2013 3* OG Wilson Bell (FSU signee)

AuburnWarVet

Hard to figure what some of these guys are looking for at a collge. All this shopping around and interviewing schools they already are familiar with....but I guess they want some kind of guarantee about playing time. Can't imagine that anyone told him he would start at AU next year, considering all the OLs we have now. Anyway, I see on another board that AU has moved on with regard to Mr. Bell.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to figure what some of these guys are looking for at a collge. All this shopping around and interviewing schools they already are familiar with....but I guess they want some kind of guarantee about playing time. Can't imagine that anyone told him he would start at AU next year, considering all the OLs we have now. Anyway, I see on another board that AU has moved on with regard to Mr. Bell.

Indeed! Supposedly an AU fan all his life, had only an offer from some mid-level schnool and then when AU offers he has to spend three weeks thinking about it before he can make up his mind? Does he think he's suddenly become the next Willie Anderson or something? Somebody needs to tell these guys about "snooze ya' lose".

Indeed! Supposedly an AU fan all his life, had only an offer from some mid-level schnool and then when AU offers he has to spend three weeks thinking about it before he can make up his mind? Does he think he's suddenly become the next Willie Anderson or something? Somebody needs to tell these guys about "snooze ya' lose".

Pretty much what AU told him.

Pretty much what AU told him.

It's hard to understand why these kids do things sometimes. Considering everything he said about AU, you would have thought Bell would have jumped on this chance instead of procrastinating.

yep ... there have been a couple of these "situations" here in the last week or so. i think that is why we may have gotten a couple of the commits we did. we may get a couple of more when stories like bell's lost spot get around. i agree this may be promising for nsd. but i said that last year too.....

I think some of these 3* kids notice that when AU comes calling, Bama and some other SEC schools are usually right behind showing interest

He might have figured if he waited, NS would come to see him and pave the way to the NFL. He may have gotten some bad advice from somewhere.

I think some of these 3* kids notice that when AU comes calling, Bama and some other SEC schools are usually right behind showing interest

He might have figured if he waited, NS would come to see him and pave the way to the NFL. He may have gotten some bad advice from somewhere.

Meh...whatever, these kids have the opportunity most of us would have killed for. If they want the NFL, it will take waaaay more than just attending "said" school. These guys shouldnt expect an easy way into the NFL is all I'm saying. If a kid has been a "lifelong" Auburn fan, it should be a choice with really no thought to it if their offered a full ride. We are a pathway to the NFL just as any other major university.

I think that some of these guys are starting to figure out that you can't just choose when you want, some schools have room for you for only a limited ammount of time. I hate it for him, but for whatever reason he seemed to be unable to commit in time, therefore lost his spot. Maybe this is a message to some of our other recruits.

I think that some of these guys are starting to figure out that you can't just choose when you want, some schools have room for you for only a limited ammount of time. I hate it for him, but for whatever reason he seemed to be unable to commit in time, therefore lost his spot. Maybe this is a message to some of our other recruits.

As it should be. EVERYBODY is replaceable. Just like the workplace in the "real" world.

Meh...whatever, these kids have the opportunity most of us would have killed for. If they want the NFL, it will take waaaay more than just attending "said" school. These guys shouldnt expect an easy way into the NFL is all I'm saying. If a kid has been a "lifelong" Auburn fan, it should be a choice with really no thought to it if their offered a full ride. We are a pathway to the NFL just as any other major university.

You know that and I know that...but if you listen to some of these kids explain why they sign with Bama, they are very open about their belief that NS will get them to the NFL. Meanwhile, why does a "lifelong AU fan" need a few weeks to mull over a full scholarship offer from AU ...unless he thinks he will get a better deal from some other school? Just sayin.... :-\

You know that and I know that...but if you listen to some of these kids explain why they sign with Bama, they are very open about their belief that NS will get them to the NFL. Meanwhile, why does a "lifelong AU fan" need a few weeks to mull over a full scholarship offer from AU ...unless he thinks he will get a better deal from some other school? Just sayin.... :-\

The the question must be asked...what constitutes a "better deal"? It seems to me, even though I readily admit I have no idea what goes on in these kids minds, it'd be hard to beat an offer like that from the school you've been a lifelong fan of.....wouldn't it? What would make another offer "better"?

You know that and I know that...but if you listen to some of these kids explain why they sign with Bama, they are very open about their belief that NS will get them to the NFL. Meanwhile, why does a "lifelong AU fan" need a few weeks to mull over a full scholarship offer from AU ...unless he thinks he will get a better deal from some other school? Just sayin.... :-\/>

The the question must be asked...what constitutes a "better deal"? It seems to me, even though I readily admit I have no idea what goes on in these kids minds, it'd be hard to beat an offer like that from the school you've been a lifelong fan of.....wouldn't it? What would make another offer "better"?

+1

That's a good question and I sure don't know.....but a scholarship at any SEC school is basically the same everywhere...so what causes any given player to pick one school over another? Playing time, family feeling, etc? But again, why would a kid need to start shopping around when his "lifetime" favorite school calls? Perhaps someone is telling them not to take the first offer. Just a curious situation :dunno:

i think some of the kids dont realize that if you are not high enough on the need list as time goes by so does your offer.

Sorry, "Wilson" I'm calling BS on that one. You no longer have an offer.

Sounds like he is trying to build a little drama for when he picks Ole Miss, etc...

For those who subscribe to 247 the story around Bell is available there. CGM is definitely in charge and has no patience with "issues".

For those who subscribe to 247 the story around Bell is available there. CGM is definitely in charge and has no patience with "issues".

Or in this case saying another team's position coach is better than Auburn's position coach while OVing Auburn.

Good for Gus!

Or in this case saying another team's position coach is better than Auburn's position coach while OVing Auburn.

Was he saying Trickett was better than Grimes? If true, then Grimes does not have that good of a reputation.

wde

Was he saying Trickett was better than Grimes? If true, then Grimes does not have that good of a reputation.

wde

this guy is going to think about this once he has his first practice under trickett,and gets called every name under the sun,told how sorry he is, and how his mama should have kept her clothes on when she conceived him......bell had better have some thick skin because he is about to be abused and humiliated....trickett does produce,but the abuse he tosses out to his players will leave them scarred for life

Archived