Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Had a Terrapin Hopsecutioner for the first time in a while. Too malty.

In and around Atlanta, it is sometimes the only decent beer available at a non-beer centric place, so in that situation I will drink it and not complain. But I'll never choose it at the store or over any number of other IPAs. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heppy Friday, all. What are we getting into this weekend? I know Refuge has some Angel's Envy on deck...

Driving to Huntsville tomorrow for soccer. 

Flying to Waukesha Sunday for work. Let's see how much Spotted Cow I can put away while I'm up there... 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Driving to Huntsville tomorrow for soccer. 

Flying to Waukesha Sunday for work. Let's see how much Spotted Cow I can put away while I'm up there... 

I bet you can't drink more than 12. (If I'm going to drink New Glarus vicariously through you, I'm going to push for quantity.)

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yes! Angel’s Envy, stout from local brewery, Breakfast Stout, various fridge turds that have survived the winter. Practicing for Lafayette and NOLA next weekend.

Oh damn, that's next weekend? Looking very forward to that report.

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heppy Friday, all. What are we getting into this weekend? I know Refuge has some Angel's Envy on deck...

Getting all the way back down into the 40s this weekend.

May consider this my last chance for a fire (thank God we put the fireplace out on the porch), and

May open (not like they'll rot or anything) and taste the scotches left for me by the Mardi Gras horde (a Skye called Talisker Storm, and an Islay by the name of Ardbeg).

May your days be merry and bright.

23 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Getting all the way back down into the 40s this weekend.

May consider this my last chance for a fire (thank God we put the fireplace out on the porch), and

May open (not like they'll rot or anything) and taste the scotches left for me by the Mardi Gras horde (a Skye called Talisker Storm, and an Islay by the name of Ardbeg).

May your days be merry and bright.

Eager to hear your thoughts. The Ardberg in particular might be an excellent accompaniment, or at least worthy adversary to your unfiltered Camels.

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have attempted to temper my excitement. It now bubbleth over. 

"Bubbleth!"- E. Murphy, Delirious

I know the opinion on teku glasses tend to be a bit mixed in the craft community, but they just look so got danged cool. At $3.50, I wasn't turning two of them down. 

svREaoZ.jpg

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

I know the opinion on teku glasses tend to be a bit mixed in the craft community, but they just look so got danged cool. At $3.50, I wasn't turning two of them down. 

svREaoZ.jpg

I love teku glasses. I just never use them because I’m afraid of breaking them and I have cats who like to live dangerously on my couch side table. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I love teku glasses. I just never use them because I’m afraid of breaking them and I have cats who like to live dangerously on my couch side table. 

Know that feel. My 9 month old that loves to grab whatever daddy's drinking. Feels good on her gums, I imagine. 

crK2TAI.jpg

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That beer has gotten pretty good reviews locally.

Didn’t do a whole lot for me. I’m pretty particular when it comes to stouts. If it has a metallic taste, which a lot of them do, I’m instantly turned off. Usually comes with the thin ones.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Didn’t do a whole lot for me. I’m pretty particular when it comes to stouts. If it has a metallic taste, which a lot of them do, I’m instantly turned off. Usually comes with the thin ones.

I completely understand. I think that’s why I tend to lean towards the BBA stouts myself.

I guess I was more referencing that it’s getting decent reviews for being an Abita product. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I completely understand. I think that’s why I tend to lean towards the BBA stouts myself.

I guess I was more referencing that it’s getting decent reviews for being an Abita product. 

You would think 8% would come with some body and viscosity, but nope. 

Have you tried the new Abita take on the NEIPA style?

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You would think 8% would come with some body and viscosity, but nope. 

Have you tried the new Abita take on the NEIPA style?

That does sound a bit disappointing

I haven’t. They are playing catch up big time...and are being met with a bit of the stank eye. There is so much good beer coming out of south LA right now that Abita is all but forgotten. Strange how that works. They went from literally the only craft brewery in LA to snubbed in a matter of 5 years.

ETA- I assume you are referring to Hop On?

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That does sound a bit disappointing

I haven’t. They are playing catch up big time...and are being met with a bit of the stank eye. There is so much good beer coming out of south LA right now that Abita is all but forgotten. Strange how that works. They went from literally the only craft brewery in LA to snubbed in a matter of 5 years.

ETA- I assume you are referring to Hop On?

Yes, Hop On. Couldn’t remember the name. 

Ooof I’m hurting today. Wife’s bday and celebrating AU’s share of the SEC. 

Was drinking the new Lagunitas’ Sumpin’ Easy. 5.7%, I believe it’s an APA...at least it tasted like one. And some bourbon cocktail which is what did me in. 

Gonna go die now. 

28 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ooof I’m hurting today. Wife’s bday and celebrating AU’s share of the SEC. 

Was drinking the new Lagunitas’ Sumpin’ Easy. 5.7%, I believe it’s an APA...at least it tasted like one. And some bourbon cocktail which is what did me in. 

Gonna go die now. 

I know your pain. I get to go hop on a plane in a few hours though. *blech*

Archived