Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

No. Have you ever done so?

Would not recommend. Both are awesome on their own. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Would not recommend. Both are awesome on their own. 

Have not tried the Hopslam yet.  Historically speaking, you are correct. The Snake Handler is delicious. 

Being the aficionado Shocks is, I suspect the photo misled. Could be wrong. 

Introduced my dad to Hopslam just now, watching Auburn take an 19 point lead into the half. CeCe insists on having a conversation with him. 

He loves it. 

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Introduced my dad to Hopslam just now, watching Auburn take an 19 point lead into the half. CeCe insists on having a conversation with him. 

He loves it. 

I gotta find some of that stuff....

On 1/27/2018 at 10:55 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Just finished the Mississippi Blues half marathon in the cold rain. At the beer trailer, everyone was waiting on Mic Ultra. Right beside it is a table full of freshly poured Devil’s Harvest APA.

Ding. Ding. It’s on.

Congrats! I ran the inaugural Mercedes half in Bham. 2 of the full marathoners beat me :/

Not sure if topical here (involving neither best nor worst), but a major-magazine economic editor finds:

Craft beer is the strangest, happiest economic story in America

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/craft-beer-is-the-strangest-happiest-economic-story-in-america/ar-AAuT9DP?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=mailsignout

37 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not sure if topical here (involving neither best nor worst), but a major-magazine economic editor finds:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/craft-beer-is-the-strangest-happiest-economic-story-in-america/ar-AAuT9DP?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=mailsignout

Happily welcome all craft beer news and write ups. 

44 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Happily welcome all craft beer news and write ups. 

Seems to have become an "all things booze" thread. Maybe a good sign that we haven't needed more than one?

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Congrats! I ran the inaugural Mercedes half in Bham. 2 of the full marathoners beat me :/

This. 

Literally, my only goal was to beat the marathoners. I did so. However, it was an interesting feeling that last mile...feeling "chased". Not a good thing when I went into this race severely under trained. Cramps....O.M.G. And Jackson is one hilly mofo. 

Popped one of the last bottles of one of the beers I brewed for my wedding to celebrate moving into our new house. Coffee stout. It... uh... well... I've had worse at crap brewpubs....

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Had a(several) B Shugga(s) last night. Damn, that beer is waaaaaay to easy to drink at 10%. My headache confirms that.

I killed a 6er of Hopslam the other night. My brain did not like that the following day. 

Btw, if you have not tried Angel's Envy finished Rye, I can't recommend it enough. Finished in rum casks, and easily the smoothest Rye I have ever tasted. The finish leaves the taste of gingerbread on your tongue, or if you grew up in the 90s - this stuff: 81xCwxwhVUL._AC_UL320_SR202,320_.jpg

Seriously good though. 

I gotta admit, I’m not sure what to think about the Sips series that PB just released. Not that I could get my hands on them up here. It appears that it’s a base IPA on top of fruit? At what point is it just a cocktail? 

6E7671A2-A1C5-4C12-8B23-ECA8FE867F8F.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I gotta admit, I’m not sure what to think about the Sips series that PB just released. Not that I could get my hands on them up here. It appears that it’s a base IPA on top of fruit? At what point is it just a cocktail? 

6E7671A2-A1C5-4C12-8B23-ECA8FE867F8F.jpeg

I go back and forth on fruited beers. Sometimes you feel like it's not *really* beer, but sometimes when it's right, it's *really* right. 

Scofflaw's POG Basement (evidently POG is a fruit juice blend that is popular on the west coast and in Hawaii- passion fruit, orange and guava) is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And one of the 3 beers I've ever brewed was a mango wit that actually turned out pretty great. I thought I was just making it for the chicks and non-craft beer drinkers at my wedding, but it was quite honestly a perfect beer for Sarasota in late April and a beer that I would pay decent money for.

Sidebar: My wife and I spent a couple extra days down there after the wedding. The single most relaxing day of my life was not the day after the wedding, but the day after that. No family, no friends, no dog. Just the two of us, laying on the beach drinking that mango wit (and champagne) all day. We actually pulled our chaises down to the water at sunset and laid there "in" the water to watch it.

Sorry. 

Archived