Fire Chizik thread (merged)

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in one year

I think it's been going on for longer than that, we are now seeing it in full effect.

Who do we go and get? Please dont post the usual pipe dream, pie in the sky, choices. i.e. Gruden, Cower, etc. Who do we go after? Remember we just went through several options last year looking for an OC and ended with CSL, so we might have to realize that the best in the nation might not be knocking down our doors to work here. I feel that we have deep enough pockets to get whomever we want and the fact that whoever comes in inherits a ton of talent at least on paper so what do we do? I feel that after the tweet from Dee today we probably hold on to most of these top recruits if we make the decision quickly and give the new HC the time necessary to put out the wildfires before the dead period. That would mean making a decision within a week or two after the season and hiring coordinatiors quickly to calm everyone down while they can communicate. Frankly I am at a loss as to how this team is this underwhelming. Even when we seem to be clicking, we dont seem dangerous on either side of the ball. So the question is who do we go after? What style of offense do you want to see? How can we retain the quality recruiting class we have amassed so far? Or, should we just eat our hat this year and give this staff another year if there are no better options available? Thoughts?

Well Mullen is out of the question due to the whole cam scandal. Just because Freeze beat us doesn't make him a proven coach to me. I don't know who we can get that's a known great coach

Honestly, who wouldn't beat us right now. I hate the sarcasm, but honestly who?

The next three weeks should answer that question. If only we had Kentucky on the schedule we could answer that question for sure.

Fire Chizik huh?

Am I happy with things this year? Heck no. That includes the coaching staff. However, I also understand that we are very young and our QB prospects just have not panned out for whatever reason. However, I refuse to bail on Chizik that quickly and I refuse to listen to rhetoric that Cam made Chizik, thus CGC does not deserve much credit for 2010. Sorry, but Chizik is responsible for convincing Cam to come to AU, so he deserves the credit. However, if this youth does not show improvement next year, after having a year of experience under their belt, you will see me at least starting to question CGC's direction for this team.

If we fire CGC two years removed from a NC, who does these people think will take the job, especially after such a dismal season? Let's look at our last two coaches:

CTT was there for ten seasons, went undefeated once, 11-2 another season, had only two losing seasons, and went 85-40 while at AU...and we forced him to resign. Not saying if that was right or wrong, just stating facts.

Okay, with CGC I am going to predict a 4-8 season this year, his first losing season in 4 years at AU. That will have him 34-18 in four seasons, including three bowl wins and our first NC in 50 years. So, we fire him now also?

That means in 14 seasons, we have only had two coaches, each with undefeated seasons and an overall winning record...119-58 combined (67% win percentage, that is 2 wins out of every 3 games). Sorry, but I know many, many programs that would take that. Does that mean we have to settle for that? No. However, I also don't think that means we need to fire a coach two years removed from winning a NC just because he is having his first losing year at AU.

There is never a good reason to go 4-8 at Auburn, ever. Especially 2 years after a MNC. If Chizik is retained the damage will continue thru next season . This guy has lost the team and will not be able to get themm back. Wholesale change is necessary, if not tell me what recruits would want to come to this dumpster fire, esp. if Chizik is retained next year only to be fire after another poor season? Recruiting fodder. Time to cut our losses

I love the TCU coach honestly, or the Iowa State coach has done a lot with that team.

Ohio State's ex coach may be looking for work

I doubt Rhoads wants to clean up CCG mess for a second time.

Who do we go and get? Please dont post the usual pipe dream, pie in the sky, choices. i.e. Gruden, Cower, etc. Who do we go after? Remember we just went through several options last year looking for an OC and ended with CSL, so we might have to realize that the best in the nation might not be knocking down our doors to work here. I feel that we have deep enough pockets to get whomever we want and the fact that whoever comes in inherits a ton of talent at least on paper so what do we do? I feel that after the tweet from Dee today we probably hold on to most of these top recruits if we make the decision quickly and give the new HC the time necessary to put out the wildfires before the dead period. That would mean making a decision within a week or two after the season and hiring coordinatiors quickly to calm everyone down while they can communicate. Frankly I am at a loss as to how this team is this underwhelming. Even when we seem to be clicking, we dont seem dangerous on either side of the ball. So the question is who do we go after? What style of offense do you want to see? How can we retain the quality recruiting class we have amassed so far? Or, should we just eat our hat this year and give this staff another year if there are no better options available? Thoughts?

1. Willie Thaggart - UWK

2. Gary Anderson - Utah State

3. Charlie Strong- UL

Fire Chizik huh?

Am I happy with things this year? Heck no. That includes the coaching staff. However, I also understand that we are very young and our QB prospects just have not panned out for whatever reason. However, I refuse to bail on Chizik that quickly and I refuse to listen to rhetoric that Cam made Chizik, thus CGC does not deserve much credit for 2010. Sorry, but Chizik is responsible for convincing Cam to come to AU, so he deserves the credit. However, if this youth does not show improvement next year, after having a year of experience under their belt, you will see me at least starting to question CGC's direction for this team.

