Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Founders has FINALLY arrived here. It’s sad that I get excited about that, but it’s the state of craft beer here. It is what it is. I’ll support by consuming my share.

Picked up a sixer of Azacca and a 4 pack of Breakfast Stout yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Foinfers...

No idea why but this autocorrect fail has me rolling. 

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Founders has FINALLY arrived here. It’s sad that I get excited about that, but it’s the state of craft beer here. It is what it is. I’ll support by consuming my share.

Nothing sad about that. They are one of the top breweries in the country. And they do several things well.

That Breakfast Stout is killer. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nothing sad about that. They are one of the top breweries in the country. And they do several things well.

That Breakfast Stout is killer. 

Heartily agree. Backwoods Bastard is one of my all time favorites.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Heartily agree. Backwoods Bastard is one of my all time favorites.

I'm so stoked it's available year round now. 

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

KBS drops soon...

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

KBS drops soon...

I'm not sure if I ever tried it last year. Need to this year.

Wifey and I were inspired by the Backwoods Bastard conversation last night. My head hurts. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not sure if I ever tried it last year. Need to this year.

Wifey and I were inspired by the Backwoods Bastard conversation last night. My head hurts. 

It was killer last year.

Still gleaning from the leavings of my Mardi Gras horde.

Has Arrogant Bastard Ale been discussed here? Solid, competent, probably wouldn't travel long distances for it, but will go to again whenever it's left in my cooler.

Bottle literature, however, is a bit, um,

Arrogant ["You're not Worthy...You probably won't like it...It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or the sophistication...etc."]

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Still gleaning from the leavings of my Mardi Gras horde.

Has Arrogant Bastard Ale been discussed here? Solid, competent, probably wouldn't travel long distances for it, but will go to again whenever it's left in my cooler.

Bottle literature, however, is a bit, um,

Arrogant ["You're not Worthy...You probably won't like it...It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or the sophistication...etc."]

Tried this one very early on in my explorations of craft beer. It was so incredibly abrasive at the time, but I grew to like it quite a bit. Haven't had one in a long time, though. As you said, not really a destination beer for me anymore. But I do have a sentimental fondness for it. Even the literature, which I'm pretty sure is a put-on. I think...

Gotta love beer left over from a party. Hope you had a great Mardi Gras.

11 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Any thoughts on Jai Alai or Lagunitas Kronik? Both are available here, but I haven’t tried either. 

Jai Alai is excellent. Can't comment on Kronik. 

12 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Any thoughts on Jai Alai or Lagunitas Kronik? Both are available here, but I haven’t tried either. 

Jai Alai is legit, CCB is now owned in some roundabout way by Oskar Blues. Hoping their beer starts popping up in more places. It’s in Nashville, but not in Memphis(of course). 

Haven’t heard of Kronik, but like almost all Lagunitas I’m sure it’s a quality brew packed with hops.

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Jai Alai is legit, CCB is now owned in some roundabout way by Oskar Blues. Hoping their beer starts popping up in more places. It’s in Nashville, but not in Memphis(of course). 

Haven’t heard of Kronik, but like almost all Lagunitas I’m sure it’s a quality brew packed with hops.

The Kronik is labeled as “Censored”. That might ring a bell. 

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

CCB has always been way better at making beer than actually putting it in peoples hands. They even had to cancel/re-work Hunahpu's Day, IIRC. Oskar Blues should definitely help with the distro. Good news for all.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Tried this one very early on in my explorations of craft beer. It was so incredibly abrasive at the time, but I grew to like it quite a bit. Haven't had one in a long time, though. As you said, not really a destination beer for me anymore. But I do have a sentimental fondness for it. Even the literature, which I'm pretty sure is a put-on. I think...

Gotta love beer left over from a party. Hope you had a great Mardi Gras.

If I've ever had a bad one, I don't remember it.

Archived