2013 4* RB Tarean Folston (Notre Dame signee)

ellitor

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Farrell@rivalsmike

that could very well be true, hasn't talked to anyone it seems @t_ry1: @rivalsmike maybe they just don't want to talk to you.

Collapse

8:36 AM - 22 Jan 13 · Details

1. 1h image_normal.jpg Roman Aguilar@rodog1811
    @rivalsmike what's going on with Folston, is ND going to lose him? I think him and GB would be a great 1/2 punch like Bama and Georgia had

I really really want to land this kid. I just feel like he gives us that real speed back threat that makes Gus's offense so dynamic. Flipping both Folston and Bryant would be amazing but I will take Folston of the two

I really really want to land this kid. I just feel like he gives us that real speed back threat that makes Gus's offense so dynamic. Flipping both Folston and Bryant would be amazing but I will take Folston of the two

^^^THIS^^^

As E said above, relating the need for Folston to Wilkin's decommit since they are both running backs is like saying we really needed Danzey at OG because we lost TE Jackson to a decommit. Sure they are both on the OL, but that is where the comparison stops...or should anyway. :-\

So how many running backs do you think we are going to take? You think we land GB or DG?

I think we get DG. I was told he was on campus this weekend

I do not think that is correct.

Quote from Slapthesign with a ND perspective from 1/21

http://slapthesign.com/2013/01/21/notre-dame-daily-recruiting-update-wilson-folsto/

Tarean Folston

Notre Dame commitment Tarean Folston visited Auburn this weekend. In many reports, he has spoken fondly of the visit and the coaching staff. He remains committed to Notre Dame and will make a decision on National Signing Day. Therefore, it appears that he is not really committed to Notre Dame. If a player has to make a decision between two schools then he is not committed to one school or another. He merely has a leader. In this case, Folston’s leader is Notre Dame. But, based on Folston’s comments, Notre Dame should not feel good about their chances with him. If NSD was today, Folston would probably be an Auburn Tiger.

Quote from Slapthesign with a ND perspective from 1/21

http://slapthesign.com/2013/01/21/notre-dame-daily-recruiting-update-wilson-folsto/

Tarean Folston

Notre Dame commitment Tarean Folston visited Auburn this weekend. In many reports, he has spoken fondly of the visit and the coaching staff. He remains committed to Notre Dame and will make a decision on National Signing Day. Therefore, it appears that he is not really committed to Notre Dame. If a player has to make a decision between two schools then he is not committed to one school or another. He merely has a leader. In this case, Folston’s leader is Notre Dame. But, based on Folston’s comments, Notre Dame should not feel good about their chances with him. If NSD was today, Folston would probably be an Auburn Tiger.

Good news.

He could be the feature back at AU when we have no other RBs in this class and we did not sign one last year. He needs to think about that for a second.

" we have no other RBs in this class"...CAP says hi!

He could be the feature back at AU when we have no other RBs in this class and we did not sign one last year. He needs to think about that for a second.

" we have no other RBs in this class"...CAP says hi!

Yep, sorry, I meant HS running backs. A Juco player could have a great first year and adios (Cam, Rudi). We need an all-star HS running back.

Per EDW Twitter today, ND feeling they have him locked up. Insiders?

Not sure yet but They locked up Bryant and he will not visit per reports.

Both are "locked up" or just Bryant? I've got an image in my head of these guys in shackles in some dark, dank room...

I said not sure yet on Folston.

Its looking like we are gonna miss on most of our top rb targets. I wouldnt be surpised to see some names pop up late as backup options.

But bright side is if we miss on these guys that should make us more appealing in 2014 for some of these higher ranked guys when our staff has all season.

But still 2 weeks left for us to get in these kids ears

Article from South Bend Tribune about Tarean's commitment. 1/23

http://www.southbend...0,4330161.story

Quote from listed source:

"Ever since coach (Gus) Malzahn got the job they've been on him, talking to him, and coming by the school," Wilkinson said. "Coach Malzahn came by the school. (Auburn wide receivers) coach (Dameyune) Craig has been on him since they got hired."

Craig was previously the recruiting coordinator at Florida State, where he had built a relationship with Folston while recruiting him for the Seminoles. Wilkinson said Auburn and Florida State are the primary schools that are still recruiting Folston, despite verbally committing to the Irish earlier this month.

Notre Dame recruiting coordinator Tony Alford stopped by Cocoa earlier this week and Wilkinson said he and Folston are on the same page.

"He's still committed to Notre Dame," Wilkinson said.

Folston can seal his commitment on Feb. 6 by signing a national letter of intent.

"I think he went (to Auburn) to just look," Wilkinson said. "It really reaffirmed his decision."

I'm no insider but I still feel pretty good about this kid. I haven't seen any comments directly from him that would make me believe AU is out of the picture. D Green is a long shot and seems to already have his mind made up, G Bryant has pretty much directly rejected us, and Barber has shown little to no interest. Folston on the other hand has been very quiet...which leads me to believe he is giving us consideration. I like our shot with this kid more than the others. Maybe he doesnt want to play second fiddle to Bryant. AU is a lot closer to home and the only SEC school pushing hard for him. I think we get him in the end...

D Green is a long shot and seems to already have his mind made up,

Not according to his Facebook post last night.

Take that post with a grain of salt FWIW

Archived