of turnover, but it has to happen from time to time.

Seems like the last class Lebo signed (the one that included Allen Payne and Adrian Forbes) was like 6 players.

WDE!

He is talking about if we bring in Jordan Dickerson and Markus Kennedy. That would put us one over and we would have some more "attrition".

He is talking about if we bring in Jordan Dickerson and Markus Kennedy. That would put us one over and we would have some more "attrition".

Gotcha, thank you.

Gotcha, thank you.

Keep in mind, that N. Johnson's status is uncertain. Sounds like he could be fine, but clearly he's on thin ice. Plus, there had been some talk on some boards about Harrell (UVA transfer) paying his own way while he sits out this season. If that's the case, we'd be right at 13.

Quite honestly, with only 5 returnees, I don't think anyone is expendable. But if the coaches feel its best for someone to move on, then I trust their judgement.

WDE!

Gotcha, thank you.

Keep in mind, that N. Johnson's status is uncertain. Sounds like he could be fine, but clearly he's on thin ice. Plus, there had been some talk on some boards about Harrell (UVA transfer) paying his own way while he sits out this season. If that's the case, we'd be right at 13.

Quite honestly, with only 5 returnees, I don't think anyone is expendable. But if the coaches feel its best for someone to move on, then I trust their judgement.

WDE!

this coaching staff has always found a way to make room for somebody so i dont worry about that.

Archived