2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

I can understand that. Wasnt it a leg injury? I can see why that usually kills the deal in most coaches eyes if thats his case

Yes it was.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ellitor is right that the injury is a bigger part than people want to admit. You never want to drop someone for that reason after you accept their committment. Not very good PR. You emphasize that he is not the type of back that we need for our system, which I think is true as well.

I think everyone is alittle quick to write this guy off. I for one hope he signs with Auburn. He is a good back and has stayed true to Auburn during this crappy year and offseason. And once again I have to bring up the fact that many here are hateing on the recruits who have decommited and those who are wavering but here is a guy that has been commited, has not changed his commitment and has not talked bad about Auburn since he commited and now many are almost hopeing he does not come here because we have a shot at higher rated guys. Some of you need a long look in the mirror. With or without an injury we could redshirt him with the backs we already have. And in this offense alot of the backs will get playing time if we run the number of plays Gus wants. I know not everyone here feels badly toward this guy or the recruits wavering but there has been alot of negativity lately. He currenty is commited to play for my beloved Auburn Tigers and I will show him the respect I personally think he deserves until he is no longer with us or he actually does something to warrant some negativity.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with people's opinions or people saying he does not fit our offensive because that may be true but it just seems many are trying to push this guy away as if he is already gone or that it is a foregone conclusion that the coaches will not take him.

I do not think AU will take away his scholly, but would you want to play for someone who is not interested in you? This coaching staff has let it be known that he stock has dropped and they would prefer others over him. In the end he goes somewhere else...

I do not think AU will take away his scholly, but would you want to play for someone who is not interested in you? This coaching staff has let it be known that he stock has dropped and they would prefer others over him. In the end he goes somewhere else...

Agree!

I agree a commitment is a two way street, if Auburn says we offer you a scholy, stick to it regardless .

I too don't think Gus should pull this kid's offer. RS him if necessary.

I think everyone is alittle quick to write this guy off. I for one hope he signs with Auburn. He is a good back and has stayed true to Auburn during this crappy year and offseason. And once again I have to bring up the fact that many here are hateing on the recruits who have decommited and those who are wavering but here is a guy that has been commited, has not changed his commitment and has not talked bad about Auburn since he commited and now many are almost hopeing he does not come here because we have a shot at higher rated guys. Some of you need a long look in the mirror. With or without an injury we could redshirt him with the backs we already have. And in this offense alot of the backs will get playing time if we run the number of plays Gus wants. I know not everyone here feels badly toward this guy or the recruits wavering but there has been alot of negativity lately. He currenty is commited to play for my beloved Auburn Tigers and I will show him the respect I personally think he deserves until he is no longer with us or he actually does something to warrant some negativity.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with people's opinions or people saying he does not fit our offensive because that may be true but it just seems many are trying to push this guy away as if he is already gone or that it is a foregone conclusion that the coaches will not take him.

You do realize that Jordan Wilkins staying committed has more to do with dwindling interest from other schools not because of his love for AU right? He was all happy to start entertaining other coaches and such right when the coaching staff got canned. People have just stopped recruiting him so he has nowhere to go

He still looks like an outstanding running back, good size and speed. I was excited when he committed and still believe he has great potential. From friends in the Memphis area they say he is a quality athlete and kid.

We offered and he accepted. If he comes I say welcome and War Eagle!

You do realize that Jordan Wilkins staying committed has more to do with dwindling interest from other schools not because of his love for AU right? He was all happy to start entertaining other coaches and such right when the coaching staff got canned. People have just stopped recruiting him so he has nowhere to go

