Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

CCB has always been way better at making beer than actually putting it in peoples hands. They even had to cancel/re-work Hunahpu's Day, IIRC. Oskar Blues should definitely help with the distro. Good news for all.

Yeah, Hunahpu’s day a few years back almost had a riot. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty lit right about now after that beat down of the turds. I was sucking Xocoveza down like water. 

9 hours ago, AuburnSoldier said:

After spending all winter chasing rare stouts, I’m starting to enjoy IPAs again. 

B529F4CE-B47C-48E8-8771-2ED84E75024D.jpeg

Deschutes is such a good brewery. OG (I first had their stuff in the late 90s) and still doing new and interesting stuff. My wife was out that way for work and ended up going there twice. She brought a bunch back. It's this weird sentimental favorite of ours. 

42 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hope you stay afloat, @Tiger Refuge. Looks like it's pouring there. 

Thanks bud. We have gotten it pretty good the last 18 hours. Right at 5", which isn't too bad except we were pretty much bankfull already. The river is up and it's gonna keep on rising. The good news for me is, this happens today....our local brewery releases the first canned edition of their stout....mmmmm

Image may contain: text

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks bud. We have gotten it pretty good the last 18 hours. Right at 5", which isn't too bad except we were pretty much bankfull already. The river is up and it's gonna keep on rising. The good news for me is, this happens today....our local brewery releases the first canned edition of their stout....mmmmm

Image may contain: text

Awesome can. Is this their first canned anything? I could easily see them going the same-design-different-colors route for their different beers, at least at first.

Going to be picking up a local milk stout today if my spot has it. We need more great stouts in that 5.5-7.5ish% range. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Awesome can. Is this their first canned anything? I could easily see them going the same-design-different-colors route for their different beers, at least at first.

Going to be picking up a local milk stout today if my spot has it. We need more great stouts in that 5.5-7.5ish% range. 

They have been canning for a little over a year now. The usuals...blonde, amber, IPA. This, however, is their most popular beer. Everyone has been begging them to can it. They recently released a scholarship beer for ULM. It's a really good beer too.

Image may contain: drink and outdoor

21 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

They have been canning for a little over a year now. The usuals...blonde, amber, IPA. This, however, is their most popular beer. Everyone has been begging them to can it. They recently released a scholarship beer for ULM. It's a really good beer too.

Image may contain: drink and outdoor

Turning beer into education. No joke, that's some next level ish.

Having a Hazy Little Thing with lunch. I agree with @ShocksMyBrain's assessment. Great workday lunch beer, though.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Turning beer into education. No joke, that's some next level ish.

Having a Hazy Little Thing with lunch. I agree with @ShocksMyBrain's assessment. Great workday lunch beer, though.

Great minds think alike...having an Azacca with lunch. Interesting beer.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Great minds think alike...having an Azacca with lunch. Interesting beer.

Nice! Cheers.

I feel like I had that one but I can't remember my tasting notes if I did :/

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! Cheers.

I feel like I had that one but I can't remember my tasting notes if I did :/

Cheers!

I like it. It’s definitley a change from the hazefest that’s being so strong. Seems to be hitting nicely on the tropical fruit notes and a bit of bitter grapefruit. Not so much on the citrus. 

A4091593-4895-4F3E-9507-FDBC695D1FB7.png

As usual, you guys were right. Jai Alai is legit. 

I don’t think I’m going to find any Snake Handler in San Antonio, but there is some Hopslam in town. That and Big Bad Baptist are next on my list. 

Just now, AuburnSoldier said:

...Hopslam in town....

Surprised it hangs around that long anywhere. It’s a gone in hours type deal here. 

15 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

As usual, you guys were right. Jai Alai is legit. 

I don’t think I’m going to find any Snake Handler in San Antonio, but there is some Hopslam in town. That and Big Bad Baptist are next on my list. 

Buy both. BBB is great. 

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Surprised it hangs around that long anywhere. It’s a gone in hours type deal here. 

It’s lingered around here for a while. I think they upped the production. It’s gotten to a point where I have to hand sell it. I think we got 4 cases, we got 2 last year. 

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Buy both. BBB is great. 

My usual beer store has Son of a Baptist in cans. I found a taproom with BBB and Triple Barrel BBB. Now I just need to get my wife to drive me there. 

Can’t remember if I shared this. Definitely scratches the NEIPA itch better than SN Hazy Little Thing. And you all know my feelings on New Belgium. For me to laud them on anything other than Lips of Faith is unheard of. Hits that pillowy, velvet mouthfeel on the palate, which is what I absolutely love about NEIPAs. Good hop flavor with low IBU(42). 

Yes, it’s no Treehouse, Bearded Iris, Weldwerks, Parish etc...but widely available and works in a pinch.

j36LaZX.jpg

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Uber it brohamilton. 

I swear by it now. Wish more people would take advantage. DUIs and such should be a thing of the past. 

Speaking of which, I'm flying up to Waukesha for some training next week. Going to Uber every bar in that city. 

On 2/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, AUDub said:

I swear by it now. Wish more people would take advantage. DUIs and such should be a thing of the past. 

Speaking of which, I'm flying up to Waukesha for some training next week. Going to Uber every bar in that city. 

It costs ~$60 round trip for us to get downtown and back. 40 minute drive each way. I will happily pay that any day of the week than 10 grand on a DUI charge.

In addition to the cost, I would lose my job and any hope getting a job in the beer industry going forward. Plus losing license, community service, DUI classes, etc.

Archived