Muslim Extremism and the Death of Van Gogh

DKW 86

From an e-mail, widely dispersed...

5. Jihad Watch: Murder of Theo Van Gogh & the Decline of the West

Theo van Gogh was murdered in Amsterdam on Tuesday. His attacker was a Dutch Moroccan who wore traditional Islamic clothing. After shooting van Gogh, he stabbed him repeatedly, slit his throat with a butcher knife, and left a note containing verses from the Qur'an on the body. Said Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende: "Nothing is known about the motive" of the killer. :blink:

Really? Eight weeks ago, van Gogh's film "Submission" aired on Dutch TV. The brainchild of an ex-Muslim member of the Dutch Parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, "Submission" decried the mistreatment of Muslim women by featuring images of battered women wearing see-through robes. Van Gogh was a well-known gadfly; he had attacked Jewish and Christians with enough vehemence to elicit formal complaints. But after "Submission" came death threats. Van Gogh, in the eyes of many Dutch Muslims, had blasphemed Islam -- an offense that brought the death penalty. Even the hallucinated "Christian Extremists" dont just slaughter people that dont believe EXACTLY as they do.

One prerequisite of the peaceful coexistence of ideologies in secular society is freedom of speech -- particularly the freedom to question, to dissent, even to ridicule. Multiculturalism and secularism are on a collision course: if one group is able to demand that its tenets remain above criticism, it no longer coexists with the others as an equal, but has embarked on the path to hegemony. It is long past due for such considerations to become part of the public debate in Western countries. To what extent are Muslim immigrants in Western countries willing to set aside Islamic strictures on questioning, criticizing, and leaving Islam?

After van Gogh was killed, thousands of people took to the streets of Amsterdam to pay him homage. Among them was a Muslim woman who stated: "I didn't really agree with van Gogh but he was a person who used his freedom of expression.. I decided that as a Muslim and a Moroccan I should take up my responsibility to show that we do not support this act." But the traditional Muslim view that the penalty for blasphemy is death is alive and well.

The best part is that a woman bystander refuded to tell the police that the Attacker was Muslim because she thought it would be racist to desribe the attacker's ethnicity.

Sorry I can't find a link, because I read this right after it happened.

The best part is that a woman bystander refuded to tell the police that the Attacker was Muslim because she thought it would be racist to desribe the attacker's ethnicity.   

Sorry I can't find a link, because I read this right after it happened.

119349[/snapback]

And people still wonder why there is such a movement against P.C. brainwashing.

<_<

Archived