General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

People who want Kirby Smart need to remember this. All assistant coaches who trained under "the bear", were placed on probation by the NCAA when they became head coaches. Yes that includes our own Pat Dye. Coaches can't run football programs like the are trained to do at uat, the NCAA will just not allow it anywhere else. saban has the old machine running like the old days, and that training is exactly what Smart will take to his new job,

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to throw this name out there Bob Stoops i know he has been pursued before but he just may be ready to give the SEC a shot

Going to throw this name out there Bob Stoops i know he has been pursued before but he just may be ready to give the SEC a shot

I'd test the waters, but I also wouldn't get my hopes up.

Has Hugh Freeze been seriously discussed?

No.

No.

And he won't be....

Sorry if this seems obvious to some, but why is that?

No.

No.

And he won't be....

I would say because he hasn't proven anything in less than one year with Ole Missy. If he continues to improve them over a longer span then he will be a hot commodity but I think Auburn would be making a big stretch to hire the guy after one year of moderate success there. And yes I know we hired Tubs from there but he had a longer track record and if Im not mistaken had done well there under some NCAA sanctions. But granted,with Auburn's track record of head-scratching hires I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

No.

No.

And he won't be....

I would say because he hasn't proven anything in less than one year with Ole Missy. If he continues to improve them over a longer span then he will be a hot commodity but I think Auburn would be making a big stretch to hire the guy after one year of moderate success there. And yes I know we hired Tubs from there but he had a longer track record and if Im not mistaken had done well there under some NCAA sanctions. But granted,with Auburn's track record of head-scratching hires I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Why isnt anybody interested in Butch Jones? Have you looked at what he has done in the 5 years as a head coach?

No.

No.

And he won't be....

That is why I am scared to death we will get a nutt as our next HC.

No.

No.

And he won't be....

A nut like...... HOUSTON NUTT! !!! OoOo

No.

No.

And he won't be....

If Auburn hits a home run with this hire it will be the first one in my lifetime. Bowden, Tubs, and Chiz have had their moments, but at the time of their hire I remember everyone thinking huh? Tubs was kind of a big hire, he was being lauded for what he had done at ole miss but it wasn't a home run by any means. Considering how bad things are they really need to get this one right.

Sure. 8 wins with a few poundings every year is satisfactory. And he's weird. Who doesn't want an odd guy representing their school?

Yeah, this. Dude gives me the willies.

There are worse choices for certain. Great offensive history. SEC experience. Exciting brand of ball. I'd be surprised though if we hired him, he's not as safe a pick as I think the ptb will wanna make.

Who I want = Kirby Smart

Who we will get. = Malzahn

Who we dont want. = Petrino

Who we prolly need =Paul Rhodes

This is a great idea, was gonna suggest something like this myself.

Who I want - Charlie Strong

Who we'll get - Gus Malzahn

Who we don't want - Kirby Smart

Who we prob need - Paul Rhoads

While at Ohio State, Jim Tressell could never beat an SEC team.

This.

The 2011 sugar bowl, Jim Tressell beat Bobby Pertrino in his last game as the head coach of tOSU. This was Jim's only victory over an SEC team.

Then they forfeited that game :)

Archived