If we fire CGC two years removed from a NC, who does these people think will take the job, especially after such a dismal season? Let's look at our last two coaches:

CTT was there for ten seasons, went undefeated once, 11-2 another season, had only two losing seasons, and went 85-40 while at AU...and we forced him to resign. Not saying if that was right or wrong, just stating facts.

Okay, with CGC I am going to predict a 4-8 season this year, his first losing season in 4 years at AU. That will have him 34-18 in four seasons, including three bowl wins and our first NC in 50 years. So, we fire him now also?

That means in 14 seasons, we have only had two coaches, each with undefeated seasons and an overall winning record...119-58 combined (67% win percentage, that is 2 wins out of every 3 games). Sorry, but I know many, many programs that would take that. Does that mean we have to settle for that? No. However, I also don't think that means we need to fire a coach two years removed from winning a NC just because he is having his first losing year at AU.

Yep, that's a pretty good summary.

Fire him because it has become clear that he is a joke as a head coach. Fire him because we made absolutely 0 progress as a football team last year and it's even worse this year. Fire him because we are not competitive with Ole Miss. Fire him because Louisiana Monroe is shaking their heads in embarassment right now. Fire him because a team with loads of talent can't find their hindquarters with both hands and a flashlight. Fire him because he hired Loeffler. Fire him because he kept Ted Roof for three years. Fire him because- are you serious that you think we will win 4 games this year? Yes, because of all that. Fire him.

Does it really matter who we hire? Anybody would be better than this!

Sad....but so true. so so so so true. I could have coached this team to 1 win....

Fire Chizik huh?

Yep, that's a pretty good summary.

Fire him because it has become clear that he is a joke as a head coach. Fire him because we made absolutely 0 progress as a football team last year and it's even worse this year. Fire him because we are not competitive with Ole Miss. Fire him because Louisiana Monroe is shaking their heads in embarassment right now. Fire him because a team with loads of talent can't find their hindquarters with both hands and a flashlight. Fire him because he hired Loeffler. Fire him because he kept Ted Roof for three years. Fire him because- are you serious that you think we will win 4 games this year? Yes, because of all that. Fire him.

PS

If its not clear that Cam Newton won that NC almost entirely by himself then you're not paying attention

1. Willie Thaggart - UWK

2. Gary Anderson - Utah State

3. Charlie Strong- UL

Do any of those names get everyone excited about the future of AU football? Charlie Stong is tops of this short list for me but even he doesnt get me excited about what he can do.

Yes it does. Jay Jacobs is perfectly capable of hiring someone worse.

wde

Look, I think Gene is a nice man, A very good man. But firing him will not put him in poverty. He will get 7 million on top of his contract. He will find a job as a DC if he wants one. Maybe even a head coach in the Big Ten. He will not be on the corner begging for food.

Being a Christian is a great thing. But it does not make you smart. Gene could not handle having a real genius on his staff and he has gone back to his roots in coaching. Time has passed him by. Time to bring in a real football mind as head coach.

I say, Malzahn first, then Petrino.

Yes it does. Jay Jacobs is perfectly capable of hiring someone worse.

wde

Watch him fire Chiz and make Loeffler the interim!!

Sad....but so true. so so so so true. I could have coached this team to 1 win....

That might be true but the AU family will demand a strong replacement for CGC. I am just curious who we think that we can go and get. The lengthy and seemingly unsuccessful search for an OC and to a lesser degree DC made me a little leery that our beloved team might not be a destination job.

That might be true but the AU family will demand a strong replacement for CGC. I am just curious who we think that we can go and get. The lengthy and seemingly unsuccessful search for an OC and to a lesser degree DC made me a little leery that our beloved team might not be a destination job.

I think BVG is a terrific defensive coach who has gotten himself caught up in a bad case of diarrhea. The Chizzer has been losing this team, I think, for weeks now and a defensive coordinator cannot be expected to stem the tide. Chiz has this thing so wrapped around the axle that no coordinator has a chance to be successful at this point

Please... Not another frustrated defensive coordinator that thinks he can run the offense. Hire an offensive genius and let him hire a good DC and let them do their job.

Malzahn is a veteran, proven coach. He is meticulous. The players respect him. Heck, they are in awe of him. He knows our assistant coaches and who can do the job and who can't.

The best things in college football are the HUNH ran by an imaginative coach and the "amoeba" defense. The Falcons run the amoeba a lot and they look a lot better than they did under Van Gorder. If we are serious we are not going after losers like Charlie Strong or unknowns that the kids will not respect. Bring back the Gus Bus!

I think BVG is a terrific defensive coach who has gotten himself caught up in a bad case of diarrhea. The Chizzer has been losing this team, I think, for weeks now and a defensive coordinator cannot be expected to stem the tide. Chiz has this thing so wrapped around the axle that no coordinator has a chance to be successful at this point

+1

Archived