Kenny Gabriel

around4ever

This isn't really AU Basketball but yall remember to keep Kenny in your thoughts and prayers these days. As you may or may not know, he is in Israel playing Pro Basketball. He is in the middle of the war over there. He has been tweeting about it if you want to follow him on Twitter, @DaBoyKG22. Incoming sirens constantly sounding at night and he just tweeted that his building shook from a bomb blast. Keep him and the entire area in your thoughts and prayers and let's get him back home safely.

Why the heck is he over there right now? Money is not that important in the scheme of things. Not to mention there are pro basketball leagues all over the world. I'd be having a little chat with my agent if I was KG.

Yeah, the building where he stays shook from a bomb blast. Common sense says get the heck outta there and leave the 2nd best league in a cloud of dust. Ha!

Well he could go to Greece and then when he gets injured, the cops mysteriously show up at his apt. and find drugs (even though he has none in his system) and the team no longer has to pay him. (This happened to a former AU player in the early 90's when I was living in Greece.) Oh and let's not forget that opposing fans in Greece and Turkey throw metal coins at players! Yay fun. The rocket firing by Hamas will be over shortly as Israel kicks their tuchuses. Hamas' leaders will all be dead and they will have to wait for the next batch of crazies to grow up before they start it up again. He might as well wait it out.

In all fairness, I have been to quite a few professional basketball games in Turkey -- none of which had people throwing coins onto the court at the players or coaches (or heated coins, which I've also read somewhere). It was pretty much the same thing as going to a basketball game over here.

But wow, I can't imagine being over in Israel during a time like this.

In all fairness, I have been to quite a few professional basketball games in Turkey -- none of which had people throwing coins onto the court at the players or coaches (or heated coins, which I've also read somewhere). It was pretty much the same thing as going to a basketball game over here.

But wow, I can't imagine being over in Israel during a time like this.

I had only heard they do this in Turkey-I know they do it in Greece. I always suspected better of the Turks. This was the early 90's maybe they have quit this stupid habit in both countries.

Archived