Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

-Urban South- Anything they make. Their Holy Roller IPA is fantastic.

-Parish- Their one off stuff seems to be brewery only(mostly their Sips line right now). They recently started canning. Envie was getting crushed(not in a good way). Lots of folks saying they changed something in this batch. 

-Gnarley Barley- I think they just released another batch of Jucifer IPA. I haven’t had it yet, but I’ve heard good things.

I’m headed south tomorrow. Lafayette for a day then NOLA for three days. If I see anything that jumps out, I’ll holler.

I’ve had the Holy Roller. It was good. Though I think I liked Hopatoulas(sp?) from NOLA better. I think I also tried their Amber which was fair for an amber. 

Hate to hear that about Envie. It’s always been so solid in bottles. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Avery Maharaja perhaps? 

probably my favorite DIPA

btw, was just in Colorado for a few days. Had our fair share of Odell's and Melvin. We had a late flight out of Denver yesterday, so wife and I toured Great Divide and then visited a newer brewery called Woods Boss. They had a really delicious hazy IPA called the Oswald. Also had another IPA called Rock the F*** On by Untappd - very good as well. 

58 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve had the Holy Roller. It was good. Though I think I liked Hopatoulas(sp?) from NOLA better. I think I also tried their Amber which was fair for an amber. 

Hate to hear that about Envie. It’s always been so solid in bottles. 

Hopitoulas ....dammit I forget about that one. That is a super solid delivery from NOLA. On the Envie, I think they were concerned with the canning. Bottles are still rocking.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

probably my favorite DIPA

btw, was just in Colorado for a few days. Had our fair share of Odell's and Melvin. We had a late flight out of Denver yesterday, so wife and I toured Great Divide and then visited a newer brewery called Woods Boss. They had a really delicious hazy IPA called the Oswald. Also had another IPA called Rock the F*** On by Untappd - very good as well. 

Woods Boss is getting heavy hype from the Colorado beer Facebook group I’m on. 

Also Melvin is taking some serious heat lately stemming from one of their brewers/owners groping a bartender. Check their Facebook page for more info. 

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Trying this for the first time...

9114AEB0-A5D2-4391-B18D-D70BD546AFDE.jpeg

8DCFBAF8-1F9E-42D3-8014-92BDC2AC2D32.gif

Back in town from Wisconsin now, but one of the culture shocks while up there was how much of this stuff they had remaining in stores. We can't keep it on the shelves here. They had stacks of it.

@McLoofus I managed to put away 14 Spotted Cow to get past the number you set. Brought a 12 pack back with me and introduced my dad to it in thanks for snagging me from the airport so Catherine didn't have to pack the car full of sleepy children at 9pm. 

25 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Back in town from Wisconsin now, but one of the culture shocks while up there was how much of this stuff they had remaining in stores. We can't keep it on the shelves here. They had stacks of it.

@McLoofus I managed to put away 14 Spotted Cow to get past the number you set. Brought a 12 pack back with me and introduced my dad to it in thanks for snagging me from the airport so Catherine didn't have to pack the car full of sleepy children at 9pm. 

Good looking out, fam! Sounds like a great trip. And now your dad is going to be mad at you for introducing him to Wisconsin crack.

NOLA...daily log...AD 2018...I didn’t make it to Parleaux. 

I did, however, make it to Frenchman St for the first time. My. Lord.

Drank a bunch of Envie and Holy Roller. Went to the Apple Barrel bar and listened to some KILLER music...

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

NOLA...daily log...AD 2018...I didn’t make it to Parleaux. 

I did, however, make it to Frenchman St for the first time. My. Lord.

Drank a bunch of Envie and Holy Roller. Went to the Apple Barrel bar and listened to some KILLER music...

Apple Barrel is a top 10 bar in the world for me. Maybe top 5. When my future wife took me to Frenchman for the first time, I think maybe it was the first time I thought of her as a potential future wife. If you go back, Adolfo's upstairs is a great little restaurant. Possibly a good date spot when you go back with the missus.

I trust your friends are enjoying themselves?

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Apple Barrel is a top 10 bar in the world for me. Maybe top 5. When my future wife took me to Frenchman for the first time, I think maybe it was the first time I thought of her as a potential future wife. If you go back, Adolfo's upstairs is a great little restaurant. Possibly a good date spot when you go back with the missus.

Dudley noted on Adolfo’s!

Everyone was blown away by the trip. Including me. The whole thing was awesome!

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

It was never in doubt.

Best wishes that things turn around for all your livers soon.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I'm coming, Nell? or

am I, again, missing something?

5 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I'm coming, Nell? or

am I again, missing something?

I used to just spell it "the Mrs.", but then I've seen it spelled "missus". It certainly can't be spelled "misses".

The wife.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I used to just spell it "the Mrs.", but then I've seen it spelled "missus". It certainly can't be spelled "misses".

The wife.

Sorry.

Failing to be cute, using an overly obscure reference:

OU3igpe.jpg

I was telling a customer how much I wanted to try this about 2 months ago. Well, she remembered and saved me a can that she had shipped up here. 

The hype is real. Absolutely delicious. So much citrus. 

SQCeQBM.jpg

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was telling a customer how much I wanted to try this about 2 months ago. Well, she remembered and saved me a can that she had shipped up here. 

The hype is real. Absolutely delicious. So much citrus. 

SQCeQBM.jpg

Great beer, but honestly didn't drink it that much in Atlanta. Would be more than happy for it to replace some of the local IPAs in Hilton Head, though. 

If you can get your hands on CCB's Automatic pale ale, though... my goodness. Magic stuff. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Great beer, but honestly didn't drink it that much in Atlanta. Would be more than happy for it to replace some of the local IPAs in Hilton Head, though. 

If you can get your hands on CCB's Automatic pale ale, though... my goodness. Magic stuff. 

I’ll be in ATL later in the Summer, assuming it’s not a seasonal and they get distribution, I’ll keep an eye out for it. 

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ll be in ATL later in the Summer, assuming it’s not a seasonal and they get distribution, I’ll keep an eye out for it. 

Limited distro last I checked, but try it if you see it. 

Let me know if you need other recs while there.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Limited distro last I checked, but try it if you see it. 

Let me know if you need other recs while there.

I probably will for lunch spots. We’re going to see Phish for 3 days at Verizon Amphitheater, so time will be limited until 3 when we start tailgating. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I probably will for lunch spots. We’re going to see Phish for 3 days at Verizon Amphitheater, so time will be limited until 3 when we start tailgating. 

NICE

Just now, McLoofus said:

NICE

Ale Yeah! will probably be the best place for beer, I assume? I wasn’t all that impressed with Hop City ATL the one time I went. Don’t really remember much about Green’s or Tower. 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

last time I saw Phish there we got this: 

Not the best audio quality...or the best cover for that matter. 7 or 8 beers in it sounded pretty damn good at the time though. Totally unexpected.

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

last time I saw Phish there we got this: 

Not the best audio quality...or the best cover for that matter. 7 or 8 beers in it sounded pretty damn good at the time though. Totally unexpected.

I was there also. It’s one of my favorite Phish, and all time favorite concert experiences. The energy was insane. Fishman didn’t do too bad of a job on the vocals either. 

Archived