Bring Tuberville Back!

bikeriderga

CTT is a good man and good coach and he would never come back to Auburn with the current administration in place (JJ). Nor should we want him to come back.

Having said that.. congrats to him on a huge win yesterday for his program. Wish him nothing but the best.

100% agree...I always wish him the best but he was mistreated at Auburn in 2003 and that can never be repaired or forgotten.

What a short attention span...

Didn't he always try sitting on too slim a lead.... and wasn't he rather poor in recruiting (lacking).... and seems he definitely would/could hire the wrong OC .... and never would TT assume or own any blame or failure, overwhelmingly to a fault ... ... and wasn't his "Riverboat Gambler" label , earned for doing that which a smart man wouldn't...

... and then ...

there were those coach (er'duck) hunting trips to Arkansas.

When Tuberville was here, he always played it close to the vest. Remember? he hardly EVER ran up the score on anyone. Even against uaT. We'd get a small lead and he would sit on the ball with a bunch of running plays as the clock ran down.

You could insert Pat Dye's name to that also. Just saying. I saw it many times with both. With both it cost's us some wins.

I've always been a Tuberville fan too, and I'm glad to see him having a good year at Tech. I know he was unfairly criticized by a lot of fans down there who were still sore over the Leach situation, but hes bringing in good recruits and Tech will be on the rise in the Big12 these next few years.

I personally think Tuberville is too good for TexTech, and I hope he can land himself a better job sometime in the future.

What if he landed at Arkansas next year? :no:

This is what I'm afraid of happening.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Congrats to Coach Tubs on a great win yesterday.

When Tuberville was here, he always played it close to the vest. Remember? he hardly EVER ran up the score on anyone. Even against uaT. We'd get a small lead and he would sit on the ball with a bunch of running plays as the clock ran down.

He didn't win by enough that really your complaint dang Chiz can't beat anybody Id take Chiz right now hands Down

What a short attention span...

Didn't he always try sitting on too slim a lead.... and wasn't he rather poor in recruiting (lacking).... and seems he definitely would/could hire the wrong OC .... and never would TT assume or own any blame or failure, overwhelmingly to a fault ... ... and wasn't his "Riverboat Gambler" label , earned for doing that which a smart man wouldn't...

... and then ...

there were those coach (er'duck) hunting trips to Arkansas.

a lot of people here with selective memory...

Look at Coach Tubs record at Auburn. Besides Pat Dye, he had the best overall record of any long term coach (5 years or more).

Sure, we had some down years, but none like this year. I would much rather have Coach Tubs on the sideline than what we are seeing fielded now.

This year could absolutely ruin at least two and perhaps three seniors NFL career chances. I am speaking specifically of Lutz, Blake, and OMac.

Feel so sorry for them. They have given Auburn their all and this is the thanks they have gotten for it.

Look at Coach Tubs record at Auburn. Besides Pat Dye, he had the best overall record of any long term coach (5 years or more).

Sure, we had some down years, but none like this year. I would much rather have Coach Tubs on the sideline than what we are seeing fielded now.

This year could absolutely ruin at least two and perhaps three seniors NFL career chances. I am speaking specifically of Lutz, Blake, and OMac.

Feel so sorry for them. They have given Auburn their all and this is the thanks they have gotten for it.

Please stop. Mike Shula would also be better than we are now but we don't want him either.

While Tubs was a much better coach than Chizik, Tubs deserved to be fired in 2008. He was as tired of AU as AU was tired of him and he absolutely was not capable of or willing to compete with Saban in recruiting. I want a new AD (not Jacobs and his mini-me moron Tim Jackson) to hire a competent football coach that can also recruit so that we can be at least competitive in the SEC.

wde

Archived