What's up with Rich McGlynn?

DyeHardAllTheWay

What's up with him is he's the best compliance officer in the nation. It was Coach Chizik that put Tim Jackson in his position of authority, so I don't see our next coach trying to dump the country's top compliance officer to make him an organizer of press conferences.

It was Coach Chizik that put Tim Jackson in his position of authority

No lol. What coach in his right mind wants a dumbass hanging around the sidelines and proclaiming that he's the team's "General Manager"?

Tim Jackson was put into his position by Jay Jacobs, and if you believe the rumors, Gary Patterson's interview in '08 went south quickly once he was informed of Jackson's involvement in the program. Gene Chizik supported the Tim Jackson BS because he had no other choice as it was agreed upon once he accepted the job offer. Remember that he was a 5-19 coach at Iowa State that probably wouldn't have even lasted another 2 seasons.

It was Coach Chizik that put Tim Jackson in his position of authority

No lol. What coach in his right mind wants a dumbass hanging around the sidelines and proclaiming that he's the team's "General Manager"?

Tim Jackson was put into his position by Jay Jacobs, and if you believe the rumors, Gary Patterson's interview in '08 went south quickly once he was informed of Jackson's involvement in the program. Gene Chizik supported the Tim Jackson BS because he had no other choice as it was agreed upon once he accepted the job offer. Remember that he was a 5-19 coach at Iowa State that probably wouldn't have even lasted another 2 seasons.

This is correct. TJ was technically xCGC's boss so I doubt xCGC put him there. At least that is what I understand.

If you look at Chizik's first contract, it was signed by Dr. Gogue, but it was recommended and signed by Jay Jacobs and Tim Jackson. That's a pretty clear signal that he was the football coach's boss.

What's up with him is he's the best compliance officer in the nation. It was Coach Chizik that put Tim Jackson in his position of authority, so I don't see our next coach trying to dump the country's top compliance officer to make him an organizer of press conferences.

+1000

Taking Jackson out of the picture was a very good thing to do. I do think that JJs authority in the hiring process has been weakened a good deal. I think it was BluVue who mentioned that Sullivan, B Jackson, and M Crawford would not have their names associated with Jacobs if the 3 former players were only there in name. I know Pat Sullivan personally, and he would not be associated with this process if he did not have a say so as to who will be hired. I think having these 3 on the committee will yield great results as to who our new coach will be.

Taking Jackson out of the picture was a very good thing to do. I do think that JJs authority in the hiring process has been weakened a good deal. I think it was BluVue who mentioned that Sullivan, B Jackson, and M Crawford would not have their names associated with Jacobs if the 3 former players were only there in name. I know Pat Sullivan personally, and he would not be associated with this process if he did not have a say so as to who will be hired. I think having these 3 on the committee will yield great results as to who our new coach will be.

I agree. None of those 3 guys are yes men and none would allow themselves to be pawns for anyone. I have faith in them.

I agree he is the best compliance officer in the nation.

Rich McGlynn= The Most Boring Guy in The World

That is not even possible have you watched a Gene Chizik Presser?? Terrorists at Guatanmo Bay would rather be waterboarded!

There is not question about that!

I agree he is the best compliance officer in the nation.

I agree with this agree.

This statement is what I would think was the agreement and it does me good to see it posted by someone with a bit of insight . . .

I agree. None of those 3 guys are yes men and none would allow themselves to be pawns for anyone. I have faith in them.

+++

I saw Tim at the corner of the donor seats at the basketball game last night. Didn't seem to be too down on anything, had football players coming up to talk to him, other adults coming to talk to him all game long. I wouldn't be surprised if he still had some kind of role, just not as visible as before.

Archived