2014 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (Alabama signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

Really like the fact he is an EE. Auburn needs to start bringing in more guys early when they can. TBH the team that scares me the most is Tennessee. I think it will either be us or the Vols

Agree...agree...agree...agree.

On him being an EE. It was impressive how many EE's UGA got in their last class.

That is one area I will give Richt credit for. He gets talent every year. If he couldn't he would have been gone by now. How they have managed to stay championship free is amazing and amusing.

I believe we can look for some good news regarding SDH in April. He has really began to put on some muscle since this time last year. He is noticeably bigger than Williams.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW this from KK

@kkolumbo 36m

I've said it for weeks, I truly do not care whether AU gets SD Hamilton in a few weeks. He is a Sam LB and AU only has Mike and Will.

FWIW this from KK

@kkolumbo 36m

I've said it for weeks, I truly do not care whether AU gets SD Hamilton in a few weeks. He is a Sam LB and AU only has Mike and Will.

Saw that to.Many think Tre outta Mobile would be a better fit. Not sure why sdh couldn't make switch. Size,speed?

So now we don't want him? I am confused. I would like to have Hamilton.

Not so much we, just KK but he has had that view for a couple months now.

One has to wonder if given the necessity we have at LB, if Bama/Saban won't take every LB they can just to keep them away from Auburn.

One has to wonder if given the necessity we have at LB, if Bama/Saban won't take every LB they can just to keep them away from Auburn.

LB is a need but we will only take 2 or 3 in this class. With Bama using 4 LBs on the field at the same time as opposed to Auburn using 2 Bama will naturally take more LBs.

It doesn't matter what kind of LB he is. Sam, Mike or Will he can move to whichever one.

It doesn't matter what kind of LB he is. Sam, Mike or Will he can move to whichever one.

We don't have a SAM position anymore and LBs are not automatically interchangable.

We don't have a SAM position anymore and LBs are not automatically interchangable.

And players are not automatically locked based on what they play/played. Example A: LaDarius Owens. Our LBs are learning both positions.

And players are not automatically locked based on what they play/played. Example A: LaDarius Owens. Our LBs are learning both positions.

No they are not and I never implied they were. I am not saying SH does not have the skill set to play Mike or Will. All I am saying is all 3 positions require 3 different skill sets. You can't just plug n play a SAM at Mike or Will. He also has to have the skill set to play those as well. You can't just assume he can the way you are doing. Regardless of whether we get SH or not we will be recruiting less SAM backers under CEJ in the coming years. It has been replaced by the Star position.

SAM traits

MIKE traits

WILL traits

It is also important to note that players grow and develop quite a bit from the age of 18-22 when under proper diet, workouts and training and may not show traits in high school as to what they could be when their body and intelligence are developed at the next level.

It looks like the party is just about over.

#TopFlightMillz@CoreyMillerYFN

@_sdh7: I swear my interests for Tennesse just gets stronger and stronger” come young grasshoppa so we may show you the way! *extends hand*

Shaun Dion Hamilton@_sdh7

@CoreyMillerYFN really feeling it homie

Shaun Dion Hamilton ‏@_sdh72m

I swear my interests for Tennesse just gets stronger and stronger

I think he is just working on some self-induced hype to keep people guessing I don't see him going to the Vols.

Thank you 'Nova! I really thought we were in the catbird's seat with SDH. The UTe stuff startled me but I don't get to see the AL recruits as much so it's hard to get a read.

Free from BMatt

Update: 4-star linebacker Shaun Hamilton from Carver in Montgomery, Ala., is also in Auburn today. He will announce his decision on Wednesday, April 17 at 11:30 a.m. in the Carver auditorium.

Archived