I've been invited to an Auburn practice...

TigerWar

I believe my dad went to one of these events a few years ago with my grandfather who was a former player. I'll see if I can give him a call this evening and report back.

Oh My Gah!!!! I just realized something...I'm going to get to see MELVIN INGRAM...LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!!   :yay: :yay: :yay:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Maybe even Melvin Ray too.  ;D

Heard he was not worth watching... ;D

or an Auburn football team get together. My best friend was a little vague on the description. He just described it as a specific time when all of the former players are invited back to attend a practice or function of some kind and he was invited by a former player and asked me to come along with him. Is anyone familiar with what he's referring to? I know that my mentor, who I've mentioned is a big scholarship donor & suite holder, told me many a times that all of the donors and suite holders were invited to a luncheon by Tubs to hang out with the coaches, but I'm not familiar with what Chizik does if he does anything at all. This might be something totally different giving former players an opportunity to come back and get affiliated with the current state of the program. I'm good friends with former defensive end Quinton Reese, so I'll have to give him a call tomorrow to get the specifics to see if he even got an invitation and what it's about. Either way, I feel blessed to have been invited to whatever the hell it is, but it would be killer to watch a little scrimmage action and be able to rub elbows with the Robin's  ;) of the world.

Weagle Weagle!

TIGERWAR, Quinton lives in my neighborhood. Nice guy. Stop by sometime and I will buy you a beer.

or an Auburn football team get together. My best friend was a little vague on the description. He just described it as a specific time when all of the former players are invited back to attend a practice or function of some kind and he was invited by a former player and asked me to come along with him. Is anyone familiar with what he's referring to? I know that my mentor, who I've mentioned is a big scholarship donor & suite holder, told me many a times that all of the donors and suite holders were invited to a luncheon by Tubs to hang out with the coaches, but I'm not familiar with what Chizik does if he does anything at all. This might be something totally different giving former players an opportunity to come back and get affiliated with the current state of the program. I'm good friends with former defensive end Quinton Reese, so I'll have to give him a call tomorrow to get the specifics to see if he even got an invitation and what it's about. Either way, I feel blessed to have been invited to whatever the hell it is, but it would be killer to watch a little scrimmage action and be able to rub elbows with the Robin's  ;) of the world.

Weagle Weagle!

It is probably similar to what Tubs did.  All of the coaches probably do it close to the same.  My experience with this came when Bowden was coaching.  I got to go with my Dad and a few other boosters on one of their jets to AU.  When we got there Byron Franklin was at the airport in AU waiting on us.  He took us to his restaurant for lunch, which he closed just for us and the coaches. The waiters just started filling the table with everything on the menu (it was awesome for me as a 15 year old).  After lunch we went back with Bowden to his office and they all talked for about 30 minutes before we followed the coaches out to practice.  It was a closed practice in the stadium back in the day when most of the practices were open.  We got to basically follow the coaches around while they were coaching.  Looking back on it, it was a great experience, but it probably would have been better if it was Tuberville or Chizik.  It was pretty awesome to see Bowden suck up and kiss their butts though.

Oh My Gah!!!! I just realized something...I'm going to get to see MELVIN INGRAM...LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!!   :yay: :yay: :yay:

I saw him last night and he's JACKED. He looks like he weighs about 210 or better.

I told him about you also. He wants to meet you too.  :o

I saw him last night and he's JACKED. He looks like he weighs about 210 or better.

What's Melvin benching now? Bench is important.

What's Melvin benching now? Bench is important.

They don't have enough weight.

Greg hangs on one side of of the bar and John Sullen on the other.

Melvin Ingram? Why would an  x-USCe DE be at an Auburn event??? or did you mean Melvin Ray?

Melvin Ingram? Why would an  x-USCe DE be at an Auburn event??? or did you mean Melvin Ray?

Have you not been paying attention? ;)

Maybe even Melvin Ray too.  ;D

I love playing the "dip s***" role...I do it so well.

Thanks for the head's up. It might have been funny had I gotten the name right.  :banghead:  ;D

Weagle Weagle!

TIGERWAR, Quinton lives in my neighborhood. Nice guy. Stop by sometime and I will buy you a beer.

Awesome! Great to hear. Yeah, "Q" is a helluva guy.

Weagle Weagle!

If I stop by will you buy me a beer too? 

I hope you have a great experience. I am sure you will. Two things to remember....stay hydrated. When a really big guy is running at you, run the other way really fast.

Weagle Weagle!

If I stop by will you buy me a beer too?  Be glad to.

Weagle Weagle!

Can I fit in this deal also? I'll have to buy my own beer though.  :wareagle:

Weagle Weagle!

Sure, we'll just make it a "AU Block Party". But you have to bring Kiehl!!! :thumbsup:

Weagle Weagle!

Sure, we'll just make it a "AU Block Party". But you have to bring Kiehl!!! :thumbsup:

And he'll have to bring his own...I mean, uh, he just won't be able to drink. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Tigerwar,

Quinton was one of my best friends throughout college. He was even in my wedding. Tell him that Rasco says hey. Haven't seen him in about 6 years.

practice was one reason i loved terry bowden. he allowed us mere mortals to mingle among practice. i loved it! i loved hearing the kids trash talkin each other. unfortunately the friend i took put a cig butt out on the ground and i made him pick it up and gave him the hallowed ground speech. and i remember wayne hall being pretty funny for a hardass coach. he accused one player of trying to have sex with another player cus " that damn sure is not tackling". and i am saying it politely for the board............

Archived