General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

I wondered how long it would take to get his name mentioned.

His name has been mentioned but he will not be leaving Seattle anytime soon.

I'm not going to read that 130+ page thread about names. I meant mentioned exclusively in a thread topic. And I'm certainly not advocating his name, but he was on the short list of names that I figured would get thrown around.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the idea of adding Bo somewhere... Don't know if HC would be appropriate, but i see far more advantages than not with him onboard, and suspect he'd love to be back on the plains in an official capacity. Plus, we know this hurts him as much as it does us, and he may now have some great Chicago and nationwide contacts.

Maybe as a fundraiser. I know he has built up quite a business empire, but I am not sure I would want him coaching or running our athletic dept.. He is, and always will be, my all-time favorite athlete.

Hard nose defensive guy, and has been under Jim Harbaugh the last two years. He built up the South Florida program and made it relevant. Only knock is that he had an altercation with a player during halftime.

I want to go after a proven BALLER. What if these coordinators (Smart, Helfrich) go elsewhere to be HC's and they suck? It happens all the time. We need a dynamic personality to make folks feel good about the future. Plus, the name Helfrich sounds like it would be a bad guy in a Medal of Honor game.

He is not Auburn material in any way IMO. He would still be at USCw if the NCAA had not come kicking their door down. There is a reason he left the college game just in time.

Who was the guy on Saved by the Bell, the College Years? He was the RA or something. Former pro player. I bet he's not doing anything.

Mike Golic's older brother, Bob.

Who was the guy on Saved by the Bell, the College Years? He was the RA or something. Former pro player. I bet he's not doing anything.

Mike something or other. Looked like a Golic.

Are there any Jim Harbaugh clones available? His philosophy is Auburn football.

1. Run the ball

2. Dominating defense

3. Manage turnovers

Willie Taggart at WKU is from the Harbaugh coaching tree and pretty much mimics his philosophy. Unfortunately I dont think that this is the right time to hire someone like Taggart, who is the youngest HC in D1 football.

I wouldn't be disappointed if this guy was considered.

Don't see why we wouldn't head back towards a spread type offense.

1 We have tons of talent currently for it.

2 It was incredibly fun to watch in 2010.

3 Saban cries over it.

*4 Not fighting Satan for all the same recruits.

Since everyone seems to be going crazy tonight (full moon and a crazy hurricane), I thought I'd join in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_Fulmer

Proven winner and recruiter. Things went sour and the Vols got impatient. Think the Vols wouldn't like to have big Phil back right now?

Wouldn't be intimidated by saban. With luper and trooper they could easily compete with the turds in recruiting. Maybe he steals chavis from LSU for DC. Get a good OC and we are back to being a contender in no time.

And as an added bonus, the turds might hate him more than they hate us. I'm sure it would piss them off.

War Eagle.

The spread offense is the way to go it's what we have recruited for, this season was doomed cause Chizik tried to go pro style then tried to change up again after he saw it wouldn't work.

Hard nose defensive guy, and has been under Jim Harbaugh the last two years. He built up the South Florida program and made it relevant. Only knock is that he had an altercation with a player during halftime.

Jim Leavitt was that guy I am talking about here.

I think my number one choice is Gus Malzahn. After that I'd be happy with Charlie Strong. Hell, why not offer Saban $6 million a year? He's probably looking for a new challenge. Why not let him see if he can beat himself?

Another guy who I think might be interesting to look at is Sonny Dykes. In all honesty though, I'd feel much more comfortable hiring a proven head coach if we don't get Gus. Two names that come to mind are Chris Petersen at Boise and Gary Patterson at TCU. Both have shown the ability to maintain success. Granted, they aren't in the SEC, but Petersen especially has shown dominance over his conference.

I'd be down for Jon Gruden for sure. What's the word on whether or not Tony Dungy would like to coach at a college?

It's obvious by the way that you carry yourself you're not an Auburn man. Instead, you're a name calling coward hinding behind a keyboard. I'm calling you out in front of everyone. Either man up and come out from behind the keyboard or shut the @#$% up!

Son, in the future, you would be well advised to learn a little about somone before attempting to start some crap with them in front of a crowd. I'm very familiar with the city in which you live (I was raised there and still own beachfront property there) and I was formerly employed as a Systems Analyst at FDLE in Tallahassee, so you might want to stop harrassing me because with the resources that I have at my disposal, I can probably find you much quicker than you think. If you don't believe me then just keep up the name calling and provocations. My advice to you is to quit while the quitting is good.

If I were you, I'd take your own advice. You really suck at the detective work.

Oh, and you've earned the right to find another board to bother. You won't be threatening anyone here anymore.

Archived