Dayton Game

jwmboom7

i think 1:00 on espn3 and the intrawebs ...

seeing what murray state did to us from the outside, i am afraid if dayton is on, then we have problems. they appear to have just enough size to keep us from dominating inside and if they are taking outside shots then the rebounds will be long. we have not rebounded well on the long boards and i dont see that magically happening today.

sooo ... i believe the game hinges on dayton's shooting which i will assume will be good. i figure dayton 70 auburn 55 and i hope i am so wrong.

hope barbee unloads the bench and plays crazy, crazy energy on the defensive end. i bet we run a super high temp transition game based off being better on the boards (i know i am contradicting myself - trying to find some optimism). i know some folks were concerned with some of our play looking like street ball - i think today will be a high level of street ball.

I guess it's street ball but seems that teams like Murray and lots of others just have more outside fire-power than we do...and defensively they are all "slap and grab" that frustrates most opponents. From the two games in this tourney that I've watched, we dont have many scoring options. Shooting percentages look like typical AU as does foul shooting ...but generally the defense is intense and I guess the plan is to keep the game in the 50-60 range.

I just wanna see us play a strong game. If we lose but we play better and by that I mean we don't commit the dumb fouls, we run our offense, and make them earn all their points I will be ok. It will be interesting to see if someone other than Frankie can step up and score some points

We have got to have a scoring threat at pg. Wallace is just not cutting it.

greene has an opening but has to play d and he has had a couple of TO in limited action before tonight. Love Wallace and all he stands for but we can get better at the 1

Someone other than Frankie has to make a basket. We have had some good shots that simply aren't going in. Frankie is taking the worst shots but barbee has consistently told him to be the shooter. If he misses from long we never get the board

This is bad basketball... Streetball offense and lazy defense

i made the streetball comment earlier. Barbee said in a post game interview a week ago that he wants to play good man and turn that into a transition game. Sounds cool to me if we are making those types of shots. We are just a poor shooting team right now. Hope it doesn't stay that way

If we can make some shots ... Heck not even 50% but say 40-45%, we will be in games. Our d is generally solid. We have had a few breakdowns in the zone but have also had a few nice blocks. I am still disappointed in our rebounding. That is an attitude thing and we are missing that a little

Tigers cut it to 10..., missing a lot of chances though.

We should be down 20. Almost every shot Dayton has had has been a wide open one but they just have missed em. We also stink at rebounding.... I am kinda disappointed as I thought we might be a little better this year but again we don't look like we can play with quality teams

Archived