2013 3* JUCO WR Markeith Ambles (Houston signee)

bigsixfive

Agreed. Sorry if my post was a little brash. I believe he deserves a second chance as much as the next guy. At the same time, I anticipate us to have some really good depth at WR this time next year so we may not have room/need a JUCO WR.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No juco receivers other than Jeremy Richardson.

I pretty much already consider him part of the team, but yes he's the exception.

• 1 year later...

I know the former USC 5-Star (and AuburnEagle message board superstar) had an offer from Gus and arky state. i wouldn't be surprised if he is open to the possibility of extending the offer from the plains as well. thoughts?

I don't recall what happened with him at USC but I remember him being interested in us out of high school. He's a talented player that would at least give us receiver depth

He is at Jr. College in Arizona. He runs with a fast crowd, and has gotten in a fair amount of trouble. Has Jr college humbled him, who knows. I would pass, Gus needs discipline on this team, its too early in his tenure to take a chance with a juco. Hope this guy makes it somewhere else, he is a great talent.

He is at Jr. College in Arizona. He runs with a fast crowd, and has gotten in a fair amount of trouble. Has Jr college humbled him, who knows. I would pass, Gus needs discipline on this team, its too early in his tenure to take a chance with a juco. Hope this guy makes it somewhere else, he is a great talent.

I taught/coached (track & field) Markeith when he was in middle school (Henry County, GA) and he was a real hellion. I pray for him that he changes his ways and grows up. Even back then we knew he had the talent to be a big time recruit and I even warned him when he was in the 6th grade that if he didn't change his ways what happened to him at USC would happen-that he would get kicked off his college team and have to go JUCO or lower division. I told him the big time programs like UGA and Auburn wouldn't put up with crap and would simply replace a trouble maker with the next big-time recruit.

This article makes it sound like he really has turned himself around. I for one hope Gus gives him a shot.

http://usc.rivals.co...asp?CID=1416525

Yeah, it did sound like it. I wouldn't have brought up the possibility if it weren't for Gus having offered him a place at ASU, but I think that obviously shows that Gus has faith in the kid.

He sounds like the old Markeith to me. Says a little of what folks wants to hear till he's in the clear and then it is back to his old ways. Notice he is still hanging with the "pro-baseball player" that was caught doing recreational drugs. He hasn't yet taken complete blame for his actions at USC, blaming Kiffen. Kiffen is a recruiting cheat and weirdo IMHO, but he isn't to blame for Markeith not going to class. Risky recruit IMO.

I know the former USC 5-Star (and AuburnEagle message board superstar) had an offer from Gus and arky state. i wouldn't be surprised if he is open to the possibility of extending the offer from the plains as well. thoughts?

SIAP but NO

SIAP but NO

sooooooo.....you're open to the possibility? :dunno:

SIAP but NO

soooooo.....you're open to the possibility? :dunno:

Me being open or not does not matter. He will not get an oi\ffer.

SIAP but NO

any opinion on why gus would offer at ASU, but not Auburn?

SIAP but NO

any opinion on why gus would offer at ASU, but not Auburn?

1 is the emergence of Derunnya Wilson. He is the top WR target. They are looking for 1 more after that and Pascal and Prester appear to be higher on the coaches board right now.

Archived