General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

What makes you guys believe Rocker can scheme amd call a defense? What experience does he have in that regard?

I'm not specifically endorsing Rocker, nor do I think he would return, but I do believe that a nasty D can co-exist with a spread type of O.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.

They said for years that no one ever break a 4 minute mile and now it's done routinely.

I'm convinced your an idiot now. You contradict every post you try to make arguments on.

Bite Me!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the only thing that your idol Petrino has done consistently is display extremely poor judgment, but hey if that's the kind head coach that yuk really want then by all means hire away!!! Congrats on your being schooled.

Are off your meds?

Want to know what Petrino does (as a HC)? He wins. End of story.

Christ, you're dense.

About the only thing that your idol Petrino has done consistently is display extremely poor judgment, but hey if that's the kind head coach that yuk really want then by all means hire away!!! Congrats on your being schooled.

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

. Tommy Tubervile 2.0

How many titles of any kind has he won? What's his record against Bama?

Two conference titles in four seasons at Louisville.

The last four seasons (3 full plus the current one so not quite four), Bama has four losses. Two were to Miles, one was to Spurrier and one was to Chizik. We're firing one of those guys. Which of the other two do you think we can hire if this is your criteria?

Let me see... How about a coach that's won or assisted in a conference championship or maybe even his own division for starters.

It doesn't have to be an SECCG. With all due respect, youre making way too many assumptions. I was only saying/asking what has Petrino ever won?

Are you dense?

Read the forum rules Mr. Name Caller.

who we will get = i don't know

who we don't want = CGC

who we prolly need = saban

who we will get = malzahn or fisher

I sure hope so!

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

. Tommy Tubervile 2.0

Tuberville's record prior to Auburn: 25-20

Petrino's record prior to Auburn (I hope): 75-26

Not even close.

What makes you guys believe Rocker can scheme amd call a defense? What experience does he have in that regard?

I'm not specifically endorsing Rocker, nor do I think he would return, but I do believe that a nasty D can co-exist with a spread type of O.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.

They said for years that no one ever break a 4 minute mile and now it's done routinely.

The obvious problem is that the same points your making as to why Petrino shouldn't be hired is completly true of most of the other coaches that you suggest. The biggest difference betweem Petrino and your choices is that Petrino is a proven winner in the SEC even with inferior talent. Everyone else you mentioned either has no real experience or even has losing records at their schools.

I'm convinced your an idiot now. You contradict every post you try to make arguments on.

Bite Me!!!

The obvious problem is that the same points you're making as to why Petrino shouldn't be hired is completely true of your own coaching suggestions as well. The biggest difference between Petrino and your choices is that Petrino is a proven winner in the SEC even with inferior talent. Everyone else you mentioned either has no real HC experience and/or is near .500 or below at their current jobs.

The last four seasons (3 full plus the current one so not quite four), Bama has four losses. Two were to Miles, one was to Spurrier and one was to Chizik. We're firing one of those guys. Which of the other two do you think we can hire if this is your criteria?

Let me see... How about a coach that's won or assisted in a conference championship or maybe even his own division for starters.

It doesn't have to be an SECCG. With all due respect, youre making way too many assumptions. I was only saying/asking what has Petrino ever won?

Are you dense?

Read people's posts Mr. Comprehension.

Are you dense?

He is so far in the Petrino corner he can see no other possible option for AU to hire, you are either stupid, dense, a fail, if you remotely disagree with hiring BP.....

While I'm at it, allow me to educate you:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

In other words, a name tossed out here or there doesn't break the rules.

Now, let's see if we can find a subject you know something about since coaches and reading apparently don't fit the bill. Knitting perhaps?

Are you dense?

He is so far in the Petrino corner he can see no other possible option for AU to hire, you are either stupid, dense, a fail, if you remotely disagree with hiring BP.....

No, you're stupid, dense or a fail when you can't apparently read that your question was answered multiple times already.

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

. Tommy Tubervile 2.0

Not even close.

You are aware that Tubbs only head coaching gig prior to AU was OLE SIS?

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

. Tommy Tubervile 2.0

Not even close.

Ok, Petrino's first HC gig was Louisville. His record there: 41-9

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

. Tommy Tubervile 2.0

Not even close.

Ok, Petrino's first HC gig was Louisville. His record there: 41-9

Petrinos last gig is the one I'd be more concerned about.

I'm just amazed at the lack of comprehensiveness of a lot of you people. Do yall pull things out of your butt or do you know anything about football. I tend to think you just like to argue for the hell of it.

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

Ok, he wins. How did it end at Louisville? The Falcons? Arkansas?

If you imbeciles think the media was viscous durIng the Chizik era you haven't seen anything if Petrino is hired and it will never stop.

You can also throw the Auburn Creed out the window if he's hired because it will no longer be meaningful.

Yes, I would rather roll the dice on a Malzahn or Strong both of which have integrity, than to roll the dice that Petrino has changed his evil ways. It's only been 6 months since he was booted at Arky.

Are off your meds?

Christ, you're dense.

Ok, he wins. How did it end at Louisville? The Falcons? Arkansas?

If you imbeciles think the media was viscous durIng the Chizik era you haven't seen anything if Petrino is hired and it will never stop.

You can also throw the Auburn Creed out the window if he's hired because it will no longer be meaningful.

Yes, I would rather roll the dice on a Malzahn or Strong both of which have integrity, than to roll the dice that Petrino has changed his evil ways. It's only been 6 months since he was booted at Arky.

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

In other words, a name tossed out there or there doesn't break the rules.

Now, let's see if we can find a subject you know something about since coaches and reading apparently don't fit the bill. Knitting perhaps?

Classless. Truly classless. I thought you were supposed to be a mod, but I obviously was mistaken.

Thanks for reminding me why I miss AE so much.

Classless. Truly classless. I thought you were supposed to be a mod, but I obviously was mistaken.

Dude calm down, he is just doing his job.

Not everyone will agree with you in life, just keep it cool.

I don't know anything about knitting either.....

You get the response you earn.

I don't know anything about knitting either.....

Pickles?

Archived