General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

Who I want = Kirby Smart

Who we will get. = Malzahn

Who we dont want. = Petrino

Who we prolly need =Paul Rhodes

This is a great idea, was gonna suggest something like this myself.

Who I want - Charlie Strong

Who we'll get - Gus Malzahn

Who we don't want - Kirby Smart

Who we prob need - Paul Rhoads

Ooooo me too

Who I want - Gary Patterson

Who we'll get - Bobby Petrino

Who we don't want - Kirby Smart

Who we prob need - Gus Malzahn

I dont get how we need Paul Rhodes. We need a veteran winner not someone who has had 2 so so seasons.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any Jim Harbaugh clones available? His philosophy is Auburn football.

1. Run the ball

2. Dominating defense

3. Manage turnovers

NO. After meeting him back in 05, I can safely say he is not a man who would represent Auburn well. He may put out a decent team, but it's not worth the mess that could occur.

Who we prob need - Gus Malzahn

We need a veteran winner not someone who has had 2 so so seasons.

Way to completely contradict yourself in the span of about 7 words.

Are there any Jim Harbaugh clones available? His philosophy is Auburn football.

1. Run the ball

2. Dominating defense

3. Manage turnovers

Willie Taggart at WKU is from the Harbaugh coaching tree and pretty much mimics his philosophy. Unfortunately I dont think that this is the right time to hire someone like Taggart, who is the youngest HC in D1 football.

I would love to have Chris Peterson but im afraid others are right he is just not gonna leave Boise.

He is #1 on my wish list. I agree, he loves Boise St. for some reason. Other schools have offered him a lot of money, but he is happy where he is. I kind of respect him even more for that, to be honest with you.

While I'm at it, allow me to educate you:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

In other words, a name tossed out there or there doesn't break the rules.

Now, let's see if we can find a subject you know something about since coaches and reading apparently don't fit the bill. Knitting perhaps?

Classless. Truly classless. I thought you were supposed to be a mod, but I obviously was mistaken.

Thanks for reminding me why I miss AE so much.

You get the response you earn.

Back at ya. Cyberpunk. You and Petr

While I'm at it, allow me to educate you:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

In other words, a name tossed out there or there doesn't break the rules.

Now, let's see if we can find a subject you know something about since coaches and reading apparently don't fit the bill. Knitting perhaps?

Classless. Truly classless. I thought you were supposed to be a mod, but I obviously was mistaken.

Thanks for reminding me why I miss AE so much.

You get the response you earn.

Back at ya. Cyber Punk!!!

You crossed the threshold Mr. Moderator and we all know it...

You're a whiner.

It's obvious by the way that you carry yourself you're not an Auburn man. Instead, you're a name calling coward hinding behind a keyboard. I'm calling you out in front of everyone. Either man up and come out from behind the keyboard or shut the @#$% up!

Son, in the future, you would be well advised to learn a little about somone before attempting to start some crap with them in front of a crowd. I'm very familiar with the city in which you live (I was raised there and still own beachfront property there) and I was formerly employed as a Systems Analyst at FDLE in Tallahassee, so you might want to stop harrassing me because with the resources that I have at my disposal, I can probably find you much quicker than you think. If you don't believe me then just keep up the name calling and provocations. My advice to you is to quit while the quitting is good.

I really like the idea of adding Bo somewhere... Don't know if HC would be appropriate, but i see far more advantages than not with him onboard, and suspect he'd love to be back on the plains in an official capacity. Plus, we know this hurts him as much as it does us, and he may now have some great Chicago and nationwide contacts.

I wondered how long it would take to get his name mentioned.

His name has been mentioned but he will not be leaving Seattle anytime soon.

Archived