More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

All I know is I looked at the Miracle League pics on another thread and they must of had Sammie Coates in the sand for the last 6 months. Is it just me or has he "firmed up" quite a bit?

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that the JUCOs coming into the program would be motivation enough to work hard and get the desired results out of our current players.

The stuff about Peyton Barber today was great. He was working out with a trainer through a driving rainstorm. He's definitely not "Small, but ripped", looks more like "Beast mode".

I would think that the JUCOs coming into the program would be motivation enough to work hard and get the desired results out of our current players.

The stuff about Peyton Barber today was great. He was working out with a trainer through a driving rainstorm. He's definitely not "Small, but ripped", looks more like "Beast mode".

This deserves it's own thread.

Just wanted to let you guys know I have a handful of football players in my Anatomy class. Today they were complaining about how sore their legs were as they shuffled out of class. I like hearing that.

:wareagle:

Conditioning. This coming from an Auburn marine on another board. "Ive been punished by the sand in my day. A lot of combatives take place in the sand. Really helps your balance in throws and take downs. Sand will really help with balance, especially with OL and DL. Sand is well known for training."

As always, thank you E.

UDT Teams (underwater demoliton team) born in WWII are the forerunners of the Navy Seals. The sand thing has been a part of their regimen since they came into extistence.

Conditioning. This coming from an Auburn marine on another board. "Ive been punished by the sand in my day. A lot of combatives take place in the sand. Really helps your balance in throws and take downs. Sand will really help with balance, especially with OL and DL. Sand is well known for training."

As always, thank you E.

UDT Teams (underwater demoliton team) born in WWII are the forerunners of the Navy Seals. The sand thing has been a part of their regimen since they came into extistence.

Bingo!

Thanks for the video. Great to see the guys taking workouts seriously. WDE..... CANT WAIT UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS. .

that sand looks pretty deep

The pit looks bigger than the first pics we saw too. It's going to be a good place to put in some quality work.

From the Article: "I don’t think anybody wanted to roll in the sand. Other than rolling and getting water sprayed on you ... normal sand pit was fine.”

Rolling won't help you in anyway except maybe toughening you up. That was just a punishment. But I assure you doing sprints and other drills in the sand pit once a week will benefit our players immensely.

Idk if it's still there, but we did a little work in the sand pit at Prattville about once a week, and...well result speak for themselves.

:wareagle:

Just my untrained, unathletic thoughts: Unless it's downhill and gravity does all the work, I think rolling over extended time and distance could really get exhausting, build stamina, and work some muscles, especially if rolling against loose sand. ...now whether the particular muscles worked contribute anything in the game of football, I couldn't say. (But based on the Texas Tech link, if nothing else it sounds useful as one more arrow in our quiver of "motivational"/disciplinary measures! ;) )

Was that the whole workout? If so, we are going to need to work on some stamina drills as well.

You didn't see the rest of the workout? In the first 50 msec Gus told the team they needed to practice fast. So in the next 100 msec the team went through warmups, special teams, broke up into group practice, and then had a 50 play scrimmage. I almost missed it myself, so don't blink at the very beginning of the video. The sand stuff at the end was just fluff...... ;D ;D

Was that the whole workout? If so, we are going to need to work on some stamina drills as well.

You didn't see the rest of the workout? In the first 50 msec Gus told the team they needed to practice fast. So in the next 100 msec the team went through warmups, special teams, broke up into group practice, and then had a 50 play scrimmage. I almost missed it myself, so don't blink at the very beginning of the video. The sand stuff at the end was just fluff...... ;D ;D

Ha, got ya. That is the type of workout I like. The kind hard to see.

• 2 weeks later...

touche Kiehl Frazier..... touche

Haha no kidding! These dudes are working hard and I love it. Cannot wait for the season to start!!

Frazier been hitting it...way more defined..and his neck...btw Prosch looks like an action figure

Yep, Frazier looks like a linebacker now. I like Prosch's Marine buzzcut, it fits him well.

Jay could have a career in wrestling ala goldberg after his nfl football career is over.

Jay could have a career in wrestling ala goldberg after his nfl football career is over.

Kiehl looks like he could be a pretty mean cruiser weight himself with his look.

Archived