2013 4* RB Tarean Folston (Notre Dame signee)

ellitor

So what happened with Folston? Sounded good yesterday, then things just died.

not 100% positive but looks like ND sured him up yesterday.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what happened with Folston? Sounded good yesterday, then things just died.

not 100% positive but looks like ND sured him up yesterday.

Crap. :banghead:

These guys are running away from the SEC. I do not wish them well, but I'm not sorry to see them go. Inevitably, these guys will find that the NFL is no easier than the SEC.

These guys are running away from the SEC. I do not wish them well, but I'm not sorry to see them go. Inevitably, these guys will find that the NFL is no easier than the SEC.

JMO but that's kind of an arrogant comment. Hard to blame a smart kid for taking a scholly to ND or MIch. It's not like they are going to some directional school. ND, Mich are very good schools and I expect some of these kids might be looking at life after sports.....contrary to a few of our prospect who give me the impression that they are auctioning themselves off to the highest bidder.

JMO but that's kind of an arrogant comment. Hard to blame a smart kid for taking a scholly to ND or MIch. It's not like they are going to some directional school. ND, Mich are very good schools and I expect some of these kids might be looking at life after sports.....contrary to a few of our prospect who give me the impression that they are auctioning themselves off to the highest bidder.

Easy now with the truth serum...many are totally opposed to its use here.

Amen!!

wde

true dis. To have a free ride to Notre Dame or Michigan for an education AND the doors that will open after graduation...

Auburn can open just as many doors if they will let it. I have found in my professional career that many business leaders know and respect an Auburn degree. It may not carry as much wait in the press or with the common fan, but to those that truly matter it does.

Auburn can open just as many doors if they will let it. I have found in my professional career that many business leaders know and respect an Auburn degree. It may not carry as much wait in the press or with the common fan, but to those that truly matter it does.

As long as they don't count off for spelling. :poke:

I don't mean to be rude. You can do anything with an Auburn degree. But the ND or Michigan degree gives you a whole different level of contacts, generally speaking. In some parts of the economy, contacts from college is way up on the list of paths to wealth.

should be weight :poke:

I don't mean to be rude. You can do anything with an Auburn degree. But the ND or Michigan degree gives you a whole different level of contacts, generally speaking. In some parts of the economy, contacts from college is way up on the list of paths to wealth.

Sadly sometimes people don't realize this until later in the game. ND has a huge network as does Mich. Ours isn't so much, maybe inside Alabama but with the rest of the country not so much as I have found. (maybe they aren't where I am living!) But there are huge ND and Mich groups... Just saying...

Sadly sometimes people don't realize this until later in the game. ND has a huge network as does Mich. Ours isn't so much, maybe inside Alabama but with the rest of the country not so much as I have found. (maybe they aren't where I am living!) But there are huge ND and Mich groups... Just saying...

I greatly appreciate what AU has done for me and I don't undervalue an AU degree I assure you. But as noted above, once you get beyond the state of Alabama, most of the world sees an AU degree to be pretty much the same as Clemson, NC State, Va Tech or whatever.

Still, it's great to be an AUburn Tiger.... and while I have no doubt that Mr. Folston would have enjoyed and valued his time at AU, I understand and respect his decision.

As long as they don't count off for spelling. :poke:

In his defense, he spelled it correctly - he just used the wrong word! :thedeal:

The network that advances your career is the one you build. The only boost I've seen is for a military school degree - ring knockers believe a military bearing is essential for success and run organizations based on that culture. I served on the BoA for an SEC school of business and saw ratings based on average entering GPA, SAT, and staff pages published. If Michigan were in the SEC they would have finished third. Size doesn't necessarily indicate quality.

I agree especially in the South East! I know ND is ND. I just don't see a Mich degree that much if any better than Auburn.

I agree especially in the South East! I know ND is ND. I just don't see a Mich degree that much if any better than Auburn.

Next to an Ivy League degree, Michigan & ND are at the top of Fortune 100 companies wish list. Michigan is an excellent school and their grduates tend to be better qualified than most. I have a best friend who is Sr. VP of Human Resources for a top 100 consumer products company and he has said many time how he targets Michigan grads. And he doesn't think too highly of most SEC schools except Vandy.

And besides the kid is from Florida...and who says he wants to come back to the deep south after football is over? And as for recruiting , looks like this one is over.....so off to Rivals

The difference between the AU network and the Michigan and ND networks is that you have to look harder for the AU network, because they aren't so loud and obnoxious. The AU network has served me VERY well here in Kansas and I've served it well right back. I'd MUCH rather be part of it than any of the blow hard, "years of tradition" schools.

From an average student standpoint, it is significantly more advantageous to go to schools like Michigan and ND where nearly every fortune 500 company in the region as well as nationally recruits out of and considers them a "desired recruiting ground" Auburn outside of the big 4 consulting firms barely pulls anyone in. We have a hard time getting Coca Cola to recruit from AU and they are just over an hour away.

Our job/intern/recruiting expos typically are a joke and almost no one ever posts anything worth mentioning in our career center.

It isn't like that at places like UM/ND

Well damn, we should just shut the whole thing down. An AU degree is no good and you can't get a job with one except for four firms and Chick-fil-a. (I know O'Mac works there)

:drippingsarcasm7pa::drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

My family has a contracting business in Atlanta. I run into Architects and Engineers with AU degrees everyday! In some areas of town AU folks outnumber thUGA and TECH fans. At a Red Light last week there were 7 cars in the turn lane. 4 of them had AU stickers on them. They were also the nicest cars in the line by the way. There may be some who show AU no love in the business world but it's pretty thick with AU folks in my neck of the GA woods.

Archived