General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

Bobby Petrino can bring these boys to the promised land. He took Louisville AND Arkansas to a BCS bowl game. 'Nuff said.

How many titles of any kind has he won? What's his record against Bama?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus Malzahn is so good at evaluating talent, y'all!!!! Look at his boy Kiehl Frazier leading us to the promised land!

The kids a true soph QB with a pee-poor OL running a brand new system, where the OC calls make little sense. Give the kid a break.

Bobby Petrino can bring these boys to the promised land. He took Louisville AND Arkansas to a BCS bowl game. 'Nuff said.

Here's my perception:

The roster we have and the recruits we are going after would be a Gus Malzahn DREAM TEAM.

Wallace is an accurate, leader at QB with the ability to run past the defense. Quan Bray taking OMAC's place. Ricardo Louis with the ability to run the wildcat. Tre Mason and Blakey on the field at the same time. TE's Uzomah and Fulse are a mismatch for any DB or LB and can be devastating downfield blockers. Sammy Coates and others at WR; the talent is endless on O and the only person, the only coach out there who could utilize every single one of them is Malzahn. I am confident that we would have the most prolific Auburn offenses OF ALL TIME with Malzahn at the helm. He'd be like a spurrier; be the HC but be more involved in the offense and even call the plays. Turn the defense completely over to the meanest SOB with a proven record (like Tracy Rocker, etc...). WHen HS kids see the name Malzahn, they immediately think of the ball going to numerous people. He knows the area, is very football savvy (watch him talk about breaking down Kirby Smart and Bama's D on ESPN), can recruit simply on his style of offense and was the main reason we have a NC (HE wanted and pushed for CAM when Chizik didn't want him, and his offense produced record breaking seasons for CAM, Dyer, etc...). His offenses have broken records everywhere he has been and we are ripe with spread talent. Malzahn can defeat LSU, Bama, etc... he is what Saban and the bama nation fear, but more importantly, he is the sole person who can come in and make the most immediate impact. WHY? Our players were all recruited to fit his system and are all already here. He is getting HC experience as of now which is more than you could say when OKL hired Bob Stoops. He isn't polarizing. He is a genius. He is the perfect piece to our current puzzle. He is so good he can take mediocre talented QBs (Mitch Mustaine) and set records with them.

Give him the $ to get here, get out of his way, and get him a lifetime supply of big league chew.

Bring in Rocker and give him complete control of the defense; who to hire, what to run, etc.... Let each concentrate on their half. Those 2 figures would strike fear into the hearts of anyone who wants to go up against us. An offense that averages 600 + yards and 60 + points a game and a defense full of Nick Fairleys. We would be a juggernaut on both sides of the ball.

Bring them to us, BOT, and release thine fury upon thy earth.

I see that someone other than myself gets the picture.

What makes you guys believe Rocker can scheme amd call a defense? What experience does he have in that regard?

Two conference titles in four seasons at Louisville.

The last four seasons (3 full plus the current one so not quite four), Bama has four losses. Two were to Miles, one was to Spurrier and one was to Chizik. We're firing one of those guys. Which of the other two do you think we can hire if this is your criteria?

The last four seasons (3 full plus the current one so not quite four), Bama has four losses. Two were to Miles, one was to Spurrier and one was to Chizik. We're firing one of those guys. Which of the other two do you think we can hire if this is your criteria?

We might not be able to hire a guy who has beaten Saban at Bama, but we can find a guy who hasn't already lost repeatedly to him (and who, ya know, isn't a lowlife POS).

Let me see... How about a coach that's won or assisted in a conference championship or maybe even his own division for starters.

It doesn't have to be an SECCG. With all due respect, youre making way too many assumptions. I was only saying/asking what has Petrino ever won?

So you want to hire a former Big East coach? Are you related to Jay Jacobs?

Let me see... How about a coach that's won or assisted in a conference championship or maybe even his own division for starters.

It doesn't have to be an SECCG. With all due respect, youre making way too many assumptions. I was only saying/asking what has Petrino ever won?

Are you intentionally ignoring the two conference titles at Louisville or is your reading comprehension just that bad?

Can someone explain to me why it's reasonable to think Jumbo Fisher would leave FSU for Auburn at this point in time? Don't get me wrong, I think Auburn is the better long term job, but I'm not sure if it would be a wise change for Jimbo at this point in time. He has a pretty cushy gig in Tallahassee and a team with the talent to go undefeated with few roadblocks in the ACC.

Who do you want to hire? And don't give silly names like Gruden or Petterson. I mean some serious coaching names Auburn could realistically get?

What makes you guys believe Rocker can scheme amd call a defense? What experience does he have in that regard?

