2013 3* OG Wilson Bell (FSU signee)

AuburnWarVet

This one is a head scratcher. With so much young talent at guard, not sure why we are going after a flyer that will need a redshirt year if he pans out. It's nothing against him as a player, just the strategy.

I would think we'd throw this scholarship on the defensive side of the ball (say cornerback).

Where is this talent at OG that you speak of? We have a lot of OT talent, but little depth at OG.

I think we have 5 OL Redshirts already that should help us this year.

Only one of the redshirts is a pure guard, Kozan. We have 3 guards on the roster, Slade (Jr), Danzey (Jr) and Kozan (RFr). With Bell we would have 2 pure guards coming thru the system together, ready to be there when Slade and Danzey graduate. I read where at 6'4", 296, there is hardly any fat on this kid and he can move.

Kind of makes me wonder why he is just a 3 star. Now I am as bad as everyone else talking about stars etc...

Not sure, but maybe he is not at a larger school, and therefore does not get quite as much attention from the recruiting services. It could also be that he is not just stellar at the camps/combines and other stuff used to evaluate the recruits.

Thanks for the info!

Blount is 6A region 1. One of the biggest and toughest regions in the state.

My bad that is why I started with "not sure". Because I wasn't.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's okay to take a few highly reguarded 3s in every class. If AUburn has a little depth to redshirt these guys, they can be developed into some really solid o-lineman. Similar to what Nebraska used to do. Get them in and work on them physically and schematically.

Heck Nebraska had some walk-ons that they developed/grew into studs via lifting weights and nutriton. It should be pointed out that some players will develop later than others or be missed by the recruiting sites because they didn't attend camps and/or were at small schools. Remember Courtney Taylor or the LB from Perry, GA, Dontarious? Those guys weren't rated 5-4 stars, but they sure played like it after a RS. Do we want all our recruits to be like this -no, bc it is too big of a risk, but a handful a year isn't a bad idea if the kids have good work ethic and are coachable.

Named Florida State as his leader per Al.com. Wasn't expecting that...

Should not be surprised since he just visuted there. He has an OV with Auburn this weekend that can quickly change things.

Named Florida State as his leader per Al.com. Wasn't expecting that...

Should not be surprised since he just visuted there. He has an OV with Auburn this weekend that can quickly change things.

Here is the link to that article. He is 6'4' and just weighed in today at 298. Good article with a picture of him standing with one of our guys Jason Smith tonight.

http://www.al.com/sp...is_still_c.html

The OG runs a 4.65 and thats just what CGM needs for his offense.. something that big, pulling and blocking... I love the thought.

Gus loves to use pulling Guards. I dont think we have one currently on the roster. I hope Danzey and Bell fill this role nicely. If that 40 time is even close to legit i say Bell is gonna be a beast in this offense!

I want as many 4 and 5 stars as the next guy. With that said: this kid has been a life-long Auburn fan, and AU is his dream school! Seems to be a good kid with no qualifying issues. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the type of athlete we want at AU?

Oh by the way, he is still in High School, he weighs-in around 300 lbs, and runs a 4.65, forty. I'll take em, how bout Y'all?

Not that an OL will be sprinting 40 yards anyway even on the most arduous pulling play, but just for fun the first thing our staff should do is give him some sprinters cleats, put him on a cynder track and re-time to see what he really runs vs that bs his high school apparently "clocked".

The FSU leads thing is just PR. It sounds much better that we stole one from Seminloes rather than from UCF, Troy, and his other offers. If he gets a committable offer from AU (and I'm sure he will) he will be a Tiger.

Makes me wonder if guys like bell and Cunningham may have/or are on the verge of losing their spots ... Or become a signing day backup choice. With the large contingent of stars coming next week we have to leave room for at least some of them.

I'm a tad surprised that Wilson hasn't committed yet this weekend, considering this was his dream offer.

As I said I believe it was in another thread, I do not know his offer is committable yet. The coaches are still going hard after Golson.

I'm a tad surprised that Wilson hasn't committed yet this weekend, considering this was his dream offer.

As I said I believe it was in another thread, I do not know his offer is committable yet. The coaches are still going hard after Golson.

I was wondering about that. Thanks

I'm sure Ellitor is right. Bell would have committed in about 2 seconds if our staff would accept. As soon as they give up on Golson he will commit to AU. I really doubt the FSU offer is committable. If we get Golson (hope we do, but not too optimistic any more) I think Bell will be back to Troy or UCF if those spots are open. Hope for Wilson's sake he doesn't wait to late.

I'm sure Ellitor is right. Bell would have committed in about 2 seconds if our staff would accept. As soon as they give up on Golson he will commit to AU. I really doubt the FSU offer is committable. If we get Golson (hope we do, but not too optimistic any more) I think Bell will be back to Troy or UCF if those spots are open. Hope for Wilson's sake he doesn't wait to late.

I think the UCF spot is open, he is the highest rated commitment they have on 247.

I think the UCF spot is open, he is the highest rated commitment they have on 247.

Bell is a 2-star on Rivals and UCF has eleven 3-stars. However they only have two other OL commits. That being said when a commit says two other schools are his top two, I might consider pulling the offer.

Well supposedly bell claims grimes said he would start next season....things you don't tell people even if true smh

Start pushing a sled.

Wilson had a firm offer, but waited too long to commit... Auburn has moved on. Numbers are starting to become a factor. I see that as a good thing!

Archived