2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

My name is mikey, I am a broken record.

This site has an ignore feature. Educate yourself on how to use it and be freed from broken records.

I LOLed.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Wilkins would be one of the most important addtions in this class IMHO because traditional Gusball requires a guy that's both respected by defenses for running handoffs and for coming out of the backfiled as a (potential) receiver. With the loss of Jovon Robinson we don't clearly have anybody on the roster to fill that critical roll in a Malzahn offense.

Jordan Wilkins would be one of the most important addtions in this class IMHO because traditional Gusball requires a guy that's both respected by defenses for running handoffs and for coming out of the backfiled as a (potential) receiver. With the loss of Jovon Robinson we don't clearly have anybody on the roster to fill that critical roll in a Malzahn offense.

We have 1 signee and 2 potential recruits that do however.

Do we actually know that Mason and Blakely can't serve as effective receivers out of the backfield? I don't think either guy was really given the opportunity last year (in part because of poor scheming, in part because McCalebb was so good in that role). Tough for me to say we don't have guys that can fill that role with the limited opportunities those guys have gotten.

As for Wilkins, if he comes, great. If he doesn't, that's okay. I have little doubt that we'll sign another RB in this class, whether it's Green, Barber, Elder or someone else. We have bigger positional needs, and we have young bodies (Mason and CAP will be the only upperclassmen on the roster).

[quote name=tiger88'

timestamp='1358489237' post='1795687]

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

My name is mikey, I am a broken record.

This site has an ignore feature. Educate yourself on how to use it and be freed from broken records.

Wouldn't dream of it Mikey, you are way too much fun.

(Note to self: Mikey is not open to constructive feedback.)

Do we actually know that Mason and Blakely can't serve as effective receivers out of the backfield? I don't think either guy was really given the opportunity last year (in part because of poor scheming, in part because McCalebb was so good in that role). Tough for me to say we don't have guys that can fill that role with the limited opportunities those guys have gotten.

As for Wilkins, if he comes, great. If he doesn't, that's okay. I have little doubt that we'll sign another RB in this class, whether it's Green, Barber, Elder or someone else. We have bigger positional needs, and we have young bodies (Mason and CAP will be the only upperclassmen on the roster).

I agree with the unknown of Mason and Blakely

This should help Derrick Green with his decision .....

@jordanwilkins2: Decommitted from AU.... Thanks for all the love from the fans but I have to do what's best for me.

I didn't see the other topic on Wilkins otherwise is have wrote that there.

I hope he goes to Vandy I'd like to see them compete for the East over UGA and UF

I'm hoping this means that we've actually got Green on board already.

Likely not what it means. There are 3 RBs at Wilkins RB position that are higher on the coaches board.

Seems like a classy guy. Hope he does well

I really hope he has a great career wherever he goes, unless they plat AU, and then I want him to have 11 great games and a great bowl game, but I hope he doesn't get a positive yard vs AU. WDE

According to our usual suspects, we didn't want him and the new coaches have not contacted him hoping he would do just this and decommit. Seems funny to be casually shucking off a 4* running back with outstanding skills as a receiver. I have a feeling this is our loss.

Oh well, we picked up a 3* saftey today so all is good, right?

Archived