Thoughts on Kheil's performance from people at the game?

hutchids

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing is, Wallace was declared the 3rd string QB a week or two before the season. That means that his snaps in practice were drastically reduced. I would guess he took more snaps tonight with the first string than he did all week in practice. Who knows how much of the offense he knows, or whether he can make better throws that Khiel. It's nice to think the backups are better than the starter, but they are backups for a reason.

Fantastic game by the defense. If we had any semblance of an offense we could have won the game. KF is still not getting it. But I am so proud of the way the defense stepped it up.. At least we are not Arkansas.

Only thing is, Wallace was declared the 3rd string QB a week or two before the season. That means that his snaps in practice were drastically reduced. I would guess he took more snaps tonight with the first string than he did all week in practice. Who knows how much of the offense he knows, or whether he can make better throws that Khiel. It's nice to think the backups are better than the starter, but they are backups for a reason.

Coaches said that Wallace might know this offense better than any QB we have. He is just young. They have said that he is extremely intelligent.

I like Wallace running a lot more than Frazier. Wallace runs a lot smoother and harder. I was all for Frazier winning the job but I didn't have a clue he had "major" accuracy problems. The pass to omac WIDE open and a Fg wins that game.

He doesn't have major accuracy problems. He made some great throws. He made some not great throws.

He hasnt been terrible accurate all year... just saying... especially down field...

I like Wallace running a lot more than Frazier. Wallace runs a lot smoother and harder. I was all for Frazier winning the job but I didn't have a clue he had "major" accuracy problems. The pass to omac WIDE open and a Fg wins that game.

He doesn't have major accuracy problems. He made some great throws. He made some not great throws.

What games have you been watching? If you think he doesn't have "major" accuracy problems. Do you see some of the catches Lutz and Blake have made? Did you see how open Blake was on the last pass thrown to him? Did you see that swing pass overthrown in the 3rd qtr? Did you see the first interception? Or the second?

Waaaaaaayyyyyyy too conservative on offense.

I don't think you have much of a choice. KF is playing his heart out, but hes not ready to make the big plays. If your field general isn't prepared to make the precision bombs down field or pass into tight coverage then your options are somewhat limited.

Coaches said that Wallace might know this offense better than any QB we have. He is just young. They have said that he is extremely intelligent.

If that is the case.. then by all means let him be the starter.. he will only get better with the playing time.

He hasnt been terrible accurate all year... just saying... especially down field...

Like the throw that went through Coates' hands?

Absolutely on. He did great before the pressure was on, after it was not so much. Hurts. Take away one or two mistakes (the first missed catch (not on him)) for instance, and we win. I don't question if he's an amazing QB, i wonder if he's ready for the SEC.

(this was a response to tigerrules on pg1, not sure why it was split into two separate posts)

What games have you been watching? If you think he doesn't have "major" accuracy problems. Do you see some of the catches Lutz and Blake have made? Did you see how open Blake was on the last pass thrown to him? Did you see that swing pass overthrown in the 3rd qtr? Did you see the first interception? Or the second?

Agreed. He is NOT accurate at all.

If that is the case.. then by all means let him be the starter.. he will only get better with the playing time.

Sure, because our fan base has shown they are very patient with new starters and giving them time to develop.... Just sayin....

Mixed bag. Blocking sucked a lot tonight. He held the ball too long several times. Had some nice throws. Still just not quite there but I see flashes of hope.

I thought the offensive line played lights out tonight. The only sacks were a result of Frazier holding onto the ball all day.

Mixed bag. Blocking sucked a lot tonight. He held the ball too long several times. Had some nice throws. Still just not quite there but I see flashes of hope.

I thought the offensive line played lights out tonight. The only sacks were a result of Frazier holding onto the ball all day.

Pretty good pass blocking. Not so much with run blocking.

i just dont think hes mentally ready for the game

hes got the tools, but if his head isnt right it just wont make a difference

i dont know if hes salvageable at this point, cause honestly had Sammie caught that deep ball the game is probably all Auburn and he plays lights out(who knows but it would have been huge)

he makes 1 pass and his numbers are already decent, he makes that pass the LSU safeties have to play deep etc

so many things attributed to one dropped pass. I hate it for him because hes a great talent.

Sure, because our fan base has shown they are very patient with new starters and giving them time to develop.... Just sayin....

It's just the nature of the beast. What big time college football fanbase is patient?

Saw lots of bad throws tonight. Several of the receptions were due to good catches on the receiver's part. How many high throws over open receivers tonight? Some day soon the game will slow down for KF and he will set the plains on fire! I just hope it's very soon.

WAR EAGLE ANYWAYS!

Why did it seem like everytime we were third n long we ran? Is that not directly on the QB? He did very well at first, but after at first decides the game. We had it, and lost it.

Listening to the post-game show re: Wallace - I don't remember who said it (Ben Leard?), but they said he has that "it" factor, is always in the film room and doing what he needs to to improve, that his packages are built on what he ran in high school (zone read), and that he had earned PT. If so, burn that redshirt and get him on the field. Hopefully things will slow down more for KF and I hope everyone keeps Driskell / Fla in mind (he is night / day better this year after having SUCKED last year). WDE!

Like the throw that went through Coates' hands?

Yeah, that was turrible, to quote Auburn alum Sir Charles. That hurt as much as the quan play. However turrible that drop was, it is safe to say that most of frazier's throw are, let's just say not that close to the receivers hands. That one was nice. Let's see him be that accurate twice in one game. Not trying to diss him, but I hope he can make two great throws in one game this season. So far he doesnt have two all season :(

Doesn't have anything to do with the fanbase or what we think.. it has to do with a QB who is said to be intelligent and knows the offense better than any of the other QBs. Is that true? I have no idea but if it is.. they should be playing him.

Archived