2013 3* JUCO WR Markeith Ambles (Houston signee)

bigsixfive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be worth losing a Reed or Goodwin on the backside just by bringing in Ambles for a visit?  Bringing this kid in for a visit may or may not trigger one of these guys to start looking around a little harder.

Would it be worth losing a Reed or Goodwin on the backside just by bringing in Ambles for a visit?  Bringing this kid in for a visit may or may not trigger one of these guys to start looking around a little harder.

This is the reason UF said no to JAckson Jeffcoat.  They did not want to jeopardize losing the commits they have.  Bringing in another WR could drive Goodwin to UGA and Reed to LSU.  We are full at WR and have a fantastic class.  Ambles is not needed.

So this Ambles kid and his dad are really familiar with Trooper. His dad also stated that Auburn has always been in it for Ambles and they are just waiting to see who the new Tennessee coach is going to be and the offense they are going to run before they would take a visit to Auburn. They will know something later today...NO I am not an insider just repeating what a friend told me per a Scouts premium article. TIFWIW

This is the reason UF said no to JAckson Jeffcoat.  They did not want to jeopardize losing the commits they have.  Bringing in another WR could drive Goodwin to UGA and Reed to LSU.  We are full at WR and have a fantastic class.  Ambles is not needed.

I agree, I hope Auburn does not take this kid.

I hope things do proceed with Ambles as long as we can speak with his coaches and principal to verify if there are indeed any character issues.  For those of you that watched the high school game, Ambles is a playmaker.  He is a true WR with great hands and speed.  He received rave reviews throughout the week which resulted in a bump in rankings.  I  :wareagle:read that he had 26 receiving TD's as a senior as well.  I don't see any of the other WR commits jumping ship with the addition of Ambles and would surely welcome him to the AU family.  Richardson seems to be on pace to qualify; Reed is another playmaker that will need a little time to develop as a WR after spending time at QB this season; Goodwin has a huge upside and will provide a down field threat, but his hands were questionable during all-star week and in the game.  While Darvin Adams is a solid WR, these guys have more intangibles such as size, speed and elusiveness.  It could make for the best WR class in recent history.  WDE!

Guest AUpride

I've heard some pretty bad stuff about this kid that would lead me to believe our staff won't take him.. From everything I've gathered he's trouble..

I've heard some pretty bad stuff about this kid that would lead me to believe our staff won't take him.. From everything I've gathered he's trouble..

What have you heard??...kids deserve second chances in my opnion, but i can understand where your coming from if what you have heard is really bad..

Guest AUpride

What have you heard??...kids deserve second chances in my opnion, but i can understand where your coming from if what you have heard is really bad..

I don't want to write stuff I don't know for a fact is true.. Just google his name + behavior problems and you can find what you need..  :we:

The question is do we use a spot for another talented receiver when right now we are better in that position than I ever can remember talent wise. Or do we push for extra O & D Line help where we truly have a big need for depth. In this case I would prefer the latter as we will need the depth at line for where Malzahn is taking this O next year. Its going to be faster, more explosive, and scoring quickly. I will also defer to our coaches and accept whatever they do they have earned my utmost respect and confidence.

We have 6 spots left, that is enough to get some DTs and DEs, so I think we could spare one scholy for Ambles. We are also thin on DBs, so if one receiver dosen't work out I'm sure with their speed and athleticism they can be moved to DB. So I say take him.

That's only if 3 guys don't qualify. This staff has worked overtime to make sure they went after kids with good heads on their shoulders so that we can fill all spots and hammer out some of the depth issues. Is that really too hard to understand for some people? If everyone qualifies like they're supposed to (at least 1 question mark), we have 3 more scholarships.

Why do they have Ambles a 5 star but reeds just a 4 star when they rank reed a better WR than ambles?

Cuz i think Reed's ranking is with his position listed as ATH not WR....Reed is the 5th ranked player at the ATH position...meaning it is uncertain how a team will use him.

Hopefully Reed will entertain the thought of playing in the secondary. IMO we need more DBs than people think.

and Ahmad Dixon called Auburn last week and asked if he could commit. Auburn said no.

WE ARE FULL!

Let's not be too hard on Dixon.  We were all pretty hign on him before.  I am still tempted by his talent.

Hopefully Reed will entertain the thought of playing in the secondary. IMO we need more DBs than people think.

and Ahmad Dixon called Auburn last week and asked if he could commit. Auburn said no.

WE ARE FULL!

Which means we have who we need and that could be why seastrunk goes elsewhere or the 6th "surprise spot" will be.......... :dunno:

Just heard Ambles could take an unofficial this weekend and take an official the 29th. Don't get too excited guys, I believe this is a back up plan in case we lose some of our remaining targets.

Just heard Ambles could take an unofficial this weekend and take an official the 29th. Don't get too excited guys, I believe this is a back up plan in case we lose some of our remaining targets.

Read the article i just posted. He is at UT this weekend.

Archived