Do you honestly think that a guy rated as a high 3 or 4 star recruit has nowhere else to go? That is just crazy. I will agree that some of the interest in him has dropped due to the injury but he would easily find another school to go to if he wanted to. No maybe not one the caliber of Auburn but he could go to a very good school. The point I was trying to make, since it went over your head, is that he is STILL committed and is set to be an Auburn Tiger. And while he may have looked around when the staff was fired, which anyone who does not absolutely love Auburn above all other schools should do, he still CHOSE to be a tiger. For whatever the reasons may be he is committed and I do not agree with fans, regardless of how much insight they may have, talking as though the kid does not belong or that he will or should decommit especially with all the whineing going on lately about commits decommiting and looking around. I think he could play at a high level but my point is that until the coaches or he make the decision to part ways then we should show him some loyalty seeing as he has done the same to Auburn and the coaches and has done it with uncertainty of a coach, now with a coach who may or may not want him and now a growing fan base that is not supporting him. All of you had no problem with him, even with the injury, until Green became a bigger target and possibility.

As far as him not loving Auburn, the fact is a lot of our recruits do not grow up Auburn fans and do not have tremendous love for us until long after they arrive. I love the recruits who grew up Auburn fans but many of them are Alabama fans( brandon cox was one, ect.) many grew up Georgia fans as well. So saying he does not have love Auburn is really a mute point.

He is not the best fit for our offense, he is more of a one cut down hill zone blocking scheme back. That does not mean he can't do well in Gus' system, but he fits other systems better and is coming off of a major knee injury. If he loves Auburn and there is where he wants to be, great. But there is a reason that it seems obvious that he will end up elsewhere.

If he does end up somewhere else then good for him. I will not be made at any recruit for choosing another school because I want my Tigers to want to be here. The point is that as of now he is a tiger to be and we should treat him as such and stop wishing him gone. People on here will be singing a different tune if we do not get Green. Whether we get Green or not who else are we for sure going to fill his spot with that would be a better player, regardless of position. Better question is who will be left out because of keeping him that is a better prospect? We still have about 10 spots to fill in the next 3 weeks and since Gus has taken over all the spots have been Juncos, which if you look at my other post you will know I have no problem with. I think we could fill them but how many would be better than him and who would you want to squeeze into to one spot by kicking out this talented guy? If his injury is so sever that he can not return to his former abilities then I could understand passing him up or if he decides to leave for a different school and offensive system then that is ok with me. But as for now he is still commited and I would be very ashamed of our coaches to keep him this long and then cut him loose weeks before signing day.

Do you honestly think that a guy rated as a high 3 or 4 star recruit has nowhere else to go? That is just crazy. I will agree that some of the interest in him has dropped due to the injury but he would easily find another school to go to if he wanted to. No maybe not one the caliber of Auburn but he could go to a very good school. The point I was trying to make, since it went over your head, is that he is STILL committed and is set to be an Auburn Tiger. And while he may have looked around when the staff was fired, which anyone who does not absolutely love Auburn above all other schools should do, he still CHOSE to be a tiger. For whatever the reasons may be he is committed and I do not agree with fans, regardless of how much insight they may have, talking as though the kid does not belong or that he will or should decommit especially with all the whineing going on lately about commits decommiting and looking around. I think he could play at a high level but my point is that until the coaches or he make the decision to part ways then we should show him some loyalty seeing as he has done the same to Auburn and the coaches and has done it with uncertainty of a coach, now with a coach who may or may not want him and now a growing fan base that is not supporting him. All of you had no problem with him, even with the injury, until Green became a bigger target and possibility.

As far as him not loving Auburn, the fact is a lot of our recruits do not grow up Auburn fans and do not have tremendous love for us until long after they arrive. I love the recruits who grew up Auburn fans but many of them are Alabama fans( brandon cox was one, ect.) many grew up Georgia fans as well. So saying he does not have love Auburn is really a mute point.

Well he did break his leg and tear ligaments. That can affect ability and interest. If he truly wants to come to AU then I'll be happy he gets a scholly but I suspect his stock has dropped a bit.

