Ted Roof new DC at Ga. Tech

AubTigers

Roof is a pretty sought after DC. He didn't have any trouble finding employment after his departure from AU. Good luck to him at GaTech!

AU was 30-10 while Roof was here! I cussed him as much as the next guy but now that the clouds have lifted somewhat, I don't think Roof was the main issue behind the pourous defense we saw on the field from 2009-2011.

Kinda surprised he decided to leave Penn St. with his buddy being the head coach and all. But I guess he wanted to get back to the South.

Kinda surprised he decided to leave Penn St. with his buddy being the head coach and all. But I guess he wanted to get back to the South.

PSU is fixing to be in a world of hurt IMO. Their scholarship reductions are going to cripple them IMO. I think Coach Roof saw a good opportunity to get out while the getting was still good.

AU was 30-10 while Roof was here! I cussed him as much as the next guy but now that the clouds have lifted somewhat, I don't think Roof was the main issue behind the pourous defense we saw on the field from 2009-2011.

I agree about Roof. And ole Al Borges doesn't look so bad at all once he moved on from AU. Maybe there actually is something to the saying that certain coaches have to be a good "fit" for AU. Because we've had some good coaches walk the sidelines over the years that didn't pan out for us, but did ok elsewhere. :dunno:

I agree about Roof. And ole Al Borges doesn't look so bad at all once he moved on from AU. Maybe there actually is something to the saying that certain coaches have to be a good "fit" for AU. Because we've had some good coaches walk the sidelines over the years that didn't pan out for us, but did ok elsewhere. :dunno:

Actually Borges followed the same MO at AU that he did at UCLA and his previous stops before AU.........Good to very good for a couple of years followed by increasingly worse years. He is going to follow the same pattern at Michigan.

Roof is a mediocre DC. He was made worse by Chizik but Roof is still mediocre.

wde

From the second half of the 2010 Iron Bowl through the national championship game, Roof had as good a defense as we've had at Auburn in a long time. He is capable and I hope he does well at Ga Tech.

From the second half of the 2010 Iron Bowl through the national championship game, Roof had as good a defense as we've had at Auburn in a long time. He is capable and I hope he does well at Ga Tech.

Right, almost shut down UAT (Saban) in the second half and put the clamps on that high scoring Oregon team. He did what we needed to have done. Hope he does good at GaTech.

As much as we loved to gripe about Roof while he was here, if you'll remember, against the run his defenses were stout. Of course it all came back to player development. When Roof had Tuberville's well developed players (Bynes, Carter, Clayton, Stevens, etc.), NOBODY ran on us. Just ask Mark Ingram. During 2009 and 2010, I don't remember any runningback gaining 100 yards on that defense. I think Roof could shut down the run as good as any coach out there.

Archived