More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Mehhh...

(110 yards * 52 times) / 1760 yards to a mile = 3.25 miles

... at that age not really impressed.

He said Sprints , not running. A sprint means running as fast as you can physically move. Most people (on this board) would injure themselves if they tried to sprint from one side of a football field to the other one time. 3.25 miles of sprints is extreme.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sprints are a way to increase your lung capacity while running. When we do PT in the Army, we add sprints in while we are also doing push-ups, crunches, sit-ups, flutter kicks, and jump ropes. Running 110 yards at a 3/4 or full speed sprint will increase lung and muscle endurance over a longer time. Which would help with the HUNH offense of CGM and also the defense for having to defend against the same type of offense.

C'mon guys... it is obvious that Bates didn't just fall down. I know our defense has an extraordinary talent for the 'fall-tackle' as opposed to wrapping up... but this was clearly a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. Even the TV announcer said it "wasn't malicious" and he was "trying to get up and he tripped". Listen to the end of the video.

Sorry IronMan, The more I watch, the more I disagree... and my O&B glasses are as tinted as they come. He lazily hops back into the guy while trash talking the whole way. If I took every tv announcer's statement as gospel- I'd devote all my time to catching up on Brittney Spears & throwing the football around out back with pops. wde~

C'mon guys... it is obvious that Bates didn't just fall down. I know our defense has an extraordinary talent for the 'fall-tackle' as opposed to wrapping up... but this was clearly a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. Even the TV announcer said it "wasn't malicious" and he was "trying to get up and he tripped". Listen to the end of the video.

Sorry IronMan, The more I watch, the more I disagree... and my O&B glasses are as tinted as they come. He lazily hops back into the guy while trash talking the whole way. If I took every tv announcer's statement as gospel- I'd devote all my time to catching up on Brittney Spears & throwing the football around out back with pops. wde~

LOL, fair enough, but I'm in the Bates camp on this one.

I think the announcers got it right.

Bates is not trash talking, he is defending a terrible call.

Bates had no history of cheap shots in his career. He started almost every game at Auburn for 4 years. I think his on field behavior speaks for itself.

I choose to believe history plus game footage plus announcer interpretation.

Jeremy Johnson @MRSUPER6A

We ran 2240 yards this morning legs are gone

Mine would be too Jeremy...

Hope they were suicides.. Cause that isn't but a little over a mile.

Try 50-100 yd wind sprints, followed by sub 60 sec 440s with 1 minute rest to get to the 2240 yards.

Try 50-100 yd wind sprints, followed by sub 60 sec 440s with 1 minute rest to get to the 2240 yards.

Is that what they actually ran?

According to player tweets I have read, they are doing the 50-100 yd wind sprints but no mention of the 440s. I put that in there because that is what we use to do at the very end of practice. Although they were brutal, the difference in stamina doing the 440s was amazing and I am sure that coach Russell has several similar stamina disciplines included in his program.

According to player tweets I have read, they are doing the 50-100 yd wind sprints but no mention of the 440s. I put that in there because that is what we use to do at the very end of practice. Although they were brutal, the difference in stamina doing the 440s was amazing and I am sure that coach Russell has several similar stamina disciplines included in his program.

Thanks. That is some serious stuff right there.

1. IG:@dominic_era4 ‏@DW_SHOWTIME4
    We ran 3,240 yards total up n down the field with only 30 sec break each under 10 sec #Exausted
    Expand

2. 8f30659235d756939554864db2808cff_normal.jpegChad Slade ‏@ChadSlade62
    @DW_SHOWTIME4 that sounds like fun lol
    Expand

3. 3d4e6ecac2ebd5901a210c8bd4ff963d_normal.jpegIG:@dominic_era4 ‏@DW_SHOWTIME
    @ChadSlade62 naw not fun at all after doing front squats n clean before all that
    Expand

4. 8f30659235d756939554864db2808cff_normal.jpegChad Slade ‏@ChadSlade62
    @DW_SHOWTIME4 it's rough but it will pay off I can bet you that!

I think the announcers got it right.

Bates is not trash talking, he is defending a terrible call.

Bates had no history of cheap shots in his career. He started almost every game at Auburn for 4 years. I think his on field behavior speaks for itself.

I choose to believe history plus game footage plus announcer interpretation.

His character isn't being questioned here, just the incident in particular which happens to everyone on the field at some point. Part of the game from time to time. The trash talking comes while he is face-to-face w the QB, just after he laid back down on him lol. As for the third part, I'm going to save that one next time I get pulled over. "It's never happened before, so I definitely wasn't speeding just now officer. Didn't happen." 'AUshrink's Law of Confabulation'. I could really use you against my friends when I have to tailgate with them in turdtown. Might free up enough time to keep the locals from peeing on my car. :we:

One keg of Abita Strawator to the Bates Camp, I like the spirit over there :thumbsup:

1. IG:@dominic_era4 ‏@DW_SHOWTIME4
    We ran 3,240 yards total up n down the field with only 30 sec break each under 10 sec #Exausted
    Expand

2. 8f30659235d756939554864db2808cff_normal.jpegChad Slade ‏@ChadSlade62
    @DW_SHOWTIME4 that sounds like fun lol
    Expand

3. 3d4e6ecac2ebd5901a210c8bd4ff963d_normal.jpegIG:@dominic_era4 ‏@DW_SHOWTIME
    @ChadSlade62 naw not fun at all after doing front squats n clean before all that
    Expand

4. 8f30659235d756939554864db2808cff_normal.jpegChad Slade ‏@ChadSlade62
    @DW_SHOWTIME4 it's rough but it will pay off I can bet you that!

Glad to see that our guys are working hard! War Eagle!

@JustinGarrett26: Hit 500 on squat today. And tomorrow I'm aiming for 400 on bench 💪💪💪

I'm just so happy they're back focusing on the bench (among other things)...

^^ I hear ya, I just thought it was impressive that our undersized linebacker, new 'star' gem is throwing around that kind of weight. He will be a force in his new role!

This should be a very different team that takes the field this year. I think the change up in S&T will pay dividends....looking forward to the fall....

Archived