2014 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (Alabama signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

I really think he has shown his hand as he has been to AU 4 or 5 times lately. He won't end up at bammer IMO. UTe would probably run second. I really think CEJ & Co. have done a great job with him. Showing him that PT is there to be had!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think he has shown his hand as he has been to AU 4 or 5 times lately. He won't end up at bammer IMO. UTe would probably run second. I really think CEJ & Co. have done a great job with him. Showing him that PT is there to be had!

Respectfully disagree. I really don't know where he is going but if I was forced to guess right now my guess is Bama.

Respectfully disagree. I really don't know where he is going but if I was forced to guess right now my guess is Bama.

I see vols at 60%, AY at 25% and bama at 15%. Not counting on time on campus as a sign of where a recruit is heading. I agree that this staff is showing him all of the advantages of coming to Auburn.

My sense is that unless Auburn shows significant improvement and a winning record this season, we will not end up with a top ten class. It's great that we are recruiting all these kids but the program has to be back on track before major recruits hitch their future to AU.

My sense is that unless Auburn shows significant improvement and a winning record this season, we will not end up with a top ten class. It's great that we are recruiting all these kids but the program has to be back on track before major recruits hitch their future to AU.

I really am not a recruiting guru as many, I can wait til February...but even after a 3-9 season AU landed a rivals top ten class

Well after reading his comments at the NFTC thingy in Buford I am disagreeing with myself. He seems to really love him some Thigpen. Bryan Matthews is still giving us a slight advantage but who knows. Is he really a take for bammer at this point? Serious question. I would think they have bigger fish. Maybe not.

Normally I would agree but I am not sure a good season will bring in a top class this year. With the media smear Auburn campaign at an all time high it may hurt recruiting.

I really am not a recruiting guru as many, I can wait til February...but even after a 3-9 season AU landed a rivals top ten class

Let's be real. Even though the new staff did an excellent job finishing we would not have gotten super studs like Monty and Carl Lawson if the old staff had not done an excellent job recruiting in their own right. I hope we do have a top class but I would not expect it due to all time negative recruiting as never before and we are way behind on almost all of the 2014 kids in terms of developing a relationship with them and Auburn. I expect the staff to catch up in 2015 and really make some moves.

Well after reading his comments at the NFTC thingy in Buford I am disagreeing with myself. He seems to really love him some Thigpen. Bryan Matthews is still giving us a slight advantage but who knows. Is he really a take for bammer at this point? Serious question. I would think they have bigger fish. Maybe not.

All I know is the offer from Bama is commitable.

Normally I would agree but I am not sure a good season will bring in a top class this year. With the media smear Auburn campaign at an all time high it may hurt recruiting.

Let's be real. Even though the new staff did an excellent job finishing we would not have gotten super studs like Monty and Carl Lawson if the old staff had not done an excellent job recruiting in their own right. I hope we do have a top class but I would not expect it due to all time negative recruiting as never before and we are way behind on almost all of the 2014 kids in terms of developing a relationship with them and Auburn. I expect the staff to catch up in 2015 and really make some moves.

I think all this will blow over, while other coaching staffs will negative recruit, the proof will be in the pudding, no NCAA investigation, I am sure this staff will put together a great class and more importantly will add players that fit the systems that are in place.

The way they operate, does that even mean anything? They may try and take him just to sour the AU relationship, only to dump him if a bigger fish walks late.

The way they operate, does that even mean anything? They may try and take him just to sour the AU relationship, only to dump him if a bigger fish walks late.

With the schollu limits in place they really can't afford outside of RBs.

After coming to Auburn on Friday SDH went to the Nike camp in Atlanta on Saturday and then made another unscheduled stop in Auburn to see our coaches even more.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2299369686001&playerID=634644568001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIMAE~,kKetLjW2WxWxzSKDBsVhEGBzcng6UNxq&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2299369686001&playerID=634644568001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIMAE~,kKetLjW2WxWxzSKDBsVhEGBzcng6UNxq&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Free interview from SDH at the Nike camp on Saturday. Give it a moment to load. Let me know if you can't see it.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macr...,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove....ted_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2299369686001&playerID=634644568001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIMAE~,kKetLjW2WxWxzSKDBsVhEGBzcng6UNxq&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove....ted_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2299369686001&playerID=634644568001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIMAE~,kKetLjW2WxWxzSKDBsVhEGBzcng6UNxq&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...embed></object>

Free interview from SDH at the Nike camp on Saturday. Give it a moment to load. Let me know if you can't see it.

He's bama all the way. His statement "it's a business decision" is the same phrase Reuben Foster used when announcing for bama. Some things never change.

He's bama all the way. His statement "it's a business decision" is the same phrase Reuben Foster used when announcing for bama. Some things never change.

Don't know about that. There are positives for every team. A Bama site got the only pay site interview with him yesterday. He made an unscheduled visit with Auburn yesterday. And UT was the only school where he said he had a different vibe. Also we don't know what business decision means for him yet. It could be opportunity to play early in which case AU and UT have the advantage.

The sad thing is that if it truly were a business decision then the chances of success need to be weighed against chances somewhere else. He is a pied piper preying on young men who don't have the maturity and training to look deeper. Pretty rings and its a business decision will turn a lot of minds. The old saying go where they ain't holds in business just like it does in sports.

Where would Tennessee's class rank now? Haven't they done a pretty good job in light of a new staff and coming off a poor season? Not surejust asking......I believe this staff can reel in a top ten class in year one, based on their recruiting connections alone (garner, craig, horton) they have all recruited the area, have relationships with lots of HS coaches and are selling a great AU program...call me a cockeyed optimist....

Where would Tennessee's class rank now? Haven't they done a pretty good job in light of a new staff and coming off a poor season? Not surejust asking......I believe this staff can reel in a top ten class in year one, based on their recruiting connections alone (garner, craig, horton) they have all recruited the area, have relationships with lots of HS coaches and are selling a great AU program...call me a cockeyed optimist....

Link

Don't know about that. There are positives for every team. A Bama site got the only pay site interview with him yesterday. He made an unscheduled visit with Auburn yesterday. And UT was the only school where he said he had a different vibe. Also we don't know what business decision means for him yet. It could be opportunity to play early in which case AU and UT have the advantage.

You say you think Bama has the lead, but now you're trying to make it sound like we might have the advantage now? What gives?

You say you think Bama has the lead, but now you're trying to make it sound like we might have the advantage now? What gives?

Read closer. I said the Bama pick was a guess. Also that was before I knew he saw the Auburn coaches again last night. The first rule in recruiting is everything is fluid when you are talking about 17-18 year old kids.

I'm not sure how to feel about 23's predictions. After this weekend though I believe he is right about SDH. We will know for sure in a few days.

Archived