I'm not specifically endorsing Rocker, nor do I think he would return, but I do believe that a nasty D can co-exist with a spread type of O.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.

They said for years that no one ever break a 4 minute mile and now it's done routinely.

Here's my perception:

The roster we have and the recruits we are going after would be a Gus Malzahn DREAM TEAM.

Wallace is an accurate, leader at QB with the ability to run past the defense. Quan Bray taking OMAC's place. Ricardo Louis with the ability to run the wildcat. Tre Mason and Blakey on the field at the same time. TE's Uzomah and Fulse are a mismatch for any DB or LB and can be devastating downfield blockers. Sammy Coates and others at WR; the talent is endless on O and the only person, the only coach out there who could utilize every single one of them is Malzahn. I am confident that we would have the most prolific Auburn offenses OF ALL TIME with Malzahn at the helm. He'd be like a spurrier; be the HC but be more involved in the offense and even call the plays. Turn the defense completely over to the meanest SOB with a proven record (like Tracy Rocker, etc...). WHen HS kids see the name Malzahn, they immediately think of the ball going to numerous people. He knows the area, is very football savvy (watch him talk about breaking down Kirby Smart and Bama's D on ESPN), can recruit simply on his style of offense and was the main reason we have a NC (HE wanted and pushed for CAM when Chizik didn't want him, and his offense produced record breaking seasons for CAM, Dyer, etc...). His offenses have broken records everywhere he has been and we are ripe with spread talent. Malzahn can defeat LSU, Bama, etc... he is what Saban and the bama nation fear, but more importantly, he is the sole person who can come in and make the most immediate impact. WHY? Our players were all recruited to fit his system and are all already here. He is getting HC experience as of now which is more than you could say when OKL hired Bob Stoops. He isn't polarizing. He is a genius. He is the perfect piece to our current puzzle. He is so good he can take mediocre talented QBs (Mitch Mustaine) and set records with them.

Give him the $ to get here, get out of his way, and get him a lifetime supply of big league chew.

Bring in Rocker and give him complete control of the defense; who to hire, what to run, etc.... Let each concentrate on their half. Those 2 figures would strike fear into the hearts of anyone who wants to go up against us. An offense that averages 600 + yards and 60 + points a game and a defense full of Nick Fairleys. We would be a juggernaut on both sides of the ball.

Bring them to us, BOT, and release thine fury upon thy earth.

Dude u got me stoked with that post....

Who do you want to hire? And don't give silly names like Gruden or Petterson. I mean some serious coaching names Auburn could realistically get?

Malzahn, Strong, James Franklin, Art Briles

The first two of which are Sunbelt and Big East. Congrats on your logic fail.

Are you dense?

Can someone explain to me why it's reasonable to think Jumbo Fisher would leave FSU for Auburn at this point in time? Don't get me wrong, I think Auburn is the better long term job, but I'm not sure if it would be a wise change for Jimbo at this point in time. He has a pretty cushy gig in Tallahassee and a team with the talent to go undefeated with few roadblocks in the ACC.

Jimbo is only making 1.8M at FSU, very underpaid for a HC in the ACC. Rumors are that he is unhappy at FSU and there are also rumors that FSU is short on cash. If AU offers Jimbo 2.8M FSU will not be able to make a counter offer to keep him.

I'm not specifically endorsing Rocker, nor do I think he would return, but I do believe that a nasty D can co-exist with a spread type of O.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.

They said for years that no one ever break a 4 minute mile and now it's done routinely.

I'm convinced your an idiot now. You contradict every post you try to make arguments on.

Jimbo is only making 1.8M at FSU, very underpaid for a HC in the ACC. Rumors are that he is unhappy at FSU and there are also rumors that FSU is short on cash. If AU offers Jimbo 2.8M FSU will not be able to make a counter offer to keep him.

Well that's a numbers based answer I can live with. Thanks.

Wow...just wow.

Wait, using your argument which of these guys has beat Saban or won a conference title?

Malzahn- A good OC who is an untested HC?

Strong- So you want to hire a former Big East coach? Are you related to Jay Jacobs. (see what I did there?)

James Franklin- The guy who fights with opposing players and is having a bad year?

Art Briles- The guy who has a losing record at a lower teir Big12 school. Had one year where he had a great season with an athletic, Heisman QB. Currently 3-4 and might miss a bowl game. Sounds very, very similar to Chizik.

The first two of which are Sunbelt and Big East. Congrats on your logic fail.

You know as as I do that both of those two have been a huge part of SEC teams and Gus has a Natty to boot. About the only thing that your idol Petrino has done consistently is display extremely poor judgment, but hey if that's the kind head coach that yuk really want then by all means hire away!!! Congrats on your being schooled.

Archived