2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make some good points. My initial point was noone has a bead on what this kid is doing because he has been so quiet. The fact is he is still committed. He has elite speed for his size and is probably our most unappreciated recruit. Why would we quit recruiting JW and recruit Barber? They're both downhill backs and JW is clearly the more talented back. I'm sure the coaches have made plenty of contact with JW during this period. As far as a visit goes, the coaches are scrambling to get recruits in. We're just now getting some news over the last week of visits being set up and we're hearing of new ones daily. It will be interesting to see what happens....

Where do you make these assertions? Forgetting star rankings on sites, Barber is thought of as a very talented back who put up fantastic numbers in high level of competition in Georgia. He put up as high numbers as Jordan Wilkins did in less competition. No they are not identical backs.

No the staff has not had significant contact with Jordan Wilkins and it has been said numerous times. Yes Jordan Wilkins has been incredibly quiet, but that doesn't mean Auburn's AD let's some tidbits slip outside of their public statements. Paysite moderators, Ellitor and a number of other trusted guys who post have stated that Jordan Wilkins is not being heavily recruited by this staff and he is lower down our board at the moment. For us it will not be interesting to see what happens because it is highly unlikely a kid who is not being contacted by his committed school will fulfill his commitment to that school.

If you do not trust the word of people who have legit sources and tidbits from the paysite mods and say they aren't credible, why bother being on a message board? According to you, you won't learn anything and this place will just be a bunch of emoticons separated by false information

You make some good points. My initial point was noone has a bead on what this kid is doing because he has been so quiet. The fact is he is still committed. He has elite speed for his size and is probably our most unappreciated recruit. Why would we quit recruiting JW and recruit Barber? They're both downhill backs and JW is clearly the more talented back. I'm sure the coaches have made plenty of contact with JW during this period. As far as a visit goes, the coaches are scrambling to get recruits in. We're just now getting some news over the last week of visits being set up and we're hearing of new ones daily. It will be interesting to see what happens....

Where do you make these assertions? Forgetting star rankings on sites, Barber is thought of as a very talented back who put up fantastic numbers in high level of competition in Georgia. He put up as high numbers as Jordan Wilkins did in less competition. No they are not identical backs.

No the staff has not had significant contact with Jordan Wilkins and it has been said numerous times. Yes Jordan Wilkins has been incredibly quiet, but that doesn't mean Auburn's AD let's some tidbits slip outside of their public statements. Paysite moderators, Ellitor and a number of other trusted guys who post have stated that Jordan Wilkins is not being heavily recruited by this staff and he is lower down our board at the moment. For us it will not be interesting to see what happens because it is highly unlikely a kid who is not being contacted by his committed school will fulfill his commitment to that school.

If you do not trust the word of people who have legit sources and tidbits from the paysite mods and say they aren't credible, why bother being on a message board? According to you, you won't learn anything and this place will just be a bunch of emoticons separated by false information

Even with pay site reports, moderators, tweet tidbits and opinions of statements this still only exposes us to a small fraction of how the coaches are truly recruiting. There are dynamics that exist we only speculate about. Wilkins has an offer and a commitment. It is just as valid as Liner and Lawson's offer and commitments. Our coaches maybe more active with Wilkins than we assume. The good news is come signing day we will know if the cows come home to the Plains.

The paysites have all mentioned at some point that Jordan Wilkins is not being recruited heavily by this staff and has minimum contact. Unless that has changed recently and the news hasn't broke or you are suggesting that they either A are being fed false information (which in this situation doesn't make sense) or B - making s*** up, Jordan Wilkins is not high on our board. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend for people on this board. Same thing happened last year with the OG from Oxford HS who decided to part ways with AU. People said it was going to happen before but it wasn't public till he decommitted. This kind of stuff is pretty common

Wilkins has an offer and a commitment. It is just as valid as Liner and Lawson's offer and commitments

Wilkins had an offer from and made a commitment to the old staff. The new staff holds no requirement to keep that offer on the table. However, because it is considered taboo for them to come in and blatantly pull an offer, the typical scenario you see is for a new staff to cut contact and let the kid push himself out. When a new staff comes in and no one contacts you immediately and wants to set up visits with you immediately, its time to start looking at other options.

Your last bit about his offer being just as valid as Liner's/Lawson's is pure speculation on your part and based off of nothing factual. We know how valid Liner's, Lawson's, and Foster's offers are because the staff has been fighting tooth-and-nail to get them back on the bus as soon as they hit Auburn. Wilkins' situation is not comparable at all.

Wilkins has an offer and a commitment. It is just as valid as Liner and Lawson's offer and commitments

Wilkins had an offer from and made a commitment to the old staff. The new staff holds no requirement to keep that offer on the table. However, because it is considered taboo for them to come in and blatantly pull an offer, the typical scenario you see is for a new staff to cut contact and let the kid push himself out. When a new staff comes in and no one contacts you immediately and wants to set up visits with you immediately, its time to start looking at other options.

Your last bit about his offer being just as valid as Liner's/Lawson's is pure speculation on your part and based off of nothing factual. We know how valid Liner's, Lawson's, and Foster's offers are because the staff has been fighting tooth-and-nail to get them back on the bus as soon as they hit Auburn. Wilkins' situation is not comparable at all.

