Alabama Fans' Reaction Towards AU's Current Recruiting

TigerWar

I have never seen my personal Alabama friends more dejected when it comes to recruiting.

Gosh, I would have given anything if a reporter at SEC Media Days had the nads to ask Lord Farquaad how he feels about his top rival Auburn having the recruiting success that they're having, though it was bama that just won the BCS. Can you imagine his reaction!? Dude would have turned red-faced with smoke coming out of his ears and flipped out.

In all seriousness, bammer fans are always quick to talk about recruiting poke their chests out, but lately they have been completely tight lipped about it and walking around with their tail tucked between their legs. I honestly think they're surprised that our coaches are doing what they do.

FYI bammer, we're not going away! We're not going to just 'settle' for this prospect or that prospect at Auburn. We're going after the very best no matter where they're from or who they're committed to. updykes, you might as well get used to the recent recruiting success that's happening on the plains right now because we have a head coach that WILL NOT be out worked!

War Damn Eagle!!!

I honestly don't know that I've ever been more excited about the future of the program in its entirety.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

What's funnier is the way they are reacting to their class. They have a top 7 class but the way the things have gone the past months you would think the sky was falling. It really is hilarious.

I have never seen my personal Alabama friends more dejected when it comes to recruiting.

Gosh, I would have given anything if a reporter at SEC Media Days had the nads to ask Lord Farquaad how he feels about his top rival Auburn having the recruiting success that they're having, though it was bama that just won the BCS. Can you imagine his reaction!? Dude would have turned red-faced with smoke coming out of his ears and flipped out.

In all seriousness, bammer fans are always quick to talk about recruiting poke their chests out, but lately they have been completely tight lipped about it and walking around with their tail tucked between their legs. I honestly think they're surprised that our coaches are doing what they do.

FYI bammer, we're not going away! We're not going to just 'settle' for this prospect or that prospect at Auburn. We're going after the very best no matter where they're from or who they're committed to. updykes, you might as well get used to the recent recruiting success that's happening on the plains right now because we have a head coach that WILL NOT be out worked!

War Damn Eagle!!!

I honestly don't know that I've ever been more excited about the future of the program in its entirety.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Feel the same. At the same time, we need to remember reccruiting is only a small battle in the war. Gotta coaachem, which we r very capable of.

For all their chest beating they are very insecure. They have two NCs in 3 years and still wet their pants over our success. I will say we need to show major progress on the field this year to keep this recruiting class together and keep our other 5* prospects interested enough to eventually commit.

War Eagle !

Guess I will never understand the typical "bammers" fasciniation with all things Auburn....they apparently track every news item about Auburn.....no matter where published and are usually the first to post a response with some snarky comment. 

I'm retired and have plenty of time to cruise the various sports sitess on the internet and am amazed that the smart a**es are everywhere it seems.  They have basically taken the fun out of reading the response posts.

What's with those people? 

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Guess I will never understand the typical "bammers" fasciniation with all things Auburn....they apparently track every news item about Auburn.....no matter where published and are usually the first to post a response with some snarky comment.   

I'm retired and have plenty of time to cruise the various sports sitess on the internet and am amazed that the smart a**es are everywhere it seems.  They have basically taken the fun out of reading the response posts.

A side effect of inbreeding?  :dunno:

:beatmullet:

What's funnier is the way they are reacting to their class. They have a top 7 class but the way the things have gone the past months you would think the sky was falling. It really is hilarious.

Funny thing is they still have plenty of slots to fill and will most likely have a top 5 class. 

Funny thing is they still have plenty of slots to fill and will most likely have a top 5 class. 

A bammer fan can be compared to many rich guys. They have much success but never find happiness. When you get your self esteem and significance from expensive cars, big houses, yachts, etc or in bammers case winning football games or championships, you end up with an empty feeling. And this leads to depression and oftentimes jealousy of what others have that money can't buy and no matter how many championships you win, you still have an empty feeling.

The rich guys can fake it with expensive clothes, drugs and buying even more 'toys' and bammers can puff their chest out and get beligerent and arrogant but again something is missing. They all want something and no matter what they buy or win, they can't catch the carrot at the end of the stick.

The truth of the matter is,Bama fans fear what's goin on at AU. They thought once they got the midget as their coach we would just lay down! They sarcastically celebrated when AU hired Chizik,now they fear him & it's cutting at their skin!  :wareagle::zapbama:

It is a big problem. Hopefully, as the Internet matures they will pass laws that prevent how they abuse it.

They aren't surprised at all with our recruiting success.  We pay for our recruits, don't you know?   :dunno: 

haha yea I live in Texas now and even longhorns and A&M fans say we pay for our recruits. It gets really annoying

If bammers are mad and jealous about our class now just wait and see how bad they will be when they see how we close out this class.