If he does end up somewhere else then good for him. I will not be made at any recruit for choosing another school because I want my Tigers to want to be here. The point is that as of now he is a tiger to be and we should treat him as such and stop wishing him gone. People on here will be singing a different tune if we do not get Green. Whether we get Green or not who else are we for sure going to fill his spot with that would be a better player, regardless of position. Better question is who will be left out because of keeping him that is a better prospect? We still have about 10 spots to fill in the next 3 weeks and since Gus has taken over all the spots have been Juncos, which if you look at my other post you will know I have no problem with. I think we could fill them but how many would be better than him and who would you want to squeeze into to one spot by kicking out this talented guy? If his injury is so sever that he can not return to his former abilities then I could understand passing him up or if he decides to leave for a different school and offensive system then that is ok with me. But as for now he is still commited and I would be very ashamed of our coaches to keep him this long and then cut him loose weeks before signing day.

Long before Wilkins committed and Green was even that well known outside of the Virginia area where I live, my top two choices for RB were Wilkins and Green. I agree with what you have said in most of your posts. I still like Wilkins and I hope he becomes an Auburn RB.

He still looks like an outstanding running back, good size and speed. I was excited when he committed and still believe he has great potential. From friends in the Memphis area they say he is a quality athlete and kid.

You say he still looks like an outstanding RB. Has anyone really seen him run or perform since the injuries? Maybe he is a step slow now. If he wants to prove himself to Auburn and other schools, maybe JUCO for a year might be a good thing. AU may not be in a position to take too many chances if we have backs rated higher by our staff waiting for an offer. Seems like a double standard. Its OK for Recruits to decommit with the new staff but its not OK for new staff to decommit a recruit.

You say he still looks like an outstanding RB. Has anyone really seen him run or perform since the injuries? Maybe he is a step slow now. If he wants to prove himself to Auburn and other schools, maybe JUCO for a year might be a good thing. AU may not be in a position to take too many chances if we have backs rated higher by our staff waiting for an offer. Seems like a double standard. Its OK for Recruits to decommit with the new staff but its not OK for new staff to decommit a recruit.

Wilkins is to visit Ole Miss 1/18 this weekend. Bryan Mattews thinks Ole Miss will flip him this weekend. Reported earlier that he changed his visit this weekend from Ark to Ole Miss.

I know of a very short coach that in one year changed three scholly offers to grayshirts when players got knee injuries. I'm proud that Auburn understands commitment and has stuck with Wilkins despite the injury, and despite the fact our current coaches didn't recruit him in the first place. I'm a little annoyed that he doesn't seem to appreciate or even notice that. And I have no illusions that he's as attractive a commodity as he was before the injury He may lose nothing, but he could lose some speed and cutting ability.

Wilkins is, at worst, a back similar to Carl Stewart. He could turn out superior to Carl. There's a place for someone with his talent in our offense. As noted above, who is standing in the line waiting to commit and Wilkins is taking up his place? The answer to that is nobody. We can fill up to 13 slots even if every one of our current guys stays committed. There's plenty of room.

My thinking is that if we let this guy slip away it will be a mistake.

Wilkins is, at worst, a back similar to Carl Stewart. He could turn out superior to Carl. There's a place for someone with his talent in our offense. As noted above, who is standing in the line waiting to commit and Wilkins is taking up his place? The answer to that is nobody. We can fill up to 13 slots even if every one of our current guys stays committed. There's plenty of room.

My thinking is that if we let this guy slip away it will be a mistake.

Carl Stewart...now that's a name I haven't thought of in a while! Ol Carl was a pretty good back...I agree with the comparison

I agree a commitment is a two way street, if Auburn says we offer you a scholy, stick to it regardless .

While it's a nice gesture I do not think a COMPLETLY new staff should be bound by that, especially when the player had a serious leg injury.

If Wilkins flips to Ole Miss, I think Barber is ours. In fact, Ole Miss will probably stop recruiting him.

Yeah but don't forget Texas. They just offered Barber and is scheduled to visit there this weekend.

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

My name is mikey, I am a broken record.

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

My name is mikey, I am a broken record.

This site has an ignore feature. Educate yourself on how to use it and be freed from broken records.

Archived