2013 3* JUCO WR Markeith Ambles (Houston signee)

bigsixfive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted it on the other topic, but the same guy reporting that Ambles may visit is also now saying

"Auburn has not accepted Ambles' visit request just yet. The Auburn coaching staff might not want him. "

Well even if the kid has character issues we know one team that will take him. Saban has a lack of character himself so he can have Ambles. We need guys that are gonna stay out of trouble and make our team look good.

Just my opinion but I don't think that any of the kids that fell for the Kiffin trap are worth the time.  If they felt like the circus of UT was the place to be then I doubt they will fit in with the atmosphere at AU.

Just my opinion but I don't think that any of the kids that fell for the Kiffin trap are worth the time.  If they felt like the circus of UT was the place to be then I doubt they will fit in with the atmosphere at AU.

good point

BOOM!!!!!

if we had room for a 5 star wide reciever, we would take him. we don't have room. (remember my apple basket analogy?) Our staff not "needing" him to visit is a great sign! They got who they want.

if we had room for a 5 star wide reciever, we would take him. we don't have room. (remember my apple basket analogy?) Our staff not "needing" him to visit is a great sign! They got who they want.

AMEN!!!

or his  character is just awful.

So wait a minute, let me get this straight. Ambles has asked to come on a visit to Auburn, but the coaches won't grant it? Am I missing something? If I'm wrong about how this has happened, please correct me. But how are we in a position to deny a 5-star athlete a visit? I understand that our coaches have a specific "group" of players that they are looking to close the recruiting class with, but all those guys may or may not come here. I sure hope that all the players that we are confident will fill out our final six spots actually sign (Mack, Lemonier, Whitaker, Lattimore, Jones, etc.). I also understand that we have a pretty stout WR class committed, but I really find it hard to believe that we denied a visit request from Ambles unless the coaching staff is 100% positive that it will finish with the top recruits that they are actively pursuing.

So wait a minute, let me get this straight. Ambles has asked to come on a visit to Auburn, but the coaches won't grant it? Am I missing something? If I'm wrong about how this has happened, please correct me. But how are we in a position to deny a 5-star athlete a visit? I understand that our coaches have a specific "group" of players that they are looking to close the recruiting class with, but all those guys may or may not come here. I sure hope that all the players that we are confident will fill out our final six spots actually sign (Mack, Lemonier, Whitaker, Lattimore, Jones, etc.). I also understand that we have a pretty stout WR class committed, but I really find it hard to believe that we denied a visit request from Ambles unless the coaching staff is 100% positive that it will finish with the top recruits that they are actively pursuing.

maybe the coaches are 100% positive..

maybe the coaches are 100% positive..

Maybe. I sure hope so if we're turning down 5-star athletes.

Guest AUpride

Darvin Adams was a 3 star.. 'nuff said.. I don't want a kid who isn't even offered by his home state school.. If Richt doesn't want him, why would anybody think our coaching staff would? I trust Chizik and Co. will/have made the right call..

Yeah, I don't want another Aubrey Phillips

Because this staff has made its name on only going after a select group of players, focusing on those players, and making them feel important because of the added focus. Besides, I rather expect to finish the class out with nothing but four star players or better, and in positions of more dire need. This is similar to the old argument in the NFL draft...except the evaluation of the players is far less accurate, both because the sample size is so much smaller and because 18 year olds are usually still developing, whereas 21-23 year olds typically are much closer to their prime.

But how are we in a position to deny a 5-star athlete a visit? I understand that our coaches have a specific "group" of players that they are looking to close the recruiting class with, but all those guys may or may not come here.

Pay more attention to Chiz when he speaks. In many of his  interviews (Im not taking the time to look for it now) he told a little recruiting story: Coach Chizik and the staff are going to go into every school and speak with the fb coaches. Chizik is going to ask who is best players on the team are. After meeting those best players from the team, Chizik will determine if they have the potential to become an "Auburn Man." Sometimes the best player on that high school team isnt the best player for Auburn (Markeith Ambles). Thank you and good nite.

Honestly I think the coaches don't even really think about how many stars a guy is. I would hope they would trust their evaluation of a player more than they would the often biased recruiting services.

Stars, stars, stars!!!! Folks, our coaches are going after quality athletes that fit their system. I also feel they are going after men who will represent Auburn and the Auburn family with the upmost integrity AND win championships. I truly believe that UATs coaches do not care about those things and just want to get the ones with the most stars. Gotta win another championship, you know!!!! Recruiting championship, that is. I mean, look at Julio. What a jerk. His interview prior to the NC game was the most narcasistic rhetoric I have ever heard. Can you say, "TO Jr."" I know we have our players that need some attitude adjustment, but Coach Chizik is doing all he can for our great program and university to take us to new heights many thought impossible. War Eagle, my dear Auburn brothers and sisters!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Archived