;):wedance:

Many of them have become delusional.  My best friend is a bammer and is furious about their recruiting class.  And it's not even over Foster.  He said this class just doesn't have the pop it needs to after a national title.  I just laugh when I talk to him.  He acts let down, and they just won the SEC and BCS.  The Auburn recruiting train has him really stressing out.   :wareagle:  He talks like their program is going down hill.  He honestly talks like it shouldn't even be a decision for recruits when it come to bama.  He thinks if bama offers then they should commit.  If they don't they are stupid or being bought.  And he's serious. I asked him which is more likely, the school getting the top class each year paying players or the players spreading out to other schools because they actually like another school.  

A side effect of inbreeding?  :dunno:

:beatmullet:

More like crossbreeding.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I read one response that said Auburn had decided to implement Alabama's Pro Style offense.  I guess they are going to take credit for the pro style offense now also. 

Of course they will, don't you know The Bahr created football, and  :devil: perfected it.  What a joke these idiots are.

I work with a few bammers and they don't even talk to me about football right now. When I mention recruiting they hang their heads and try to change the subject. Of course I point that out too, It's not like me to let an opportunity to feed them their own medicine slip by. 

Of course when the season starts they will all be full of themselves as usual. at least until they lose their first game of the season. Then it's all the talk of "we beat ourselves" I don't let that one go either. I have herd so much crap over the years that I'm done walking away and letting it go. There is no better feeling than making a bammer look as stupid as they really are when it comes to their own team. I would be embarrassed to scream War Eagle!, boast my team as the greatest, and not be able to name a hand full of players, who my coaches are other than the head coach, Or even what years we claim NC's.  :zapbama:

They know they rarely beat us when the talented levels are about equal.

It is a big problem. Hopefully, as the Internet matures they will pass laws that prevent how they abuse it.

Yeah, take away those bammers freedom of speech.  Seriously, if you don't like what they have to say, don't read it.  You really want laws governing what you say on a message board?

Many of them have become delusional.  My best friend is a bammer and is furious about their recruiting class.  And it's not even over Foster.  He said this class just doesn't have the pop it needs to after a national title.  I just laugh when I talk to him.  He acts let down, and they just won the SEC and BCS.  The Auburn recruiting train has him really stressing out.   :wareagle:  He talks like their program is going down hill.  He honestly talks like it shouldn't even be a decision for recruits when it come to bama.  He thinks if bama offers then they should commit.  If they don't they are stupid or being bought.  And he's serious. I asked him which is more likely, the school getting the top class each year paying players or the players spreading out to other schools because they actually like another school.  

Nope.

LSU just won the SEC.

I agree with the basic point about Bammers. They are insane. But we had folks on here complaining about last year's Auburn recruiting class, too ....

Yeah, take away those bammers freedom of speech.  Seriously, if you don't like what they have to say, don't read it.  You really want laws governing what you say on a message board?

I was thinking the exact same thing VB.  Let's not go down that slippery slope.  Don't make everyone wear a diaper just because someone craps in their pants.  Take care of those issues separately if they go beyond freedom of speech and violate a law (threats, slander, etc.), but don't take away everyone's freedom of speech just because you don't agree with what someone says.  Because once you lose it, you may not get it back because you have also given that ability away too. sad.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing VB.  Let's not go down that slippery slope.  Don't make everyone wear a diaper just because someone craps in their pants.  Take care of those issues separately if they go beyond freedom of speech and violate a law (threats, slander, etc.), but don't take away everyone's freedom of speech just because you don't agree with what someone says.  Because once you lose it, you may not get it back because you have also given that ability away too. sad.gif

This is gold, Herk! I give it a 10!

This is gold, Herk! I give it a 10!

Good grief, freedom of speech is not without bounds. I was talking about abusive behavior and you want to belittle me as if I am attacking reasonable conversation. When they spew hateful, insulting, dishonest, slanderous insult after hateful, insulting, dishonest, slanderous insult over and over and over like they have on some forums, it is a problem that needs a resolution... and yes, the Internet is behind in laws to address that. If you had of left the post I attached my comment to, that was pretty evident.

I think the Updyke nation is getting very very concerned. The reality that they were wrong about their savior being able to dominate AU is starting to smack them in the face daily and they don't like it. They tried telling themselves it was all Cam. They tried telling themselves we were cheating. They tried telling themselves they have a little midget on an ego trip with a plan that will make everything ok. They try telling themselves Chizik can't coach. All of it is starting to crumble and their little desperate minds are starting to grasp at straws.

Now they seem to think Chizik is on the hot seat at AU for some reason. :laugh:

I see that as their last gasp of desperation before they just resign themselves to Chizik building a powerhouse at AU. They will then just resort to the lowest common denominator of thought and scream cheaters when they have no straws left to grasp. And that is coming.

It just really shows the desperation and lack of intelligence of a large portion of the Updyke clan.

Archived