2013 3* OG Wilson Bell (FSU signee)

AuburnWarVet

didnt see any other thread so since we offered him thought I would start it...

Bryan Matthews@BMatt247

***Auburn has offered OL Wilson Bell (Free/Mobile)http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/Topic/42

Profile: http://247sports.com...lson-Bell-19214

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really makes wonder why the coaches showed no interest in Ira Denson.

Why do you say that?

Well in the Ira Denson thread you said, "I am saying at this moment there is not major interest from the Staff on Denson". And according to 247 we have still not offered him.

i could understand getting the Juco lineman (Danzey) to replace Westerman but after all the lineman we signed last year why are we going after so many this year? Dont we only have about 6 or 7 spots left?

Here is an article from the Orlando Sentinel about his visit to FSU this past weekend and recruiting.

http://www.orlandose...20,0,62444.post

I wonder who we have on our staff that knows anything about Prichard High School......hmmmm?

He is from Blount HS, where DC went to school. Got pretty good talent come out of that school lately. I assume DC will have that area on lockdown.

not taking anything away from Bell

i could understand getting the Juco lineman (Danzey) to replace Westerman but after all the lineman we signed last year why are we going after so many this year? Dont we only have about 6 or 7 spots left?

Signed a lot of tackles of late but we lack depth at Guard.

Never underestimate the value of the big uglies. One or two go down and boom season over if you don't have good depth.

AUBourne - This says to me that:

1. The staff likes this kid and the chance that he would help us in the future.
  2. That this staff would probably rather have a kid that can add the needed weight than one that is too heavy and must lose weight.
  3. He is quick enough to play in this offense, maybe Denson is not.
  4. His academics are in line.

We lost Westerman and I don't see Eric Mack making a comeback. Not at AU anyway. And what we had last year left something to be desired.

No. We have 12 spots left.

Why do you say that?

Well in the Ira Denson thread you said, "I am saying at this moment there is not major interest from the Staff on Denson". And according to 247 we have still not offered him.

They did show interest. He almost OVed last week remember.

AUBourne - This says to me that:

1. The staff likes this kid and the chance that he would help us in the future. I never questioned Bell getting an offer so not sure what your point is. I was just wondering why they would not offer one of the best HS linemen in the country after he expressed interest in playing at AU. .
  2. That this staff would probably rather have a kid that can add the needed weight than one that is too heavy and must lose weight. Denson is a great athlete and proved it in the all star game. He is the composite #7 guard in the country. I'm sure he can run and pull as good as any HS guard and his weight does not look bad on him at all.
  3. He is quick enough to play in this offense, maybe Denson is not. Obviously the coaches think Bell can contribute. Bell is not of the same caliber of rank as most of the OL recruits we have signed the past couple of seasons but I am sure getting a pipe line established to Blount/Mobile will be big for AU in the future and I don't doubt he can provide needed depth.

Why do you say that?

He reached out to our coaches wanting the visit after he bonded with Foster and Robinson at the all star game. The impression I got from his thread was that AU was not interested because they only wanted to sign one more OL and the main target was Golson who has since eliminated AU.

Why do you say that?

He reached out to our coaches wanting the visit after he bonded with Foster and Robinson at the all star game. The impression I got from his thread was that AU was not interested because they only wanted to sign one more OL and the main target was Golson who has since eliminated AU.

Our coaches accepted the visit request. Denson changed his mind.

Why do you say that?

Our coaches accepted the visit request. Denson changed his mind.

Ahh ic. Thanks.

This staff seems to looking at a lot of 3* guys. Why.

Us as fans get too caught up in "star gazing". In the case with this kid, he didn't do alot of camping. This offense doesn't "require" big stars; just guys that fit the system.

Archived