2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

my post may have come off as negative and I am sorry about that there are very many positives about wilkins such as size and speed for his size. His positives greatly outnumber his negatives. I was just giving my opinion of who I believed the best backs were for us.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also had a serious leg injury this past season; broken leg and torn ligament if I recall correctly. Maybe there's uncertainty about his capability to match his highlight reel after rehab from this significant setback in Oct 2012. Just a thought...

I know what you are saying but as of today he is still committed to us and in my thinking the recruits and parents read these message boards. Besides these are good kids making very important, life changing decisions. Not trying to sound snobbish but ....

Until I hear otherwise, I'm thinking if there's any 'passing', Wilkins is passing on Auburn rather than the other way around. Us passing on a back with Wilkins' talent defies logic.

That's your default mindset and it is an incorrect one more times than not.

I don't see any point in saying who is better than who. I understand the reasoning behind it but I do not like berating the young man because he may or may not de-commit. I like any one who signs/commits to Auburn and I think it petty to post anything negative or less than encouraging. This is not just for Jordan Wilkins topic but any commit....

Not knocking the kid. I just believe Gus likes some other back for his system over Wilkins.

Most insiders and mods of pay sites are "high" on a guy when he commits. I do not remember us being partixularly excited for him. No one was expecting him to be the best RB in the class

Until I hear otherwise, I'm thinking if there's any 'passing', Wilkins is passing on Auburn rather than the other way around. Us passing on a back with Wilkins' talent defies logic.

That's your default mindset and it is an incorrect one more times than not.

And that's your opinion, which is correct more or less as much as anybody elses's here, which may be half the time if the stars are aligned in your favor.

Most insiders and mods of pay sites are "high" on a guy when he commits. I do not remember us being partixularly excited for him. No one was expecting him to be the best RB in the class

I think part of that might have been bc everyone was jumping on the GB/DG wagon, when we were on the top of their lists.

Would like to have Wilkins on the Plains. He'll knit together good as new.

And that's your opinion, which is correct more or less as much as anybody elses's here, which may be half the time if the stars are aligned in your favor.

Mikey you literally don't know what you are talking most of the time. To call out E, who has legit connections and does an amazing job crawling through all the beat writers/recruiting gurus information as well is absurd.

If Wilkins was passing on us he would have already jumped ship. He has had people in his house pitching him scholarhsip offers and everything. It is also well known that Auburn has not had significant contact with Wilkins which would indicate either bad recruiting (doubtful) or us passing.

Brad, Wilkins should be thought of in a similar light as Tre Mason's recruitment. Tre Mason was a backup plan who jumped at a late offer from us because he didn't have any top tier SEC options. Quality pickup but not our first choice. Not saying Wilkins won't be good, Tre has been solid, but just that Wilkins is now a backup plan

Mikey you literally don't know what you are talking most of the time. To call out E, who has legit connections and does an amazing job crawling through all the beat writers/recruiting gurus information as well is absurd.

If Wilkins was passing on us he would have already jumped ship. He has had people in his house pitching him scholarhsip offers and everything. It is also well known that Auburn has not had significant contact with Wilkins which would indicate either bad recruiting (doubtful) or us passing.

Brad, Wilkins should be thought of in a similar light as Tre Mason's recruitment. Tre Mason was a backup plan who jumped at a late offer from us because he didn't have any top tier SEC options. Quality pickup but not our first choice. Not saying Wilkins won't be good, Tre has been solid, but just that Wilkins is now a backup plan

Could well be the case. Watched him play last year and was impressed with size and speed. Not quite Jovon speed, but a lot of similarities. Had a bad leg injury late in the season requiring surgery and extensive rehab so I'm not sure if that has had anything to do with our interest either given all the other dynamics in play. Expect him to be a very good back where ever he ends up playing.

When did we pull his offer? If we haven't, he doesn't fall into the category of backup plan. Or, are you saying we'll wait and jerk the offer at the 11th hour like Saban did to a couple of guys last year? The answers to these simple questions should be easy for someone that knows who has been in Wilkins's house and if any of our coaches have called him or not.

Pray for Jordan. I just saw this tweet

@jordanwilkins2

Please pray for my grandma. she has colon cancer and isn't doing so hot. Love y'all

All the best to Jordan and his family at this time.

Just a general comment because I don't know the inside scoop with JW, but we need more big backs.

I agree but I think we need more backs period. Grant and Blakely are still question marks. Those who know more than I think Grant will come into his own under Gus and that's great. Tre cannot shoulder the whole load and an injury or two can leave us hurting. Pretty excited about Cameron (spelling?) though.

Just a general comment because I don't know the inside scoop with JW, but we need more big backs.

I agree but I think we need more backs period. Grant and Blakely are still question marks. Those who know more than I think Grant will come into his own under Gus and that's great. Tre cannot shoulder the whole load and an injury or two can leave us hurting. Pretty excited about Cameron (spelling?) though.

I think CAP will be a good one and JW also fits the bill of that big back that can take a pounding inside. I'll take a bird in the hand any day. I sure hope we get Green too,fingers crossed here. With some big backs to compliment Mason, Blakely and Grant, it will give Gus some great options in his offense and they won't have to take the pounding they normally would.

I think CAP will be a good one and JW also fits the bill of that big back that can take a pounding inside. I'll take a bird in the hand any day. I sure hope we get Green too,fingers crossed here. With some big backs to compliment Mason, Blakely and Grant, it will give Gus some great options in his offense and they won't have to take the pounding they normally would.

Yup. You think JW will sign?

Technically JW's offer has not been pulled. CGM and AU don't operate that way. I'm sure our coaches have had frank conversations with JW (and parents as well I would think). Wilkins will probably keep the Commit tag until he gets interest (offers) from other schools. That school can then brag about stealing one from Auburn. Our staff could even be recommending that JW go JUCO because of his very serious injuries. AU just can't afford to take a lot of chances right now. Great kid. Wish him all the best.

When did we pull his offer? If we haven't, he doesn't fall into the category of backup plan. Or, are you saying we'll wait and jerk the offer at the 11th hour like Saban did to a couple of guys last year? The answers to these simple questions should be easy for someone that knows who has been in Wilkins's house and if any of our coaches have called him or not.

You don't pull a kids offer because you get bad PR like Saban did. You just stop contacting the recruit and let him look around which by all acounts we are doing. Not too many recruits will sign with the team that hasn't even contacted them in the month leading up to NSD when others are begging to get inside your living room.

Unless something recently changed, our new coaching staff has stopped recruiting Wilkins hard and trying to keep him on board. I would bet with 3 former recruiting coordinators on staff now that if this kid was a priority at RB they wouldn't do something that stupid.

Pray for Jordan. I just saw this tweet

@jordanwilkins2

Please pray for my grandma. she has colon cancer and isn't doing so hot. Love y'all

Jordan, I'm praying for your grandmother. I know this is difficult for her and for you. I'll be praying for you, too.

I think if it is up to him, he will. After his injury I just don't have a feel for how much that effects what AU wants. Way back when, before JW committed and Green was even that well known, I said that those 2 were my top 2 choices at RB. I live about 60 miles from where Green plays so I knew about him for awhile. I still hope we get both.

I think if it is up to him, he will. After his injury I just don't have a feel for how much that effects what AU wants. Way back when, before JW committed and Green was even that well known, I said that those 2 were my top 2 choices at RB. I live about 60 miles from where Green plays so I knew about him for awhile. I still hope we get both.

Me too. I'll keep good thoughts. War Eagle

Archived