Chad Morris OC?

maxwere

I got a PM last night from a former AE mod indicating mutual interest between Chad Morris and AU. It sounds like contract talks may be underway.

Thoughts? News?

vvv Edited (buyout clause... guess not): vvv

"Coach may terminate this Agreement by furnishing the University three days written notice to accept other employment. lf Coach leaves to accept a position as an assistant coach or coordinator during the first three years of this Agreement, he must pay the University liquidated damages in the sum of his annual total compensation multiplied by the number of years andjor portion thereof then remaining in this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, total compensation is understood to be base salary plus supplemental salary. lf Coach leaves to accept a position as an assistant coach or coordinator during the final three years of this Agreement, he must pay the University liquidated damages in the sum of 25% of his annual total compensation multiplied by the number of years and /or portion thereof, then remaining in this Agreement If Coach leaves to accept a position as a head coach, he will owe the University no liquidated damages. Likewise, Coach's act of accepting another position shall be deemed to automatically terminate this agreement and shall release the University, its employees, officers, and trustees from any obligation hereunder."

Notice that Clemson is exposed in terms of advancement to a Head Coach.

I predict CCM to Ark State and CRL to AU. Since CGM has never coached with CM, this is probably a far better arrangement.

I like the idea. Means Gus is really focused on building a dynasty. Gus is an offensive genius in his own right, but Chad is one of his disciples. Gus seems to be putting people in place to relieve some pressure off of himself so he can focus on being the HC and overseeing all facets. Would be a nice move IMO.

If AU decides they can afford it, I wouldn't be upset. I've been saying from back when Gus was just a candidate that his ability to possibly lure in Morris would be a bonus. Talk about an offensive juggernaut with both of them on staff.

Not to mention that I wouldn't mind sticking it to Dabo...

If AU decides they can afford it, I wouldn't be upset. I've been saying from back when Gus was just a candidate that his ability to possibly lure in Morris would be a bonus. Talk about an offensive juggernaut with both of them on staff.

Not to mention that I wouldn't mind sticking it to Dabo...

Exactly!

Tells me that Gus wants to be a full time head coach and not an offensive coordinator/head coach. It also indicates that Gus has a big picture plan.

^^^^THIS!!!^^^

I would be surprised but who knows right ? Arky St didn't choose Lashlee to be their interim HC for their bowl game and instead chose their DC. My guess is that Lashlee coming to AU with Gus has a better chance than Morris to AU.

At this point point in Gus Malzahn's career, I am saying no way. It was many years before Spurrier even slightly gave up OC duties.

wde

I would be surprised but who knows right ? Arky St didn't choose Lashlee to be their interim HC for their bowl game and instead chose their DC. My guess is that Lashlee coming to AU with Gus has a better chance than Morris to AU.

This.

wde

I really find it hard to believe Gus will NOT be calling the plays on gameday.

There is the possibility I could be wrong. It has happened before..........................

At this point point in Gus Malzahn's career, I am saying no way. It was many years before Spurrier even slightly gave up OC duties.

wde

true, but usc did start to blossom when spurrier gave up official OC duties

Just hire Lashlee as the QB coach. Gus is the official OC/HC and Lashlee takes the gameday responsibilities of play calling

I agree... it seems a little redundant.

You all are correct on CCM. The following is an excerpt from the contract clause:

"Coach may terminate this Agreement by furnishing the University three days written notice to accept other employment. lf Coach leaves to accept a position as an assistant coach or coordinator during the first three years of this Agreement, he must pay the University liquidated damages in the sum of his annual total compensation multiplied by the number of years andjor portion thereof then remaining in this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, total compensation is understood to be base salary plus supplemental salary. lf Coach leaves to accept a position as an assistant coach or coordinator during the final three years of this Agreement, he must pay the University liquidated damages in the sum of 25% of his annual total compensation multiplied by the number of years and /or portion thereof, then remaining in this Agreement If Coach leaves to accept a position as a head coach, he will owe the University no liquidated damages. Likewise, Coach's act of accepting another position shall be deemed to automatically terminate this agreement and shall release the University, its employees, officers, and trustees from any obligation hereunder."

Notice that Clemson is exposed in terms of advancement.

I predict CCM to Ark State and CRL to AU. Since CGM has never coached with CM, this is probably a far better arrangement.

I'm for it just for the reason of taking something valuable away from Dabo.

we would essentially be snatching half of Dabo's wins from him IMO

Ya he will NOT be coming

source- Common Sense

Then it is almost certain to happen with JJ at the helm....

I say offer him as asst AD....that is not a Asst coach or Cord :)

I like the idea. Means Gus is really focused on building a dynasty. Gus is an offensive genius in his own right, but Chad is one of his disciples. Gus seems to be putting people in place to relieve some pressure off of himself so he can focus on being the HC and overseeing all facets. Would be a nice move IMO.

Danger Will Robinson: this is exactly what wildly successful DC's Chizik and Tubberville both did as HCs and their proven talents as coordinators rarely translated through coordinators they hired.

Archived