I understand your statement. If things appear as your opinion suggests then we are in agreement except you don't known when, if or how the present staff has contacted Wilkins nor do I. The ending statement of "The goods news is that come signing day we will find out if the cows come home to the plains." still is the essence. Wilkins could well be one of the others to not do so but does have an offer. Then your into the area of a committable offer versus a non committable offer.

The paysites have all mentioned at some point that Jordan Wilkins is not being recruited heavily by this staff and has minimum contact. Unless that has changed recently and the news hasn't broke or you are suggesting that they either A are being fed false information (which in this situation doesn't make sense) or B - making s*** up, Jordan Wilkins is not high on our board. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend for people on this board. Same thing happened last year with the OG from Oxford HS who decided to part ways with AU. People said it was going to happen before but it wasn't public till he decommitted. This kind of stuff is pretty common

I have not seen anywhere that Wilkins has decommitted from Auburn. All sites list him as an Auburn committment. No statements have been made that Wilkins offer has been removed. Wilkins could well be toast to this staff and Wilkins could wind up signing with Auburn.

Again, unless the AD is feeding reporters BS (which in this circumstance have no reason to do so), the current staff is not maintaining contact or recruiting Jordan Wilkins. Considering they frequently call other commitments such as ER, JJ, CT, CL and others, it would suggest that he is not in their plans.

How many offers a recruit has is a matter of pride. Getting an offer pulled is a huge embarrassment. It is also very negative for a program to pull a kids offer, especially one that was previously committed. Very messy. Just like Lemond Johnson, we told him he couldn't enroll early which wasn't officially "pulling" his offer but effectively did so because it took away what he wanted. It is all about PR and how a school/coaching staff is perceived because a lot of these players are friends with other recruits.

The point being, if Jordan Wilkins "flips" to another school, it is because Auburn passed on him and not because another school "stole him" from us.

Sadly, over the past few months there have been several threads/days on this recruiting forum when your description is quite accurate.

There are very few people who have insights to the operations of the Auburn AD and with the new staff even less. With AUFamily's summarizing of premium content policy, there just is not enough information to keep the recruiting boards going beyond the superficial. Also, a lot of good posters have decreased their volume or moved to other sites.

There still are a few that are good or get a few bones here and there (I have some friends in the AD/work with the program/or on the team that throw me a bone when I see them) but nothing to constantly feed information to the board. A lot of it you aren't supposed to talk about until it becomes public too

So Jacobs, Jackson and many others in the athletic department is still keeping things hush hush fromthe fans who pumps in in a lot of money into Auburn each and every week during the football season.

So Jacobs, Jackson and many others in the athletic department is still keeping things hush hush fromthe fans who pumps in in a lot of money into Auburn each and every week during the football season.

They are supposed to keep those kinds of things hush hush. Commenting on recruits is an NCAA violation.

I think we still end up with JW we shall see. Don't think taking him is neccisarily settling plus I'm comfortable with our current backfield and I think Gus will utilize Blakely Grant Mason CAP very well.

I think we still end up with JW we shall see. Don't think taking him is neccisarily settling plus I'm comfortable with our current backfield and I think Gus will utilize Blakely Grant Mason CAP very well.

Well Green, Barber, and Corn are priorities over him now so it will be interesting to see. I think we get at least 1 of those 3.

Well Green, Barber, and Corn are priorities over him now so it will be interesting to see. I think we get at least 1 of those 3.

id be happy with any of the 4. Signing day will be fun this year

They are supposed to keep those kinds of things hush hush. Commenting on recruits is an NCAA violation.

While the paysites get information because they are inhouse and told information due to relationships and it benefits the staff (they give our fans the information they want them to have)

there are other insiders who have ins with the program and can feed information. Whether they work in the AD, know someone who does, friends with a coach and so on. With an entirely new football staff and a lot of cleaning house going on, people lost those relationships and won't be able to get inside information as a result. This is just what happens with a new staff. I'm sure we will see new insiders in the upcoming years as a result

Bryan Matthews saying he wouldn't be surprised at all if JW flipped to ole miss.

An opinion shared by many people.

Bryan Matthews saying he wouldn't be surprised at all if JW flipped to ole miss.

Because I believe we get Barber. I have seen him play a few times when I was there to see Lawson. He can play and I believe he has a high ceiling as they put it.

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

The groundwork is laid for insiders to claim, if he flips, that AU's new staff didn't want him anyway. If he turns into an all-SEC back at wherever, I wonder what we'll hear then?

Simple. If he turns out better than other backs who have become a higher priority with the new staff then the coaches made a mistake. And there would be nothing wrong with that.

Im just a little puzzled on this. Hasnt our problem the last couple years been once the high priority recuits made it on campus they didnt wanna work. I think id take my chances with JW wanting to be at Auburn then play the waiting game with some of these other so called higher caliber recuits

Im just a little puzzled on this. Hasnt our problem the last couple years been once the high priority recuits made it on campus they didnt wanna work. I think id take my chances with JW wanting to be at Auburn then play the waiting game with some of these other so called higher caliber recuits

Higher caliber to the public and higher priority to the coaches are 2 completely different things. JW's injury is playing a factor here.

Archived