More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Bench didn't matter when we suck at it but you best believe when guys are able to tweet some impressive numbers again it will be the talk of the board!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Garrett, did y'all see his tweet about being friends with opposing players? Some of our guys are friends with and will tweet back and forth with UAt/ UGa players. Garrett tweeted the other night, "Dudes being friends with the enemy. If we play against you I don't F with you. Point blank period". I don't have a problem with our guys being friends with other players.....but I tend to agree with Justin, I like the chip on his shoulder.

Speaking of Garrett, did y'all see his tweet about being friends with opposing players? Some of our guys are friends with and will tweet back and forth with UAt/ UGa players. Garrett tweeted the other night, "Dudes being friends with the enemy. If we play against you I don't F with you. Point blank period". I don't have a problem with our guys being friends with other players.....but I tend to agree with Justin, I like the chip on his shoulder.

Fraternizing with the competition is questionable. I had coaches that didn't like it and made sure it was understood that they didn't. Whatever..I expect the players to keep it all in perspective but they are kids and its not uncommon for these kinds of things to create some small problems.

Justin ‏@JustinGarrett26

500 pound squatter 400 pound bench presser 300 pound cleaner ���� I'm feeling strong today so don't get disrespectful ����

@BigDyckChainey pound for pound it's prolly @CoreyGranttt the strong person on the team

Defense is fun but I would have to say Kickoff team is the best part about football. Especially the first kickoff of the game...

The worse part about going 3-9 is watching every other team play in December while your at home broke as a joke

^^ I hear ya, I just thought it was impressive that our undersized linebacker, new 'star' gem is throwing around that kind of weight. He will be a force in his new role!

YES! Garrett is going to break out! WDE!

Fraternizing with the competition is questionable. I had coaches that didn't like it and made sure it was understood that they didn't. Whatever..I expect the players to keep it all in perspective but they are kids and its not uncommon for these kinds of things to create some small problems.

I really don't see it as an issue. Recruits participate in all kinds of camps, all-star games, award banquets, and hit the recruiting trail together. They form bonds with guys in their recruiting class and other top recruits where some friendships are sustained throughout college. As the season gets closer i would expect the friendships to be less visible esp. as far as social media is concerned.

I really don't see it as an issue. Recruits participate in all kinds of camps, all-star games, award banquets, and hit the recruiting trail together. They form bonds with with guys in their recruiting class and other top recruits where some friendships are sustained throughout college. As the season gets closer i would expect the friendships to be less visible esp. as far as social media is concerned.

You're probably right. Some kids can handle the social media and some have problems with it ie Manziel seems to have had a few problem

I really don't see it as an issue. Recruits participate in all kinds of camps, all-star games, award banquets, and hit the recruiting trail together. They form bonds with with guys in their recruiting class and other top recruits where some friendships are sustained throughout college. As the season gets closer i would expect the friendships to be less visible esp. as far as social media is concerned.

You're probably right. Some kids can handle the social media and some have problems with it ie Manziel seems to have had a few problem

To bad that a lot of grown-ups forget this is a game. When I played I played as hard as I could each game but never did I have resentment for any player on the other team. There is absolutely no reason they cannot be freinds, in fact most of them are.JMHO.

Look, as much as you want the players to care like the fans do its just not going to happen. They chose to come to Auburn because they felt it was the best place for them to come to showcase their talents for the NFL. It was a business decision. When Auburn loses, they are not upset that Auburn lost, they are upset that the team they play for lost. Sure its not 100% like this but for the most part, I think it is.

Just look at Miami Heat's Udonis Haslem for example. He went to the University of Florida, although he remains a Miami Hurricane fan. Thats not to say he probably doesn't pull for Florida, but those 2 schools are rivals and he still pulls for the rival to his alma mater. He says he is a Miami fan. I don't think that is particularly an extreme example. I mean you see some of Auburn players playing as Alabama in college football video games, and I've had the game since 2001 and have never, not ONCE, played as Bama (lol totally the same thing, right???)

LMAO I don't know where that came from, but the players have a totally different perspective on all of this than the fans, and the fans don't like it but it is reality.

Look, as much as you want the players to care like the fans do its just not going to happen. They chose to come to Auburn because they felt it was the best place for them to come to showcase their talents for the NFL. It was a business decision. When Auburn loses, they are not upset that Auburn lost, they are upset that the team they play for lost. Sure its not 100% like this but for the most part, I think it is.

Just look at Miami Heat's Udonis Haslem for example. He went to the University of Florida, although he remains a Miami Hurricane fan. Thats not to say he probably doesn't pull for Florida, but those 2 schools are rivals and he still pulls for the rival to his alma mater. He says he is a Miami fan. I don't think that is particularly an extreme example. I mean you see some of Auburn players playing as Alabama in college football video games, and I've had the game since 2001 and have never, not ONCE, played as Bama (lol totally the same thing, right???)

LMAO I don't know where that came from, but the players have a totally different perspective on all of this than the fans, and the fans don't like it but it is reality.

mark ingram and ginger dont agree with this!

Justin ‏@JustinGarrett26

500 pound squatter 400 pound bench presser 300 pound cleaner ���� I'm feeling strong today so don't get disrespectful ����

@BigDyckChainey pound for pound it's prolly @CoreyGranttt the strong person on the team

Defense is fun but I would have to say Kickoff team is the best part about football. Especially the first kickoff of the game...

The worse part about going 3-9 is watching every other team play in December while your at home broke as a joke

Who is @bigdyckchainey ? That is a hilarious twitter name. Oh, and CG is a beast. I really would like to see him succeed this year.

Justin ‏@JustinGarrett26

Who is @bigdyckchainey ? That is a hilarious twitter name. Oh, and CG is a beast. I really would like to see him succeed this year.

I don't know who the guy is but I'm following him now because his photo album is absolutely hysterical and he seems to be a witty ol' chap.

Nice abs. What can u do with them ??? I hope those aren't bonomolo muscles .. U guys look tough but let's show off the wins and loses column

Jaylon Denson looks pretty decent sized. You can tell why he has been our blocking receiver. Like McCaleb, I don't think T Reed has the genetics to put on weight. Reese is a walk-on for a reason, he has a slighter build than Reed. Stevens and Walker both have frames that could put on weight and look like solid SEC WRs in a couple years.

Well they got no fat. They are receivers, all we ask is you are fast, quick, and can catch. I dont know when we have had a WR that looked like Julio Jones if ever. We just need productions.

Well they got no fat. They are receivers, all we ask is you are fast, quick, and can catch. I dont know when we have had a WR that looked like Julio Jones if ever. We just need productions.

100% Agree. Everybody doesn't need to look like the "Hulk." As long as they can get the job done!

I agree....AJ Green was slim but put up major numbers! Keep up the good work guys and produce on the field!

Archived