Simple Things (Some Call Them Little Things)

guerra aguila

Penalties: Defensively I think Corey Lemonier should be credited with Effort of The YEAR. H jumps offsides at the most crucial times... but that does not take away from his effort. He strives to do great things.

BVG: His energy on the sideline is a bright spot for Auburn. Hes amazing. The kids respond to his methods, and its showing on the field. They are getting better. It would help that the offense move the ball in the second half with some decent play calling.

Turnovers: Cant win many games against SEC opponents with turnovers. Blakelys fumble inside the 10 after a 19 yard run really hurt. Auburn could have gone up 35-14 with that score.

Im glad this team is learning, I they think they will embrace it.

Penalties hurt my feelings every time. But we have not improved one bit. They always come at the worst of times.

Lets talk TOP= TIME OF POSSESSION.

After Blakely's fumble, we gave up. Simply put. I disagree with this logic. Many coaches in the past will bench their RS freshman tailback for a simple fumble. I say grow some balls, and give it to him again. Let him know that you trust him.

Naaah, lets pull the plug and blow a two touchdown lead.

This message was to inspire good, and I think did for the most part.

LSU has two projected first round draft picks at DE, and they are nasty.

If we find a way to put them in a hole at home... we need to finish the deal. IMO

Here is how we do it.

-- Cut down Turnovers - 9 turnovers in three games wont help a lot of teams.

-- Establish drives and sustain time of possession, even if you dont score, move the ball and punt it deep in their territory.

-- Erase penalties, Auburn could be a very good football team if this problem goes away.

-- Home Crowd advantage... we are 26-3 in the last 30 night games in JHS

Last but not least... OPPORTUNITY... we have wasted it completely. When it knocks... we must answer.

Nothing fancy... but I think its a start at home. If we win a few of these categories, we can win this game.

Archived